The Student Room Group

Surge and Rapid response team offer

Hi everyone, I have recently applied for a position on the Surge and Rapid response team in Leeds, I went to the interview and received a provisional offer, I was just wondering if anyone knew how long the pre-employment checks take to complete? And also if anyone had any insight on what the job was like and the day to day duties?
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Starburstx
Hi everyone, I have recently applied for a position on the Surge and Rapid response team in Leeds, I went to the interview and received a provisional offer, I was just wondering if anyone knew how long the pre-employment checks take to complete? And also if anyone had any insight on what the job was like and the day to day duties?

Hi when did you receive your offer? I got mines on the 11th of December after interviewing in Cumbernauld and still haven’t heard back about my pre employment checks ☹️
Reply 2
Original post by dtay46
Hi when did you receive your offer? I got mines on the 11th of December after interviewing in Cumbernauld and still haven’t heard back about my pre employment checks ☹️

Hi, I also received my offer on the 11th December, it feels like its taking forever for these checks to be completed! i am literally checking my emails constantly. I will let you know if anything changes :frown:
Reply 3
Hi, I also received my offer on the 11th December, it feels like its taking forever for these checks to be completed! i am literally checking my emails constantly. I will let you know if anything changes :frown:

What are the chances of that! I know it’s so nerve wrecking, like you want to be excited about getting the offer but it’s not officially yours yet 🙈 do you think we will find out this week?
Also, hope you had a good Christmas!
Reply 4
Hey I also received an offer on the 11/12.
Currently work for the civil service right now though and from what I remember the checks can just take awhile I’m afraid
The minimum amount of time is probably 4 weeks
Reply 5
Original post by dtay46
What are the chances of that! I know it’s so nerve wrecking, like you want to be excited about getting the offer but it’s not officially yours yet 🙈 do you think we will find out this week?
Also, hope you had a good Christmas!

I know!! like I want to tell everyone but not until I sign on the dotted line :rolleyes: I hope we do, I just really wanna find out asap now. And yeah my Christmas was great!! how was yours?
Reply 6
Original post by Melbel37
Hey I also received an offer on the 11/12.
Currently work for the civil service right now though and from what I remember the checks can just take awhile I’m afraid
The minimum amount of time is probably 4 weeks

Thanks so much for replying, its good to know what sort of time frame to expect. 4 weeks seems like such a long time but I guess it will be worth it in the end :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by dtay46

Hey, I also recieved my provisional offer on the 11th, also interviewed in Cumbernauld. Have you had any update whatsoever regarding your checks yet?
Reply 8
Original post by ks3005
Hey, I also recieved my provisional offer on the 11th, also interviewed in Cumbernauld. Have you had any update whatsoever regarding your checks yet?

Nah I’ve not had any news as of right now. When did you have an interview ?
Reply 9
So I had a “sort of” update today, got my disclosure through in the post
Hoping that means not too long till I actually hear back from Hmrc
Reply 10
So I had a “sort of” update today, got my disclosure through in the post
Hoping that means not too long till I actually hear back from Hmrc

Ooooh that’s brilliant, have you to fill it out and send it back or has it already been done ?
Reply 11
Original post by dtay46
Nah I’ve not had any news as of right now. When did you have an interview ?

My interview was on the 19th of November
Reply 12
Original post by ks3005
My interview was on the 19th of November

Mines was on the 26th... did you get told when you would be starting in the interview ?
Reply 13
Original post by dtay46
Mines was on the 26th... did you get told when you would be starting in the interview ?

I did ask if i was offered a position, when would the start date likely be, I was told it would be around end of Jan/start of Feb
Reply 14
Original post by ks3005
I did ask if i was offered a position, when would the start date likely be, I was told it would be around end of Jan/start of Feb

Hopefully, feeling so impatient about it
Original post by dtay46
Ooooh that’s brilliant, have you to fill it out and send it back or has it already been done ?

No it’s all been completed, so I’m assuming a copy has been sent to Hmrc too :smile:
Reply 16
Hi so I got an email response from HR regarding my application. They emailed me saying “pre-employment checks commence once the right to work checks have been sufficed and take at least 17 working days.” and my right to work checks were done on the 22nd so hopefully not going to be waiting too long now.
So I got an email today asking for two personal referees, anyone else received that? Atleast this means things are being looked at. Don’t mind the waiting , just want to know a start date really so I can hand in my notice
Reply 18
So I got an email today asking for two personal referees, anyone else received that? Atleast this means things are being looked at. Don’t mind the waiting , just want to know a start date really so I can hand in my notice

nope, still haven't received anything as of yet :frown: I hope we find out soon though because like you said I just want to know when my start date will be :s-smilie:
Reply 19
nope, still haven't received anything as of yet :frown: I hope we find out soon though because like you said I just want to know when my start date will be :s-smilie:

If it makes you feel any better I haven’t heard anything either... starting to feel sick with the anxiety to be honest 😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending