The Student Room Group

Passing Grade for IGCSE

I finally looked at my IGCSE results and I failed 3 subjects, Math D, Physics D, and Art F. What does this mean? I had mostly Bs for all other subjects. Will I have to retake my Math and physics exams? I can't really afford to retake another year of IGCSE because we are moving in 2 years. Any advice?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by PBStudent2000
I finally looked at my IGCSE results and I failed 3 subjects, Math D, Physics D, and Art F. What does this mean? I had mostly Bs for all other subjects. Will I have to retake my Math and physics exams? I can't really afford to retake another year of IGCSE because we are moving in 2 years. Any advice?

You haven't failed. D's are passes. But I understand why you think that. If you want to go to uni it's worth having at least a C as most unis look for that.

What do you think?
Reply 2
Original post by PBStudent2000

If you plan on to go to university in the future, grade C which is 4/5 in the new GCSE's in required in GCSE Maths and English typically.
Reply 3
Original post by She-Ra
You haven't failed. D's are passes. But I understand why you think that. If you want to go to uni it's worth having at least a C as most unis look for that.

What do you think?

is grade G a pass
Original post by kohlsss
is grade G a pass

above a U is recognised as a pass, however, if it's for college/ uni apps they'll probably want to see a C or above depending on course/ criteria
Reply 5
HiI recently wrote IGCSE examI took 5 subjectAnd I failed in 1 out of 5 Do they issue certificate for the 4 subject I passed or not
Original post by Muhammd
HiI recently wrote IGCSE examI took 5 subjectAnd I failed in 1 out of 5 Do they issue certificate for the 4 subject I passed or not

There's no point in commenting on a year old thread, it's not like the posters are gonna respond. You're better off making a new thread for your query
Original post by Muhammd

Yes, you will get a certificate for the subjects you passed C or above
Reply 8
Reply 9
Waht if I get in 5 subject aas following grad
E
E
G
G
U
Will they issue certificate for the 4 subject I got above grade G
It doesn't depends on how many c you get if you got higher than u it's pass for example I called British council Dubai they said I will get a certificate for all subjects as in the oct/Nov 2018 series I got 3 f and c, E, d
Original post by Muhammd
Waht if I get in 5 subject aas following grad
E
E
G
G
U
Will they issue certificate for the 4 subject I got above grade G

Yes I believe they will as they said on IGCSE centre.com that any grade above u is pass and for the subjects in which you passed you will get the certificate
Reply 12
in my school D is a fail i got 1 C and 3 Ds i mean they aren't perfect🤔
Reply 13
I got 18 points but i don't know if i should include the oral grade.
Reply 14
What about the oral grade is it also included?

Quick Reply

Latest