The Student Room Group

LEVEL 3 BUSINESS BTEC UNIT 6 (Principles of Management) January 2019

What is going on ? whats this what are we doing why when how

Any professionals give us a structure to work on

Human Resources

@arlind1x
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Wow, im actually so happy the unit 6 exam just got released dont make this viral the question is about mayonnaise theory.
Reply 2
Original post by Unit 6Exminer999
Wow, im actually so happy the unit 6 exam just got released dont make this viral the question is about mayonnaise theory.

Wow i am so shocked u got it download.jpg
Capture.PNG

breaking news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
wow all that mayo gone to waste
Reply 5
So happy that the case study is on Mayo Theory.
Hi can we all share snapchats and have a group chat about how to do this exam because i need help
Snapchat - a1exgr4ay06
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
the company you will be talking about is called Anvil Cloud ltd. it is a IT business that has issues with retaining its workforce. research RECRUITMENT on this. you need to state why the employees are leaving the company i.e. ( because of *****y wages and lack of experience or the fact that they are not MOTIVATED enough).research motivational theories, not just Mayo. after that, you will make a PLAN for them NOT to leave the company i.e. talk about how Anvil needs to focus on a management style which is engaging to the workforce: relate this to Google because google does this and talk about the advantages it could give to Anvil i.e. which will help it NOT lose out on its workforce. The reason why you need to talk about Google is cuz its in the exam brief, thus indicating that you will need to INFER to it or you will lose out on marks.

hope it helped.
what is part b in the exam??
Reply 9
Original post by student227
what is part b in the exam??

Part B would be like....

Activity1

"with reference to the information and data in the Part A set task information, you are to prepare a report for your manager.
your report should:
* show your understanding of how motivational theories and recruitment helps retain the workforce in Anvil Cloud....
* make recommendations about the appropriate ways Anvil can retain its workforce and how they can use different motivtional theories to retain its workforce.....

Activity 2 will be to make presentations. my advice will be to...
* use brief information on the slides like statements about what you are recommending , then explain further in the SPEAKER NOTES SECTION which is below the presentations.
maximum of 4 slides will do but to gain the good marks, use business terminology...
thank you this really helps could you pls give some points for what sort of issues Anvil Cloud are dealing with and the recommendations for each issues. thank you
for each issue do i have to add advantages and disadvantages for it and then give a recommendation. or is it only in the presentation where I should only give recommendations
for each issue do i have to add advantages and disadvantages for it and then give a recommendation. or is it only in the presentation where I should only give recommendations

file:///C:/Users/user/Documents/ANVIL-JANUARY-2019.pdf

this link shows you EVERYTHING about anvil and its issues and the stuff and structure that you will need to consider. its all in here but im not sure if the link will work, it should but it if doesn't let me know....
thank you this really helps could you pls give some points for what sort of issues Anvil Cloud are dealing with and the recommendations for each issues. thank you

the issues they are dealing with is that they cant seem to retain their workforce. an example would be if you look at the exam breif given to you, on pg 7, there is a table of info about staff turnover at anvil. staff turnover is the amount of employees that are leaving from the company. this is bad for anvil cuz employees leaving will not benefit the biz. if you look at the last 'job role' in the table, its interns. the staff turnover for interns is 100%. what does that say to you? it means that ALL the interns (who are young and are trying to start to find a job at anvil are LEAVING. why is this bad? Anvil is losing out on its future employees who would have been more skilled to work for the company given that the company had given them all of its training, thus losing out on them is not doing anvil any favour bcuz anvil has spend time, effort and money to keep them, but, they are now all leaving. Recomendations. Anvil should change the way they motivate their interns. how? financial motivators, which means the young interns would like the idea of being paid a good salary thus finding it worthwhile to work for anvil. in terms of nonfinancial motivators, anvil can provide them with incentives such as free bus passes i.e. travel expense, free meals.

the way you should then COMPARE to Google is by talking about how google has the ability to provide all these incentives to their employees which means that their ability to retain employees is exceptional. then link this to Google's democratic structure and tlk about how it gives their employees freedom which makes them want to work for google and how anvil should follow their example.

in terms of your second comment.....

yes do talk about the advantages because there are some to tlk about such as how anvil has "open and flexible workspace" this is stated in the breif. furthermore, talk about about open spaces give employees freedom to move around and not feel constricted in one area. also it gives them ability to cross-work with other groups which in turn benefits anvil because their creativity will boom and more profits can be made becuase their ideas will be liked by customers.

when tlking about the disadvantages, always tlk about recommenations cuz it will send u into band 3 and 4. in the presentations, you can still tlk about disadvantages but dont waffle. choose a disadvantage to tlk about that has NOT been mentioned before. do the same for an advantage you may find.

hope it helped. my dinners gone cold.
Original post by N.S-coll

this link shows you EVERYTHING about anvil and its issues and the stuff and structure that you will need to consider. its all in here but im not sure if the link will work, it should but it if doesn't let me know....

the link does not work
the issues they are dealing with is that they cant seem to retain their workforce. an example would be if you look at the exam breif given to you, on pg 7, there is a table of info about staff turnover at anvil. staff turnover is the amount of employees that are leaving from the company. this is bad for anvil cuz employees leaving will not benefit the biz. if you look at the last 'job role' in the table, its interns. the staff turnover for interns is 100%. what does that say to you? it means that ALL the interns (who are young and are trying to start to find a job at anvil are LEAVING. why is this bad? Anvil is losing out on its future employees who would have been more skilled to work for the company given that the company had given them all of its training, thus losing out on them is not doing anvil any favour bcuz anvil has spend time, effort and money to keep them, but, they are now all leaving. Recomendations. Anvil should change the way they motivate their interns. how? financial motivators, which means the young interns would like the idea of being paid a good salary thus finding it worthwhile to work for anvil. in terms of nonfinancial motivators, anvil can provide them with incentives such as free bus passes i.e. travel expense, free meals.

the way you should then COMPARE to Google is by talking about how google has the ability to provide all these incentives to their employees which means that their ability to retain employees is exceptional. then link this to Google's democratic structure and tlk about how it gives their employees freedom which makes them want to work for google and how anvil should follow their example.

in terms of your second comment.....

yes do talk about the advantages because there are some to tlk about such as how anvil has "open and flexible workspace" this is stated in the breif. furthermore, talk about about open spaces give employees freedom to move around and not feel constricted in one area. also it gives them ability to cross-work with other groups which in turn benefits anvil because their creativity will boom and more profits can be made becuase their ideas will be liked by customers.

when tlking about the disadvantages, always tlk about recommenations cuz it will send u into band 3 and 4. in the presentations, you can still tlk about disadvantages but dont waffle. choose a disadvantage to tlk about that has NOT been mentioned before. do the same for an advantage you may find.

hope it helped. my dinners gone cold.

u sir are a genius
could you put the document on the link here, cuz it doesn't work
could yu pls attach the document here the link doesn't work

hav yu done a draft version of the report
could yu pls attach the document here the link doesn't work

if u are ok with giving me an email of some sort i could send it to you. do you have onenote? also, try it on a laptop if you have google chrome..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending