The Student Room Group

Remember Corbyn voted Remain.

You would have thought he would have got with the program by now and backed most of his party to support a losers vote.

Just out of interest. Does anyone on this forum really believe Corbyn voted to remain when he was alone in the booth back in 2016 with the binary choice of Leave v Remain.

Does anyone believe that while he was stood there pondering where to put his mark he actually thought that he'd been wrong in his total opposition to the EU.?

30 years plus of his political career totally wasted moaning about a political organisation that he now supports.

Does anyone actually believe this?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mister Fantastic
You would have thought he would have got with the program by now and backed most of his party to support a losers vote.

Just out of interest. Does anyone on this forum really believe Corbyn voted to remain when he was alone in the booth back in 2016 with the binary choice of Leave v Remain.

Does anyone believe that while he was stood there pondering where to put his mark he actually thought that he'd been wrong in his total opposition to the EU.?

30 years plus of his political career totally wasted moaning about a political organisation that he now supports.

Does anyone actually believe this?

Your argument is confusing.

Are you angry with Corbyn for voting to remain and should be trying to go against the will of the people? Or are you saying that he voted leave, since he has been a Brexiteer?

From your post, you appear to not like Corbyn and are trying to smear him. So you are trying to attack from both sides.

In response to your point, I would say that Corbyn should respect the will of the people. The Tories have themselves cornered. If they go with brexit, they would be voted out. If they vote to remain and go against the people, they would still be voted out.
Reply 2
Has he actually said he voted remain? He did make his ambivalence to EU membership pretty clear with the 7 (or was it was it 7.5 out of 10) remark. And of course it is an organisation with advantages and disadvantages. Personally I think there is reasonable life inside or outside the EU. Having a decent credible national government is the more important issue.
Original post by Wired_1800
Your argument is confusing.

Are you angry with Corbyn for voting to remain and should be trying to go against the will of the people? Or are you saying that he voted leave, since he has been a Brexiteer?

From your post, you appear to not like Corbyn and are trying to smear him. So you are trying to attack from both sides.

In response to your point, I would say that Corbyn should respect the will of the people. The Tories have themselves cornered. If they go with brexit, they would be voted out. If they vote to remain and go against the people, they would still be voted out.

Angry?

My question is aimed at his supporters who I think are being misled. I wouldn't say I don't like him but I don't like some of the company he kept. However I do think he would be a disaster in government.

You haven't answered the question. As a Corbyn supporter, do you think he really voted Remain?
Corbyn? Who is he? I heard there was someone called Corbyn paid handsomely to be leader of the opposition and holding the government to account. However, in these crucial times, he seems to be missing in action. Have you seen him anywhere?
Angry?

My question is aimed at his supporters who I think are being misled. I wouldn't say I don't like him but I don't like some of the company he kept. However I do think he would be a disaster in government.

You haven't answered the question. As a Corbyn supporter, do you think he really voted Remain?

What about the Tories? So you feel that Corbyn would be a disaster in Government, but don't think the Tories have ruined the nation?

In response to your question, I think he voted to leave. The issue is that he leads a party that significantly voted to remain. As a result, he has to be as central as possible.

Many real supporters of Corbyn don't think he is misleading them. That is why they still support him beyond the attacks and campaigns against him. Remember that he won two mutiny attacks and gained more seats in parliament even when they said it would be a disaster.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ByEeek
Corbyn? Who is he? I heard there was someone called Corbyn paid handsomely to be leader of the opposition and holding the government to account. However, in these crucial times, he seems to be missing in action. Have you seen him anywhere?

He is there, patiently waiting for his time.
He is there, patiently waiting for his time.

I'm not convinced. He is standing by whilst the Tories are sh1tting the country down the toilet. He could do something about it but because he is not, he will be culpable too. I am the classic floating voter. I voted for Tony Blair but I could never vote for Corbyn. He is pointless.
Original post by ByEeek
I'm not convinced. He is standing by whilst the Tories are sh1tting the country down the toilet. He could do something about it but because he is not, he will be culpable too. I am the classic floating voter. I voted for Tony Blair but I could never vote for Corbyn. He is pointless.

What do you want him to do? The Opposition is there to review accordingly and not oppose for the sake of blocking.
What about the Tories? So you feel that Corbyn would be a disaster in Government, but don't think the Tories have ruined the nation?

In response to your question, I think he voted to leave. The issue is that he leads a party that significantly voted to remain. As a result, he has to be as central as possible.

Many real supporters of Corbyn don't think he is misleading them. That is why they still support him beyond the attacks and campaigns against him. Remember that he won two mutiny attacks and gained more seats in parliament even when they said it would be a disaster.

He told the press he voted to Remain and you think he did the opposite. Don't you have a problem with that?
Original post by ByEeek

What do you want him to do? 🤔
He told the press he voted to Remain and you think he did the opposite. Don't you have a problem with that?

So? Are you really looking for completely honest politicians? Really?? Have you seen what we are dealing with in the current Government?

I would rather have Jeremy Corbyn than Theresa May any day. The woman is a stone-cold liar that even her own MPs are done with her.
Rofl... he gave what is called a lacklustre remain speech some 2 yrs ago. Used it as an excuse to promote party politics. It is the curse of man they so easily forget.

No... you have ruined the nation.
While Corbyn may be an evil communist, I don't think he's a traitor.
Original post by DrMikeHuntHertz
While Corbyn may be an evil communist, I don't think he's a traitor.

Never said he was... worries me that the real villain of the piece sails away untouched. Boris Johnson. Never actually wanted Brexit but lacking the guts to admit it after we all blindly followed.
Original post by Vinny C
Never said he was... worries me that the real villain of the piece sails away untouched. Boris Johnson. Never actually wanted Brexit but lacking the guts to admit it after we all blindly followed.

How do you know he never actuallt wanted Brexit? Are you his neighbour?
How do you know he never actuallt wanted Brexit? Are you his neighbour?

Do you not remember him wrestling with his conscience about whether to support remain or leave? Took him around 3 days to decide and was a close call as he then put it.

I also remember the speach he gave about welcoming Turkey into the EU fold with open arms.

The man is a hypocrite, liar and player. There is only one important thing in Boris' world and that is Boris. Everyone else can do one.
Original post by ByEeek
Do you not remember him wrestling with his conscience about whether to support remain or leave? Took him around 3 days to decide and was a close call as he then put it.

I also remember the speach he gave about welcoming Turkey into the EU fold with open arms.

The man is a hypocrite, liar and player. There is only one important thing in Boris' world and that is Boris. Everyone else can do one.

You are talking like other politicians are so altruistic that makes Boris a monster. What about backstabber Gove???

Boris had to play his cards well. At the beginning, nobody knew that the UK would vote to leave, so he decided to pitch his tent in the leave campaign. This was a political move to make himself a strong opponent to Cameron, thereby making him a good candidate to take over from him.

Johnson was like many other politicians, who picked the side that would benefit them the most. Remember Corbyn has been an ardent Eurosceptic for ages, but had to shift sides when he became Labour leader.

People need to stop putting their life and hopes in politicians. They don't care about you. The best approach is to choose the lesser of the evils in that moment and vote for them.
(edited 5 years ago)
I have zero trust in Boris as well, he just goes in the direction of where ever the political wind is blowing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending