The Student Room Group

clothes for girlfriends grandparents dinner

My girlfriend has asked me to wear my school uniform on 27th December for a meal at her grandparents house. They are very strict and like smart dress. But is it necessary to wear my full school uniform including tie and blazer

Scroll to see replies

So long as you dress formally and smart, it shouldn’t matter what you wear. Jus the yourself and i’m sure they’ll love you for you!
Reply 2
That's what I said but she wants me to wear my school uniform with the blazer and tie. She is adiment on it
Original post by Chris522
My girlfriend has asked me to wear my school uniform on 27th December for a meal at her grandparents house. They are very strict and like smart dress. But is it necessary to wear my full school uniform including tie and blazer

Not you and one of your endless school uniform threads - again.
That's what I said but she wants me to wear my school uniform with the blazer and tie. She is adiment on it

Well, let her know that you’d rather wear something without a logo/badge/location on it as it makes you feel uncomfortable about yourself and don’t want to have conversation about it too much! you’d rather wear something smart and formal and make sure you inform her of what you’d want to wear so she doesn’t think it’s a t-shirt and jeans
If you don't want to wear school uniform wear a shirt, tie, blazer and smart trousers. Essentially the same thing but not school related.
Reply 6
(Original post by bones-mccoy)If you don't want to wear school uniform wear a shirt, tie, blazer and smart trousers. Essentially the same thing but not school related.
I don't mind my uniform just don't really want to wear the school tie and badged blazer when not in school. But she says it looks smart and it's a nice uniform. So I don't know what to do
(Original post by bones-mccoy)If you don't want to wear school uniform wear a shirt, tie, blazer and smart trousers. Essentially the same thing but not school related.
I don't mind my uniform just don't really want to wear the school tie and badged blazer when not in school. But she says it looks smart and it's a nice uniform. So I don't know what to do

tell her you’ll wear a tie and blazer without the school logos/colours so you’ll feel more comfortable and happier doing it that way
Reply 8
Yeah I already tried that one she said well if I ain't wearing my school tie and blazer she will give me one of her school ties. Don't know what the thing is with having to wear a uniform to this meal. I think wearing another schools uniform would be more wrong than wearing my own?? No???
Yeah I already tried that one she said well if I ain't wearing my school tie and blazer she will give me one of her school ties. Don't know what the thing is with having to wear a uniform to this meal. I think wearing another schools uniform would be more wrong than wearing my own?? No???

Yeah, so ask her what the big deal with wearing a school uniform is? otherwise there’s no reason as to why you can’t wear your own formal clothes
Reply 10
She says her grandparents think her and my school uniform is really nice and to be fair they are nice uniforms so she wants me to wear it for one day. Said once we leave I can take the blazer off.
Clothes for dinner... very low in calories, ideal for fat people.
Reply 12
Original post by hollybopkins
Yeah, so ask her what the big deal with wearing a school uniform is? otherwise there’s no reason as to why you can’t wear your own formal clothes

What u reckon then, her tie and sh*t or my uniform. What wud u pick given that choice. My own uniform or another schools uniform
What u reckon then, her tie and sh*t or my uniform. What wud u pick given that choice. My own uniform or another schools uniform

your own uniform! Why put in a false front image about where you are educated?
Reply 14
Original post by hollybopkins
your own uniform! Why put in a false front image about where you are educated?

Lol coz I really don't want to be wearing a school tie and blazer during the Christmas holidays. But yeah I guess it would look better wearing my own. It's just a hassle with the tie and blazer tho
thats pretty weird, school uniform when you're not at school :confused:

just ask her why it specifically needs to be your school blazer. why not a smart jacket and tie? what will happen if you don't wear your school uniform

in fact - fu ck it. just because HER grandparents are strict doesn't mean you have to follow their rules, what are they going to do - shout at you? throw you out? fu ck them if they do, they don't own you. wear whatever the hell you want man, what is this BS??
Reply 16
Well we have a compromise she says if I wear her schools tie then I don't need a blazer and we will both be in same school uniform and it will look really smart for photos etc. Going to feel a bit weird wearing another schools tie tho
Ok stop lying about this whole thing, you're the guy who posts threads on school uniforms, you're a troll and a very bad one at that
Reply 18
Well after much debate and arguments on this, I have decided to give in, it clearly means a lot to my girlfriend that I wear my school uniform for one day, so for a full day on 27th I will be in full uniform as won't be home till late will have to wear it in full all day. At least she will be happy
Well after much debate and arguments on this, I have decided to give in, it clearly means a lot to my girlfriend that I wear my school uniform for one day, so for a full day on 27th I will be in full uniform as won't be home till late will have to wear it in full all day. At least she will be happy

Good! Now can you go away and get a life and stop posting these endless threads about school uniforms. You need help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending