The Student Room Group

you won £115M

Someone in the UK; Just won the £115M EuroMillions jackpot and is set to cash it soon. They have not revealed their identity yet.

What is the first thing you would do? Hypothetically speaking if you were the winner and could the actual winner be reading this? if so; I need a donation for a charity called "For My existence only"

Source: https://news.sky.com/story/uk-winner-claims-115m-euromillions-jackpot-11597002

Scroll to see replies

Use all of it to short Deutsche Bank and watch the EU burn, maybe keep £1 for some popcorn.
Original post by DrMikeHuntHertz
Use all of it to short Deutsche Bank and watch the EU burn, maybe keep £1 for some popcorn.

Priorities
Use around a 1 million a year. Would last me till I was 100
Pay off my parents' mortgage.
Reply 5
Use methods to increase my money
Unless you went out of your way to spend ridiculous amounts of money, you could easily live a life of luxury on that without working a day, and still die in your old age with millions left in the bank.

As for what I'd spend it on - first priority would be a good sized house - not huge, huge houses don't feel like homes to me, but enough for a swimming pool, personal gym and a big room with a 12ft snooker table and a pool table. That and a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Unless you went out of your way to spend ridiculous amounts of money, you could easily live a life of luxury on that without working a day, and still die in your old age with millions left in the bank.

As for what I'd spend it on - first priority would be a good sized house - not huge, huge houses don't feel like homes to me, but enough for a swimming pool, personal gym and a big room with a 12ft snooker table and a pool table. That and a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder.

This and @...
Reply 9
You could probably live off the interest alone! :biggrin:
+5% interest after 1 year = 120.7million

So that's £500,700 interest in the first year.

But anyway

First find a nice but kinky girl to marry
I'd invest 20% into various index funds. This'll be for my children.
Buy a nice house
Give my friends & family 1% each (1.15million) since i have no friends and only talk to 1 member of my family that's only 1% gone :u:
Give 20% to various charities. Animal welfare, children, elderly, homeless.
Put 5% aside to fund various organisations or political parties that support fundamental rights of the individual and are fighting for liberty
4% would go into my personal account (4.6million). This money would be mine, to squander and do with whatever I like. To invest in myself. Education, new skills, personal coaches and trainers and all that stuff + luxuries.

The other 50% would be for businesses, startups, property, land, franchises etc.
Totally haven't thought about this or anything. I never win :frown:
buy t series and delete the channel

...joking, joking. thats just some dumb repetative joke you see everywhere on youtube atm

i'd invest in properties. pay off mine and my families debts. buy some cars. give some to charity. save the rest.

and

Spoiler

Original post by LoyaltyAb0veAll
Someone in the UK; Just won the £115M EuroMillions jackpot and is set to cash it soon. They have not revealed their identity yet.

What is the first thing you would do? Hypothetically speaking if you were the winner and could the actual winner be reading this? if so; I need a donation for a charity called "For My existence only"

Source: https://news.sky.com/story/uk-winner-claims-115m-euromillions-jackpot-11597002

I’d give some money to family, buy a house, a few cars and all the usual crap like clothes etc, then use the 100 million left over to invest with a view to obtaining 5% a year after tax to live off and do projects with such as charity endeavours
Original post by LoyaltyAb0veAll

Buy out a big business so I can get even more money :biggrin:
Just live comfortably.
£40 million gets immediately handed over to a financial advisor to go into property and investments, with a further £10million held in reserve for if anything ever goes colossally wrong and I run out of cash entirely.

£50 million gets used to pay myself £1million per year in salary for the next 50 years. If I somehow make it to 80 years old then I'll start siphoning off funds from investments or the £10million emergency fund.

The remaining £15million becomes short term "f*ck it, I'm rich" money. Houses get bought, parties get held, basically all the lavish and irresponsible stuff. And I'd pay my family's mortgages too, I guess.
Reply 15
This person is wise for not revealing their identity.
The first thing I would do - hire a lawyer, an accountant and change all my contact details, including getting a PO box.
What I'm trying to avoid here is the whole "This person won the lottery and 5 years later is living in a caravan with his mother" situation.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 16
Buy a nice house outright, buy a car, and just live comfortably. Various charities would be getting a large, anonymous donation too. I'd probably use it to give up work and start fostering.
buy TSR .... then take my time spending the other £114 990 000

:h:

:teehee:

i would also buy @CoolCavy a new hamster.
give 114m to my mum. she defo needs it and she would.give to charity and build a hospital in Somalia. and i would leave education tbh and be rich. and buy.a million chicken nuggets.
I would donate to your charity ngl

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending