The Student Room Group

Do people get bullied at uni?

Do people get bullied at university? I am just curious because I have been bullied at primary, secondary and college
it's normal , i got a normal computer but it's works good with me but few student shows money power with computer or others goods.
I just use some words and it's working for long time, you can use some tactics and word's Which will stop bulling.
People are bullied in many contexts; it’s possible to be bullied in your workplace. However, I think it’s much less common at uni than at school.
There was that major scandal at Warwick university about those guys who hates Muslims and Blacks and wanted to rape some white girl, so yes it happens obviously.
Original post by hiroktherock
it's normal , i got a normal computer but it's works good with me but few student shows money power with computer or others goods.
I just use some words and it's working for long time, you can use some tactics and word's Which will stop bulling.

Is this English?
Original post by muthalganesan18
Is this English?

Reading his other posts, it looks as if English is his second language, but I get what he means,
Original post by Seamus123
Reading his other posts, it looks as if English is his second language, but I get what he means,

What on earth does that post mean?
Original post by Anonymous
Do people get bullied at university? I am just curious because I have been bullied at primary, secondary and college

If you are feeling worried about bullying at uni, you just need to make sure that you are aware of how to go about dealing with it, reporting it and getting support. Don’t let it stop you from going though.
Some universities are better at others when dealing with bullying, just like schools and the workplace, but the Warwick one was a more extreme example.
Never mind uni, people get bullied at work.
People get bullied in every single walk of life, though it is more rife in school, and to a lesser extent in college and university.
Original post by Anonymous

It's possible. Unfortunately people can be bullied anywhere even as an adult. I like to think it's less common at uni cos people have grown up a bit and are more able to understand the consequences of their actions and you're not as stuck with people who you might not be keen on since you don't have set break and lunch times all in the same place.

I wish I could tell you that I'm sure you won't be bullied, but I can't. I hope you won't and I don't think it will be as likely as it would be at school, but you still could be. If you are, please don't just accept it. Tell them that they are being mean and to stop. Sometimes people don't understand that they are really upsetting somebody so just telling them can help. If they don't stop then tell your uni or even other class mates. A good thing about uni is that people are more grown up and even though that doesn't stop all bullies it does mean that a lot of people are more willing and able to stand up for people who are being bullied.

I hope that helps and that you have a good time at uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending