The Student Room Group

I missed my quiz deadline which was due today but the time was never specified?

I was waiting till the end to use up all the time I had to finish revising for the quiz so I could do well in it (I realise I shouldn't have waited until the absolute end). Only the date of the deadline was specified and not the time, so I thought I had the whole day to prepare and finish in the evening. But when I click the tab to start the quiz, the page specifies the deadline time to be 5 pm?? It wasn't specified in the emails nor in the assignment page, only when you click the quiz to START it does it say. The quiz holds substantial weight to the module and I've emailed the professor, but it's quite late already and I don't know what will happen.
Reply 1
Original post by hostertully
I was waiting till the end to use up all the time I had to finish revising for the quiz so I could do well in it (I realise I shouldn't have waited until the absolute end). Only the date of the deadline was specified and not the time, so I thought I had the whole day to prepare and finish in the evening. But when I click the tab to start the quiz, the page specifies the deadline time to be 5 pm?? It wasn't specified in the emails nor in the assignment page, only when you click the quiz to START it does it say. The quiz holds substantial weight to the module and I've emailed the professor, but it's quite late already and I don't know what will happen.

Are you sure you didn't miss it on Moodle or the lecture slides? It's a bit strange that the deadline time is completely missing and that you were automatically from participating without any indication that it was due at 5pm.

If it was missing then you may be able to get an extension, as would everyone on the course. Otherwise it's a mistake on your part and you'll get 0 for the quiz.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
Are you sure you didn't miss it on Moodle or the lecture slides? It's a bit strange that the deadline time is completely missing and that you were automatically from participating without any indication that it was due at 5pm.

If it was missing then you may be able to get an extension, as would everyone on the course. Otherwise it's a mistake on your part and you'll get 0 for the quiz.

The time is completely missing, I have a picture of the email and the assignment page even. But the thing is, since the deadline's already passed, I'm scared they won't let me access the quiz. I've sent my professor 2 email but since it's the holidays, I doubt they will check immediately...
Original post by hostertully
The time is completely missing, I have a picture of the email and the assignment page even. But the thing is, since the deadline's already passed, I'm scared they won't let me access the quiz. I've sent my professor 2 email but since it's the holidays, I doubt they will check immediately...

If it's there fault, then they should let you do it again, but I would prepare for the worst. Which is you will need to do extremely well in remaining assessments in that module to pass overall or get another opportunity to do the quiz but capped at a certain grade.
Hey @hostertully

Did you attend the classes of the relevant module? I know some tutors who have handed out deadline dates in the class and don't necessarily always put them up. Get in touch with your module leader ASAP if possible, as well as student officers to get a handle on the situation.

Hopefully things will resolve if you can prove that the deadline wasn't given to you.

Best of luck & happy holidays
Josh :smile:
Eh I would think it stands to reason it wouldn't be midnight. Every deadline I had at uni was 4pm so it was never specified. Did you attwnd all lectures? Maybe they told you then. You'll just have to wait and see what the lecturer says. They might give you another chance.
Reply 6
Original post by doodle_333
Eh I would think it stands to reason it wouldn't be midnight. Every deadline I had at uni was 4pm so it was never specified. Did you attwnd all lectures? Maybe they told you then. You'll just have to wait and see what the lecturer says. They might give you another chance.

The time was always specified for other modules. Some were 5 pm, others at 12pm, others at 23:55pm. I didn't attend all the lectures, but my friends who did never specified a time. I did watch over all the lecture casts, and I know that the time was never specified in any of the lectures. I am just hoping that my professor (also the module leader) replies soon. He's a nice person in real life, but I haven't interacted much with him in real life so I don't know if he'll sympathise with me.
Reply 7
Is it a component that you need to pass?

I’n my course if we have any coursework or tests they are something we need to get 35% in or we have to resit.
Reply 8
Original post by Bio 7
Is it a component that you need to pass?

I’n my course if we have any coursework or tests they are something we need to get 35% in or we have to resit.

Yeah, it was an important quiz. I got his reply and I got an extension :smile:. I just finished off my quiz. I've learnt from this experience and hopefully shouldn't happen again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending