The Student Room Group

How fast did year 11 go for you?

Right now I’m year 11 and I’m just so desperate for it to end and I can’t wait to finish in May/June when it’s summer and warm! I just can’t wait.
For people who have lived through year 11-did it feel like it went quick or slow to you, because I really want this year to go quick lol😂

Scroll to see replies

It went zoom zoom slow (week before exams) zoooooom
And then the best summer even:gah:
Reply 2
Well of course everyone is different, but I found the first term excruciatingly slow. When I came back in January, it sped up, as you have many interventions and the majority is revision for your exams. I’m hoping it quickens for you. I wanted it to hurry up and it did, by the time I knew it I was sitting in that exam room wishing it actually went slower haha. Good luck.
I blinked and now im suddenly about to do my final year of uni.
definitely the week before/few days before the first exam is so so slow. during exams it goes a lot quicker as you just want to get them over with! try not to finish really early either because then time will go so slow! PM’s are open if you need any support :smile: Good luck! x
It went incredibly fast for me, and I think that's because you have so much going on, like mocks and after school revision. The more you do, the less time you have to think, and it just goes. And then the two years of sixth form went faster than Y11 I thought!
Reply 6
Original post by scarletsalevel
definitely the week before/few days before the first exam is so so slow. during exams it goes a lot quicker as you just want to get them over with! try not to finish really early either because then time will go so slow! PM’s are open if you need any support :smile: Good luck! x

Thankyou for sharing your experience😊 how did you find the pace between now and May when you were in year 11?
Reply 7
Aha well atleast that part went fast. Still 3 months till it’s it’s even March for me. Never mind results day😂
Reply 8
Original post by beachwv
Well of course everyone is different, but I found the first term excruciatingly slow. When I came back in January, it sped up, as you have many interventions and the majority is revision for your exams. I’m hoping it quickens for you. I wanted it to hurry up and it did, by the time I knew it I was sitting in that exam room wishing it actually went slower haha. Good luck.

Aha thankyou for replying. I’ve managed to get through almost half of year 11 thus far. I’m hoping I can hold on till may😂 I’m just so sick and tired of secondary school now, I’m on my 5th year and it’s like ehh I want a new scene nowww, if u get me😂 so u think time from now till May went quick for u then?
Ngl year 11 was kinda mad for me. It was so much fun at times 😂😂
Original post by RichPiana
Ngl year 11 was kinda mad for me. It was so much fun at times 😂😂

I’m glad that you enjoyed it, wish I could say the same. Well it’s not like I hate It, it’s jist that I really want to get on with my future now as yr11s just boring for me right now lol.
So by the sounds of it, do you miss your school days? Or year 11 if you are still in some form of education.
Pretty damn quick, it was full of dumb stuff until the exams
Original post by Flower2617
I’m glad that you enjoyed it, wish I could say the same. Well it’s not like I hate It, it’s jist that I really want to get on with my future now as yr11s just boring for me right now lol.
So by the sounds of it, do you miss your school days? Or year 11 if you are still in some form of education.

I’m at uni now but I do miss school. I’ve never seen some of my mates since they left year 11, and that was all the way back in 2013.
I’m at uni now but I do miss school. I’ve never seen some of my mates since they left year 11, and that was all the way back in 2013.

Damn, I'm in my final year of sixth form, and I don't reckon I'll see most of em. Sad times

So generally speaking do u think people who act all close at school now or the people in “popular” groups who act like bezzies will probably forget about eachotger once year 11s over then? Or drift
Original post by benster789
Damn, I'm in my final year of sixth form, and I don't reckon I'll see most of em. Sad times

Is that because you are all heading separate ways and taking different paths in life now?
Right now I’m year 11 and I’m just so desperate for it to end and I can’t wait to finish in May/June when it’s summer and warm! I just can’t wait.
For people who have lived through year 11-did it feel like it went quick or slow to you, because I really want this year to go quick lol😂

Fast as hell and i wish i could go back. Graduating in 6 months 😰
Original post by benster789

I haven’t seen most of them since I left :frown:

So generally speaking do u think people who act all close at school now or the people in “popular” groups who act like bezzies will probably forget about eachotger once year 11s over then? Or drift

Generally speaking you won’t see a lot of them ever again. There’ll be a few close ones that you’ll remain in contact with and continue to meet, but you probably won’t see the vast majority ever again. Most of your lifetime friends are made at uni.
I haven’t seen most of them since I left :frown:

Generally speaking you won’t see a lot of them ever again. There’ll be a few close ones that you’ll remain in contact with and continue to meet, but you probably won’t see the vast majority ever again. Most of your lifetime friends are made at uni.

Bring on uni! Can’t wait for uni from what it sounds like from other people it will be the best years of my life. I still have 2 years and a half till I would start uni though anyways sigh why do I have to be so young 😂
Bring on uni! Can’t wait for uni from what it sounds like from other people it will be the best years of my life. I still have 2 years and a half till I would start uni though anyways sigh why do I have to be so young 😂

It’s a lot of fun but you also have to be responsible and act like an adult. Adulting is stressful :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest