The Student Room Group

Ella’s Grow your grades beginning jan 2019!

Hi, I doubt many people will see this however I have decided that I am going to start my own grow your grades thread 😊

In order for people to understand me here’s a little bit of background:
•I am a 16 year old girl currently living in Devon
•The courses I am studying are A level Biology, Applied psychology and Btec Certificate in I.T

After (hopefully) completing these A levels I hope to go to university to do Paramedic Science and then go on to become a paramedic🤩

My GCSE examination results:
A*-level 2 performing arts(dance) award
6-Biology
6-Geography
5-physical education
5-Maths
5-Chemistry
5-Religious Studies
4-Physics
4-English Language
4-English Literature

I hope that by doing this it will be a way for me to help others and myself by giving me the motivation and encouragement to succeed as I unfortunately did not revise for my GCSES which I really regret.

I hope this can help as many people as possible :smile:

I will keep this updated as much as I can 😁💗

Thank you for taking the time to read this and hope you all have a wonderful new year!🥳

-Ella, 27th December 2018
Well done on your GCSEs! Good luck and, most importantly, have fun doing your A Levels!
Reply 2
Original post by unknown_hipster
Well done on your GCSEs! Good luck and, most importantly, have fun doing your A Levels!

Thank you!!
Reply 3
Hi all new update!

With my first AS level mock exams coming up week beginning 14th January, I decided it’s time to start cracking down and doing ACTUAL revision!!

So to start with I have decided that today’s revision session was going to be about biology! I hadn’t decided an individual topic and decided hat since I am at work this evening it would just be easier to bring along my workbook! 91EF6C0A-4F50-4F9A-965D-D0F26305969E.jpg.jpeg

However, by not picking an actual topic or subtopic I wanted to revise and just simply ‘doing what I can’ from the book I soon figured why exam timetables of specific topics is much better than the decision I had made. As I have found from the past 30 minutes I am getting frustrated with myself for not knowing the answers to the questions in this book and am now at a dead end bored to death and annoyed at myself-.-

So here’s a little tip for you all-ALWAYS pick a specific topic you want to revise and not just go in with the mindset of ‘I’ll do what I can’ it’s almost as bad as not rebidding at all and you probably will lose focus very quickly!

Considering I am someone who likes to be organised and have set plans I am angry at myself for having this mad idea! During the GCSE period I had set plans which helped me feel more at ease and less stressed (although I hadn’t really stuck to the plan either it just helped the way I felt).

But if there’s anything for anyone to gain out of this including myself it’s that always create a plan of specific things to revise-even if it’s multiple and stick to it! It’ll feel much better if you aren’t dragging yourself through revision!

Good luck everyone!

Ella-28th January 2018

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending