The Student Room Group

Trouble choosing

Hi, I am choosing what course to go with for the 2019 entry and im stuck between Computer Science and Computer engineering (mix of electronic eng. and computer science). I have no clue which one of these courses I should choose. I like electronics but I am afraid that choosing computer eng over computer science would hurt my job prospects, so I figured id come ask here : How is computer engineering viewed in terms of employability? Is it basically the same as computer science or does it close some doors? If I went for computer science Id like to specialize in AI, whats the employability of that? Is Computer science 'more flexible'? Sorry if these are kinda stupid questions but I need to decide pretty soon as my choice of Unis depends on which course I choose.
Hi, I am choosing what course to go with for the 2019 entry and im stuck between Computer Science and Computer engineering (mix of electronic eng. and computer science). I have no clue which one of these courses I should choose. I like electronics but I am afraid that choosing computer eng over computer science would hurt my job prospects, so I figured id come ask here : How is computer engineering viewed in terms of employability? Is it basically the same as computer science or does it close some doors? If I went for computer science Id like to specialize in AI, whats the employability of that? Is Computer science 'more flexible'? Sorry if these are kinda stupid questions but I need to decide pretty soon as my choice of Unis depends on which course I choose.
Computer science has one of the worst records for graduate employment. It’s so poor that the government commissioned two independent studies into why graduates are so likely to be unemployed (10% iirr).

Engineering focused courses (either electronics or software engineering) are much more likely to have more practical experience.
Reply 3
Original post by hmveryinterest

Pick the course that actually interests you the most. Either is fine career-wise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
Pick the course that actually interests you the most. Either is fine career-wise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thing is I am unsure about which one interests me more. I am interested in electronics, computer hardware etc but I am also interested in math and from what ive heard computer science has more math in it
Reply 5
Original post by hmveryinterest
Thing is I am unsure about which one interests me more. I am interested in electronics, computer hardware etc but I am also interested in math and from what ive heard computer science has more math in it

There's plenty of maths in EEE.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending