The Student Room Group

What Tea do you drink?

I find the English Breakfast too bland, I would probably go with lapsang souchong, its smoky taste is 👌

Scroll to see replies

Oh really? I lurve breakfast tea, no sugar (which I assume you would find extra bland hehe). It's definitely my favourite! and then my other go to teas are green, raspberry leaf, mixed berry tea, ginger, and skin or liver detox (holland and barratt).
Green Tea from Twinings
Tea, Earl Grey, hot.
Black tea, no sugar and usually no milk, Tetley
i only drink artificial tea

Spoiler

https://i.imgur.com/GI85gMf.gif?noredirect
(Original post by Dulce_et _utile)Black tea, no sugar and usually no milk, Tetley

Ooohh black tea, hardcore.
Original post by lavender_rose
(Original post by Dulce_et _utile)Black tea, no sugar and usually no milk, Tetley

Ooohh black tea, hardcore.

It's nice, and in summer I add lemon/lime juice, some ice and drink it cold :colone:
Original post by Dulce_et _utile
It's nice, and in summer I add lemon/lime juice, some ice and drink it cold :colone:

Ooohhh okay, that's a new spin on it. I have never tried iced tea but I feel like the reason I love tea so much is the warmth it gives me.
Original post by lavender_rose
Ooohhh okay, that's a new spin on it. I have never tried iced tea but I feel like the reason I love tea so much is the warmth it gives me.

I agree about the warmth, but not in summer, too hot and humid where I live :smile:
Original post by Oneiropólos
I find the English Breakfast too bland, I would probably go with lapsang souchong, its smoky taste is 👌

I am on my break now and I am drinking tea and then this forum popped up :lol:.
In like 50min I am going to drink green tea.
Reply 12
Glad to see no noncey "hipster" teas here.

Yorkshire tea for me, builders strength, milk 1 sugar.
None. I hate tea.
Original post by xDron3
Glad to see no noncey "hipster" teas here.

Yorkshire tea for me, builders strength, milk 1 sugar.

Out of interest, what would you define to be a "hipster" tea?
I’m always drinking either Earl Grey or Ceylon!! I love tea.
Whenever I drink tea, I usually drink Tetley with 1.5 sugars and a bit of evaporated milk (tea tastes MUCH better than if I had added normal milk).

A few weeks ago, I bought a box of Lidl’s Gold Blend Tea to try. It’s quite nice and can be compared to Tetley. With the Lidl tea, I also have 1.5 sugars and a bit of evaporated milk.
Original post by FantasticMsFox
Whenever I drink tea, I usually drink Tetley with 1.5 sugars and a bit of evaporated milk (tea tastes MUCH better than if I had added normal milk).

A few weeks ago, I bought a box of Lidl’s Gold Blend Tea to try. It’s quite nice and can be compared to Tetley. With the Lidl tea, I also have 1.5 sugars and a bit of evaporated milk.

I always thought Tetley tasted inferior to PG tips, might have to try that brand out
Original post by Oneiropólos
I always thought Tetley tasted inferior to PG tips, might have to try that brand out

I've got to say I've always prefered PG, I find Tetley too 'strong". Having said that, I don't think I have ever turned down a tea of any brand and doubt I would.
Twinings Green Tea in the morning.
Twinings Chammomile in the evening.

Quick Reply

Latest