The Student Room Group

Politics- conservatives

Difference between the new right and one nation conservatism ?
New right see the free market as a rationalist tool fit for human manipulation. One nation conservatives are empiricists and see the free market as a naturally evolving complement to the organic society.

One nation conservatives see superior positions in society as sacred, and a lynchpin of social order. New right see social status as earned through the free market and place no upper-bound on success.

One nation thinks that the successful incur a nobless oblige upon themselves to assist the lesser in society. The New-right think that there is "no such thing as society"

Both like the nuclear family. Go and look the rest up in a textbook or somesh!t. I need a smoke.
Reply 2
Thanks ✌️
Original post by hhneino_x
Thanks ✌️

F^ck off and do your essay!!!! Look up Disraeli and Thatcher if you need theorists for the One-nation and New-right respectively. There are plenty of others though. My fav is Charles Murray (for the New-Right", but he's a cool bro. A surprisingly gentle and discerning man.)
Reply 4
Kk mate but that’s more sociology and I’m doing politics :smile:
Kk mate but that’s more sociology and I’m doing politics :smile:

I find it hard to imagine how dumb one would have to be not to see the parallels between those two subjects.
Reply 6
Aye but when a politics question entitles u to state differences between two conservatism types referencing Charles Murray- even though he was a supporter of New right wouldn’t be a good choice. Charles Murray ya know for his view in the family- which doesn’t relate to politics, does it ?
Aye but when a politics question entitles u to state differences between two conservatism types referencing Charles Murray- even though he was a supporter of New right wouldn’t be a good choice. Charles Murray ya know for his view in the family- which doesn’t relate to politics, does it ?

Charles Murray is an eminent New-Right thinker, and if you don't know how to describe his ideas that inform a political doctrine, then you probably deserve a dreadful grade. Read his stuff and see how far he delves into politics. It's pretty far.
Reply 8
Kk go smoke- cant even have a convo with people like u :smile:
Kk go smoke- cant even have a convo with people like u :smile:

Well, I rarely venture into the special ed class, so you'd probably not had the chance to "have a convo" with me.
Reply 10
Woah insults nice,mature for I’m assuming a +16 year old :/
Woah insults nice,mature for I’m assuming a +16 year old :/

Nice comeback. This is the LeafyisHere thing where you talk about my age. A GROWN woman of 19, insulting a poor victim from the special needs class. A f^cking 19 year old UNIVERSITY student, picking on a lowly and defenceless high-schooler. An actual adult making fun of a stupid tard without the wit to launch a convincing rebuttal.

I don't care how old you are, you're still d^mb 4 ur ag3. T4rd.
Reply 12
Ur one of the weird f*cks aren’t u ? Aha see ya xx
Ur one of the weird f*cks aren’t u ? Aha see ya xx

Yes. Go and **** yourself anyway.
Reply 14
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest