Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway, University of London applicants chat and FAQ 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katie091000
Hi,

So I was just wondering what the uni would be looking for in terms of giving an unconditional offer if you firm the university. I’ve received a conditional offer, (which I am thrilled with,) but I just wanted to know out of curiosity what the difference is between a conditional and an unconditional if you firm.

Thanks!

Hi katie091000,

Iqqraxo is correct that we offer an Academic Excellence Scheme to those who demonstrate a record of outstanding academic achievement including high grades for GCSEs or a predicted high grade for the IB Diploma.

Based on the above requirements and after an application to study is submitted, you would receive a conditional offer and then given the opportunity to have this offer changed to unconditional should you make Royal Holloway your firm choice. If you are applying for a degree in the Department of Mathematics, instead of a conditional offer, you will receive a revised offer requiring grade A in A-level Maths.

This is usually outlined in your offer letter, but if you have any questions, you are welcome to get in touch with our Admissions team by email at [email protected] or by phone at +44 (0)1784 414944.

Susana :smile:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by fathima_
hi i was just wondering how long will it take for an offer to come for computer science

Hi fathima_,

We've recently received a large volume of applications and as we approach the Christmas period, it may take up to four weeks to receive notification of a decision from when your application has been submitted. Our Admissions team is continuing to process all applications and we appreciate your patience.

Please let me know if there are any questions I can answer for you in the meantime.

Reply 82
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hi DBU-3,

My apologies that it's taken a while to get this information for you.

After speaking with the department and our Careers and Employability Services team, I can confirm that 100% of the 2017 graduates of BSc Economics and Management were in graduate level work or study six months after graduating (DLHE). Additionally, those in further study did Finance related masters courses and the majority of those in work were in Consulting or Financial Services.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thank you for your reply, that helps alot!
Just got an offer from RHUL for Politics! Buzzing for next year!
Reply 84
What course will you be applying for? Biology (I recieved my conditional offer today)
How are you feeling about starting uni? Not prepared at all
Are you planning on attending an Open Day or have you already been to one? I attended a taster course not an open day. I am considering attending the Applicant open day, however, it will be great to hear more information about what I should be expecting from the applicant open day as well as roughly when it will happen.
Original post by 6085
What course will you be applying for? Biology (I recieved my conditional offer today)
How are you feeling about starting uni? Not prepared at all
Are you planning on attending an Open Day or have you already been to one? I attended a taster course not an open day. I am considering attending the Applicant open day, however, it will be great to hear more information about what I should be expecting from the applicant open day as well as roughly when it will happen.

Hi 6085,

Congratulations on your offer!

Our Applicant Visit Days are a great way to get a feel of life at Royal Holloway. There are hands-on taster sessions with your department, opportunities to explore the campus with campus and accommodation tours and a chance to chat to current students. You should be receiving an invitation in your email with all the information, so keep a look out for this!

If you have any questions, please feel free to put your question in this thread or send me a PM.

Hi everyone,

A little festive notice: Royal Holloway will be closed from Saturday 22 December to Tuesday 1 January inclusive. Any questions will be picked up when the College opens on Wednesday 2 January.

We wish you all a happy holiday season!

Reply 87
Hi,:smile:
I applied for RHUL about a week ago and was wondering why i still haven't had any response from the school.
My friend applied for the same course after me and got a email notifying that they received the application.
I'm just a little worried.
Original post by W-123
Hi,:smile:
I applied for RHUL about a week ago and was wondering why i still haven't had any response from the school.
My friend applied for the same course after me and got a email notifying that they received the application.
I'm just a little worried.

Check your spam box as I had the same thought but then my portal login was in my spam :smile:
I know I'm not gonna get in but 🤷🏽*♀️🤷🏽*♀️ so annoyed I sent off my application now as opposed to earlier, I'm guessing they don't reply over the Christmas period? So impatient 😬
Reply 90
Original post by CPS23
Check your spam box as I had the same thought but then my portal login was in my spam :smile:

OMG thank you just found it.
Hi, I recently applied to a biomedical science course and got an offer (yay!!). however, on UCAS track its stated as a conditional offer, although on the letter it was stated that "should you decide to make Royal Holloway your firm choice, we would be delighted to offer you an unconditional place." . how can i make sure that this is official and that it won't be written off as a conditional offer (as it's called on UCAS track)
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 92
Original post by oliv_kuzz
Hi, I recently applied to a biomedical science course and got an offer (yay!!). however, on UCAS track its stated as a conditional offer, although on the letter it was stated that "should you decide to make Royal Holloway your firm choice, we would be delighted to offer you an unconditional place." . how can i make sure that this is official and that it won't be written off as a conditional offer (as it's called on UCAS track)

It should also say this on UCAS track or in an email (not as your actual offer yet, but when you click on it and it says more details about your offer).
I got an unconditional offer to study Philosophy, Politics and Economics, I haven't yet been able to visit the university, I'm hoping to visit for the January applicant visitor day, I was wondering whether there are any debate, diplomat or philosophy societies?
Original post by 6085
Hi Susana,

I hope you are enjoying your break.
Is it possible to bring someone along with me to the applicant open day? On the timetable it has a guest section, however, I didn't see anywhere that it clearly states I am allowed to get someone with me.

I took my best friend with me to my applicant day because she’s taking a gap and considering applying so yeah you can. She just waited for me outside the lecture hall.
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience and I hope you've enjoyed the holiday season! I've responded to your questions below, but as always, please just let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Original post by dartagnankillian
I know I'm not gonna get in but 🤷🏽*♀️🤷🏽*♀️ so annoyed I sent off my application now as opposed to earlier, I'm guessing they don't reply over the Christmas period? So impatient 😬

Hi dartagnankillian,

The College has opened today after being closed for the Christmas period and our Admissions team will continue to process applications. If you have any questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Original post by oliv_kuzz

Hi oliv_kuzz,

If you still require assistance, please feel free to PM to discuss your offer conditions.

Original post by Elenrosemary
I got an unconditional offer to study Philosophy, Politics and Economics, I haven't yet been able to visit the university, I'm hoping to visit for the January applicant visitor day, I was wondering whether there are any debate, diplomat or philosophy societies?

Hi Elenrosemary,

We have over 140 clubs and societies on campus including a Debating society, Diplomatic society, Philosophy society and PIR: Politics and International Relations society. Our Applicant Visit Days are a great opportunity to explore some of our clubs and societies with a few of them giving taster sessions during the day.

Original post by 6085
Hi Susana,

I hope you are enjoying your break.
Is it possible to bring someone along with me to the applicant open day? On the timetable it has a guest section, however, I didn't see anywhere that it clearly states I am allowed to get someone with me.

Hi 6085,

You are more than welcome to bring guests with you to our Applicant Visit Days. Due to limited seating, some talks and activities may be for applicants only, but there are plenty of cafes that your guests can relax at while waiting in addition to the number of stands we have for Admissions, Finance and Study Abroad.
Hi,
I was just wondering, do royal Holloway offer a unconditional upgrade scheme?
Thanks!
Original post by katie091000
Hi,
I was just wondering, do royal Holloway offer a unconditional upgrade scheme?
Thanks!

Hi katie091000,

We do have an Academic Excellence Scheme which requires you to demonstrate a record of outstanding academic achievement including high grades for GCSEs or a predicted high grade for the IB Diploma.

If you meet these requirements, you'll be made a conditional offer once we've received your application and you'll then have the opportunity to have this offer changed to unconditional if you make Royal Holloway your firm choice.

The full information for the 2019 Academic Excellence Scheme can be found here.

I received an offer about two weeks ago and still haven't received an invitation to an Applicant Visit Day? How come?
Original post by CPS23
I received an offer about two weeks ago and still haven't received an invitation to an Applicant Visit Day? How come?

Hi CPS23,

If you PM me your email and UCAS ID, I can take a look into this for you.

Quick Reply