The Student Room Group

Tate00's GYG take 2 - trying to survive A-levels

Scroll to see replies

I'm going to make resolutions just to make myself feel like I've got my life together but I probably won't follow through with them :tongue:
well done for not wasting £25 a month :woo:
Good luck with the revision! :rave:
Reply 61
Original post by nyxnko_
I'm going to make resolutions just to make myself feel like I've got my life together but I probably won't follow through with them :tongue:
well done for not wasting £25 a month :woo:
Good luck with the revision! :rave:

Good luck with your resolutions! I believe you have the power to follow through on them, YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :lol: :rave:
Thanks, for the encouragement, I unfortunately wasn't able to finish everything due to unforeseen circumstances, but I'm making up for it by doing work today x
Original post by Tate00
Good luck with your resolutions! I believe you have the power to follow through on them, YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :lol: :rave:
Thanks, for the encouragement, I unfortunately wasn't able to finish everything due to unforeseen circumstances, but I'm making up for it by doing work today x

I hope so too! :crossedf:
At least you're making up for it :redface:
Reply 63

I'm living my best life!
“Nothing diminishes anxiety faster than action.” - walter anderson

Hello, and happy new year my fellow GYGers! :woo:

I’ve decided to jazz up my blog with some lovely gradients (thanks for the idea @nyxnko_) and by adding a quote (which I lowkey stole from momentum :lol:) to help motivate both myself and the people viewing this blog. Before I start quick question: Do you guys believe in the law of attraction? I’m asking this because I’m starting to believe it could actually be helpful. I’m usually sceptical about these kinds of ideas but, if I think about it, all of 2018 I’ve been thinking negatively, and it’s gotten me nowhere. Ngl, 2018 was arguably the best year of my life, and at that point I’d fixate on everything that was wrong with my life, so why don’t I flip that mindset over? Maybe if I start doing that, good things will come to me

To be honest, I don’t plan on getting any work done today, I’m just gonna allow today to be a day of rest. However, I have been collating images that I plan to put on the vision board I’ve decided to make. This is part of the law of attraction, and I’ve researched that by setting out your goals visually, you’re more likely to subconsciously strive to achieve them. Plus, what’s more encouraging than having everything that you want clear for you to see. I plan to make a digital and physical one. I will place the physical one on my wall opposite my bed so I’m faced with my goals as soon as I wake up. I will but the digital one as my background on my laptop, as extra motivation when doing work. I am gonna put emphasis on my a-level grades, especially since I’ve been lacking motivation.

Anyway, I’m gonna end it here, good luck in the new year ahead! :rave:

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
ooh, love a good gradient :gah:
(i have no idea what the law of attraction is so I can't answer that question :colondollar:)
good luck with changing up your mindset! and have fun on your rest day! (please do share pics of your vision board :yep: i would love to see an example and maybe make one for myself :tongue:)
Reply 65
Original post by nyxnko_
ooh, love a good gradient :gah:
(i have no idea what the law of attraction is so I can't answer that question :colondollar:)
good luck with changing up your mindset! and have fun on your rest day! (please do share pics of your vision board :yep: i would love to see an example and maybe make one for myself :tongue:)

Thanks, I accidedly forgot to tag you like an idiot, I've done it now. I'll make sure to share pics as soon as I'm done (hopefully by the end of the week)
Original post by Tate00
Thanks, I accidedly forgot to tag you like an idiot, I've done it now. I'll make sure to share pics as soon as I'm done (hopefully by the end of the week)

Welp, I got the actual tag so it's okay :lol:
:woo: looking forward to seeing it!
Reply 67
The disappearance of Tate00
“Fall in love with the process and the results will follow.” - Bradley Whitford

Well, I haven’t updated this in a whileeee… so sorry guys (If anyone is still looking for this). So, I’m just gonna give an update of what’s happened in the past month, warts and all.

Starting with some good news today I found out I got into the assessment centre stage of the IBM futures internship! While I haven’t got the placement (yet), I’m still really proud that I’ve got this far, especially since I thought that my initial application/ video interview was awful. Shows that I need to believe in myself more.

Where there’s good news there also has to be bad new unfortunately, I got my mock results back and when I said they were terrible, I mean they were terrible. In maths I got a D overall when I’m supposed to be aiming for an A. I knew I did terrible from when I did the exam, and it was really disheartening considering I sacrificed revision of my other subjects for it. However, I’m not gonna admit defeat just because I didn’t do well this time. I’m committed to get the A I want.

With economics, one went mediocre, the other not so much. If you’ve been reading earlier you know what happened with my second economics paper. I was super ill in the exam which lead me to completely freeze in the exam and not complete it. This led to me getting a B in one paper, and a U in the second. It’s something that I’ve got to live with unfortunately, and I hope that the same thing doesn’t happen in the real thing.

To end on a positive note, after thinking about it further, I’m glad that I decided to take a year out before uni. This is because I’m starting to discover what I actually want from a degree rather than what I think I want, and I know I would’ve regretted my choices. While I still want to do economics, I’ve now realised I DO NOT want to do a straight up economics degree at all. I’vd discovered through my a-levels that I like microeconomics much more than macro, and I’ve decided I’d much rather do an economics degree mixed with business/ finance. I’ve been looking at courses and the Business economics and finance degree at Loughborough caught my eye. I’ll keep you guys posted
Toodles!

Spoiler

welp, there is still time to get your grades up :yes:
glad you're finding what you want to do :hugs:
Reply 69
Original post by nyxnko_
welp, there is still time to get your grades up :yes:
glad you're finding what you want to do :hugs:

Thanks so much for the support, I appreciate it a lot :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest