The Student Room Group

Which uni should I go too?

I want to go to either Liverpool John Moores or University of Chester but I can’t decide. Any advice or opinions on these unis would be appreciated. Thanks.
Original post by Emmajade98
I want to go to either Liverpool John Moores or University of Chester but I can’t decide. Any advice or opinions on these unis would be appreciated. Thanks.

Have a look at the courses you are interested in either online or looking at their prospectuses - the content, style of teaching, assessment - to see which one suits you more. I would also recommend attending open days so you can visit the univerisity and the city, look at the facilities available, meet the lecturers and talk with current students about how they are finding the course and what they hope to do with it.
Reply 2

Presumably you have offers from both?

On what basis did you shortlist them?

Have you (re)visited them?

You have until May to decide, there's absolutely no rush.
Reply 3
Original post by Doonesbury
Presumably you have offers from both?

On what basis did you shortlist them?

Have you (re)visited them?

You have until May to decide, there's absolutely no rush.

Yes I have offers from both and attended open days, they were my favourites and wanted to hear from people who go there. Thanks (it is a while till may ahah)
Reply 4
hi, thanks for your suggestions
Original post by cheesecakelove
Have a look at the courses you are interested in either online or looking at their prospectuses - the content, style of teaching, assessment - to see which one suits you more. I would also recommend attending open days so you can visit the univerisity and the city, look at the facilities available, meet the lecturers and talk with current students about how they are finding the course and what they hope to do with it.
Reply 5
Yes I have offers from both and attended open days, they were my favourites and wanted to hear from people who go there. Thanks (it is a while till may ahah)

You could also ask in their specific forums:
Liverpool John Moores University - and the official rep is @Liverpool John Moores
University of Chester - rep is @University of Chester

Hi @Emmajade98 :hi:

What course are you interested in studying? Was there anything in particular you wanted to find out?

We can email some of our ambassadors and see if they can help answer any questions you have. :colondollar:
Sensible TSR advice on making Firm/Insurance choices here : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/firm-and-insurance-choices
Reply 8
Original post by returnmigrant
Sensible TSR advice on making Firm/Insurance choices here : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/firm-and-insurance-choices

Thank you!
Reply 9
Original post by University of Chester
Hi @Emmajade98 :hi:

What course are you interested in studying? Was there anything in particular you wanted to find out?

We can email some of our ambassadors and see if they can help answer any questions you have. :colondollar:

Its zoology, and I was wondering how likely you are to get into your first choice accommodation? And if the semi catered could be adapted from lunch and dinner 5 days a week, to something less?
Its zoology, and I was wondering how likely you are to get into your first choice accommodation? And if the semi catered could be adapted from lunch and dinner 5 days a week, to something less?

At the moment you currently select your accommodation preferences, however our Accommodation Team are currently reviewing the process. If anything changes our website will be updated and further details about the application process will be sent out in 2019 to anyone that has applied to study at Chester. In the meantime, if you have any questions about accommodation we recommend getting in touch with our Accommodation Team, email: [email protected]

We'll get in touch with some of our ambassadors to see if any of them can give you an insight into the course and student life at Chester. :colondollar:

Hi Emmajade98,

My advice is to compare the courses - are there any modules which really strike you? Have you evaluated how expensive each place is? What's the city life like in both places? Have you looked at societies/clubs/extracurricular opportunities at both? :smile:

- Seren, University of Plymouth Student Rep
100% chester
Reply 13
Original post by Geo_related
100% chester

How come? x

Hi there, I'm Julia and I have just finished studying at LJMU. What are you thinking of studying? and I will be able to give you some advise based on that.
Reply 15
Hi,I’ve already decided ljmu studying zoology, but thanks anyway.
Original post by Liverpool John Moores
Hi there, I'm Julia and I have just finished studying at LJMU. What are you thinking of studying? and I will be able to give you some advise based on that.
Ahh amazing. Good luck with starting University at LJMU. If you have any questions just let me know.
Hi,I’ve already decided ljmu studying zoology, but thanks anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending