The Student Room Group

History or geography a level choice

I dont no which 2 choose. History or geography?
Im doing maths and psychology.
I want 2 do an economics and finance course at uni.
Im predicted a 7 in geography. And an 8 in history.
Im not keen on the fieldwork part of geography but i dont like writing essays ( but i can adapt)
Can anyone help me
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Izzy003
I dont no which 2 choose. History or geography?
Im doing maths and psychology.
I want 2 do an economics and finance course at uni.
Im predicted a 7 in geography. And an 8 in history.
Im not keen on the fieldwork part of geography but i dont like writing essays ( but i can adapt)
Can anyone help me

Doesnt matter. Whichever one you are interested in [ look at the spec properly] and has best teachers
What you want is the best grade..
If you want to do an economics degree why don't you think about doing an economics a level
Reply 3
Original post by brooke530
If you want to do an economics degree why don't you think about doing an economics a level

My school dont offer it. But im applying 4 it at others as well as history or geography a level
Reply 4
If you don't like writing essays, it might be best to avoid A Levels like History and Geography.
Reply 5
Original post by Geek5
If you don't like writing essays, it might be best to avoid A Levels like History and Geography.

I might not enjoy it but i am good at essay style questions and im a quick writer.
History is a very demanding A level. I’d say it’s definitely up there as being one of the hardest A levels. It’s not too much about essays, that’s just a given because it’s an essay based subject. There is so so much content, so many dates and it is nothing like GCSE. It doesn’t matter if you’re a “quick writer” because you have to know what to write firstly. It’s all about evaluation and analysis and how you use sources. Honestly geography is so much easier

Quick Reply

Latest