The Student Room Group

Growing chin hair :(

I’ve been growing chin hair for about over a year now , it grows every 2 days and I literally sit there and thread for hours :frown: . I’ve been growing excessive hair and it’s making me so insecure. I’m contemplating on breaking up with my boyfriend because although I can easily thread it , it leaves DARK patches , which shows that there was hair growing and the dark patches alone make me look like I have a beard and sometimes I can feel my boyfriend and friends staring at it . Even today , my dad asked me why my chin was so dark and asked me if there’s hair growing . I feel so insecure I just wanna lay in bed and cry forever because I don’t know how to get rid of this . I tried using lemon to lighten the dark patches but it’s not working :frown:
Original post by Leilakayx
I’ve been growing chin hair for about over a year now , it grows every 2 days and I literally sit there and thread for hours :frown: . I’ve been growing excessive hair and it’s making me so insecure. I’m contemplating on breaking up with my boyfriend because although I can easily thread it , it leaves DARK patches , which shows that there was hair growing and the dark patches alone make me look like I have a beard and sometimes I can feel my boyfriend and friends staring at it . Even today , my dad asked me why my chin was so dark and asked me if there’s hair growing . I feel so insecure I just wanna lay in bed and cry forever because I don’t know how to get rid of this . I tried using lemon to lighten the dark patches but it’s not working :frown:

First of all, are you sure this isn't a symptom of PCOS?

Buy an IPL from Boots and that will work over several weeks

use hair removal cream, it wont grow back for a while and when it does, do it again
laser hair removal
Reply 4
I think it is PCOS however I’m too embarrassed to even go to the Gp , what do I take as in medicine?
Reply 5
how long have you been with your boyfriend? surely he got with you knowing about your chin hair, so he must find you attractive despite all that. in that respect i think you're worrying about nothing, but i understand feeling self conscious about it. yes go see your GP!
I think it is PCOS however I’m too embarrassed to even go to the Gp , what do I take as in medicine?

you CANNOT be too embarrassed to go to a doctor about it! PCOS is very common and doctors are very used to it. Please ask to see a female doctor if it makes you feel more comfortable. I'm not sure about treatment
Reply 7
So, see your GP, there's nothing to be embarrassed about and this is nothing new to a GP and is routine stuff which they can help with. Lots of very feminine girls have some facial hair.
(edited 5 years ago)

You dont, there is no treatment for PCOS apart from hormonal contraceptive and that is only to make the symptom of period irregularity improve

Original post by squeakysquirrel

You deffo have PCOS and need to take medication which will get rid of it.)

Do you actually know anything about PCOS, it's incurable and there is no 'medication' for it, OP also doesnt 'deffo' have it until the hospital has done an ultrasound and taken a blood test
OP it is worth going to the GP just so you know what's going on at least, tell them your symptoms and they should refer you to a hospital where they will do a blood test (to look for hormonal abnormalities) and perform an ultrasound of your ovaries (despite the name pcos isnt actual cysts - rather a collection of unfertilised eggs in your ovary which they can see on the ultrasound). If you have an external ultrasound make sure you drink lots of water before hand because your bladder will move out of the way when its full which allows them to see your ovaries.
If you have identifiable PCOS ovaries and the blood tests come back positive then they will diagnose you. Unfortunately there is not a whole lot that can be done about it and doctors will not perform a hysterectomy on someone of child bearing age for PCOS. You can take birth control if your periods are irregular and this should help to even them out, remember there are different types of pill so if one isnt agreeing with you switch to another.
There is not much that can be done about the body hair apart from traditional hair removal methods like cream and shaving, there is no magic pill that takes it away unfortunately. The excess hair is because females with PCOS produce too much testosterone so we grow hair in a male pattern often e.g on the face and stomach.
Doctor can give you advice about weight and diet if this is something that you struggle with (pcos causes weight gain and insulin resistance so there is a high risk of diabetes)
Good luck, PCOS is a ******* to live with
Reply 10
Beauty comes from your heart and not your body appearance.Remember if your boyfriend likes you for the person you are then I would not break up with him. Many years ago I knew a girl in eight grade that I sat next to. One day after school we walked into the woods and started to kiss. I noticed she has a female mustache and female beard. I stilled kissed her. I asked her if I could kiss or suck her chin. She said alright, so I sucked her chin.We both enjoyed the tickle feel of me sucking her chin.I touched her female mustache and female beard with my fingers. I told her I was going to call it female mustache and female beard. She told me that was alright.I asked her if she grew her female mustache and female beard for me. She said sure.We went back to kissing and having fun. We dated through out high school. We then went our separate ways. About twenty five years later at our high school reunion we meet up again. We started talking and found out we were both single. We ate, danced the night away, and talked. After the reunion she came back with me to my home.We got back into home and started to talk. We had a few drinks that night and started to kiss. Everything came right back to us in high school. We kissed and I asked her if she remember me kissing or sucking her chin. She said yes, so I kissed and sucked her chin and the tickle feeling came back.I touched and said female mustache and touched and said female beard. We smiled and kept kissing. I asked her if she still shaved her face like once a week. She said she shaves her face like three times a week. I told her to keep shaving because she has a lot more peach fuzz then in high school and I liked it. She now rocks her female mustache and beard. You can have a lot of fun with a real natural lady. I hope this is helpful. Thank you, R.T.T.
(edited 5 years ago)

Oh for Gods sake - "embarrassed to go to the GP" . What do you think GPs do all day - file their nails? What is the GP for.....
I use the JML Finishing Touch Flawless facial hair removal system. It's a shaver, and it helps defuzz the hair, otherwise as others have recommend maybe if its really dark and high maintenance go the laser hair removal. Investing in your own might be a way forward than going back and forth to a salon. (idk how old you are - think about how much these treatments are or "solutions" are for you!) _ I guess tweezering is a laborious task to consider - avoiding the over-plucking drama. Good luck
you might have polycystic ovary syndrome
al post by CoolCavy)OP it is worth going to the GP just so you know what's going on at least, tell them your symptoms and they should refer you to a hospital where they will do a blood test (to look for hormonal abnormalities) and perform an ultrasound of your ovaries (despite the name pcos isnt actual cysts - rather a collection of unfertilised eggs in your ovary which they can see on the ultrasound). If you have an external ultrasound make sure you drink lots of water before hand because your bladder will move out of the way when its full which allows them to see your ovaries.
If you have identifiable PCOS ovaries and the blood tests come back positive then they will diagnose you. Unfortunately there is not a whole lot that can be done about it and doctors will not perform a hysterectomy on someone of child bearing age for PCOS. You can take birth control if your periods are irregular and this should help to even them out, remember there are different types of pill so if one isnt agreeing with you switch to another.
There is not much that can be done about the body hair apart from traditional hair removal methods like cream and shaving, there is no magic pill that takes it away unfortunately. The excess hair is because females with PCOS produce too much testosterone so we grow hair in a male pattern often e.g on the face and stomach.
Doctor can give you advice about weight and diet if this is something that you struggle with (pcos causes weight gain and insulin resistance so there is a high risk of diabetes)
Good luck, PCOS is a ******* to live with

Don't shave! It'll make hair grow more out of control than it is. Try No, no, a hair remover from the root.

Quick Reply

Latest