The Student Room Group

UNIQ Qualifications??

I'm applying for the UNIQ Oxford course and they say you need 7 A*s at GCSE or equivalent to apply and I got 7 if I include the AS I sat a year early? but there's no way to include that? because I got a B and my school said that's equivalent to an 8.88 at GCSE so that takes me up to 7 A* GCSE's but because there isn't an AS option on the drop-down menu I'm ? not sure? what to do?? I emailed them but they're not replying til the third oh no
Reply 1
Original post by peterwalker145
I'm applying for the UNIQ Oxford course and they say you need 7 A*s at GCSE or equivalent to apply and I got 7 if I include the AS I sat a year early? but there's no way to include that? because I got a B and my school said that's equivalent to an 8.88 at GCSE so that takes me up to 7 A* GCSE's but because there isn't an AS option on the drop-down menu I'm ? not sure? what to do?? I emailed them but they're not replying til the third oh no

Equivalent qualifications to GCSEs. If there is no option for AS, it’s probably not equivalent. Confused how you would have 7A*s if you include AS, as you can’t achieve an A* in AS level? Or I’m I misinterpreting this?
Original post by akpo
Equivalent qualifications to GCSEs. If there is no option for AS, it’s probably not equivalent. Confused how you would have 7A*s if you include AS, as you can’t achieve an A* in AS level? Or I’m I misinterpreting this?

I sat my AS in Sociology in the same year/series as the rest of my GCSE's (June 2018) and got a B which is supposedly equal to an 8.88 in the new numbered GCSE grades as my school use it when calculating things based on our GCSE's
Reply 3

I sat my AS in Sociology in the same year/series as the rest of my GCSE's (June 2018) and got a B which is supposedly equal to an 8.88 in the new numbered GCSE grades as my school use it when calculating things based on our GCSE's

AS-levels aren't in any way equivalent to GCSEs. They are asking about GCSEs, not qualifications taken early.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I understand what you are saying - in some schools for example they sat AS level English with other gcses because it pushed pupils more than just the gcse level english - it wasn’t seen as taking something early. so getting a grade A in the AS , they were told to just say they had equivalent of A* English gcse when they were quoting the number of A* for gcse. In a ucas form there was a slot for this qualification but looks like there isn’t here for uniq. Is there anywhere you could write a note on that maybe?
Reply 5
Original post by Hugh's Swan
I understand what you are saying - in some schools for example they sat AS level English with other gcses because it pushed pupils more than just the gcse level english - it wasn’t seen as taking something early. so getting a grade A in the AS , they were told to just say they had equivalent of A* English gcse when they were quoting the number of A* for gcse. In a ucas form there was a slot for this qualification but looks like there isn’t here for uniq. Is there anywhere you could write a note on that maybe?

It's. Not. A. GCSE.
Original post by Doonesbury
It's. Not. A. GCSE.

###
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Hugh's Swan
Argue with North London Collegiate then

I don't have to. If they think different they need to take it up with UNIQ.

UCAS don't consider it equivalent to a GCSE either, for the simple reason it isn't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending