The Student Room Group

Ngdp 2018/19

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone had an issue with actually accessing the tests? The take the test link is showing up but then after I click on it it takes me to the tests page but it won't let me access any of the tests, like there's no link behind them or anything. Tried different browsers but nothing seems to be working.... :frown:
Reply 21
Did anyone else find the numerical test really short?
Does anyone who's applied before know how flexible councils are on interview dates? It says the interviews will be in April and I'm away on holiday for 9 days at the beginning - do you think they'll offer a fair few slots throughout the month or might I miss out?
Reply 23
Anyone know who the test provider is? because the website claims the tests have been recently gamified, yet also states its test provider is Cut-E, whose tests are not gamified.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 24
Hi Zandero,

I believe the test provider is Cut-E. Some of the tests certainly did feel gamified.

Less than a week to go to the test deadline. Best of luck everyone.
Reply 25
Original post by CharlotteRL
Thanks! Did anyone else find the verbal reasoning really challenging? I had never seen that layout of verbal reasoning test before and I no-where near completed all the questions

Yes, I also found it quite difficult. Much harder than other schemes/providers and not really what I had in mind at all.
Can someone shed some light on the recruitment process or find a me a link where they give details on the process
How far did people get on the tests - found the motion one surprisingly difficult and only got 9, 11 on the numerical and 25 on verbal.
Original post by here2panic
How far did people get on the tests - found the motion one surprisingly difficult and only got 9, 11 on the numerical and 25 on verbal.

Is that scores for the online tests?
DC
Original post by harjotdhami
Is that scores for the online tests?

Yep, that's how many qs I answered
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone knows what happens if you get locked out of a test? The digit challenge has blocked me out of it because it was not working (technical issues) and I've emailed the support team but I'm worried it's too late with the deadline on Thursday :frown:
Has anyone else had a problem with the digit challenge not letting you put the same number in twice?
Reply 32
Original post by bethyvictoria98
Has anyone else had a problem with the digit challenge not letting you put the same number in twice?

Pretty sure you can only use the same digit once in a question
Reply 33
Hey guys I finished all my tests yesterday, did any one else panic and not do as well as they could have considering the pressure from the game setting and very small time given? I definitely did, managed only 9 questions in the digit and motion challenge and about 15 in the verbal 💀💀💀💀
Reply 34
The tests were certainly the hardest I’ve come across so far.
Original post by Sam1827
Hey guys I finished all my tests yesterday, did any one else panic and not do as well as they could have considering the pressure from the game setting and very small time given? I definitely did, managed only 9 questions in the digit and motion challenge and about 15 in the verbal 💀💀💀💀
I found it really hard! Finished about the same amount of questions for the digit and motion. About 23 for verbal but a few of them were guesses. Just gotta keep our fingers crossed now! Does anybody know when we find out?
Reply 36
I found it incredibly hard too

About 13 on digit, 22 on verbal with few guesses and logical I think 7-8

Not looking forward to the 21st
I haven't been able to complete the tests cause of problems on their end and despite mentioning it weeks ago they still hadn't fixed it and I've received no response. So not sure where I stand with the deadline over and done with! Good luck lads.
Reply 38
Original post by Uncle_Fester
I haven't been able to complete the tests cause of problems on their end and despite mentioning it weeks ago they still hadn't fixed it and I've received no response. So not sure where I stand with the deadline over and done with! Good luck lads.

Who did you email?

My digit test was shown as incomplete and I found it relatively short and received an email to ask me to complete my tests, so I emailed to ask if I needed to do anything else and they replied in like 2 days
Original post by stulfc
Who did you email?

My digit test was shown as incomplete and I found it relatively short and received an email to ask me to complete my tests, so I emailed to ask if I needed to do anything else and they replied in like 2 days

NGDP support and cut.e. so the right people, but got no response on it sadly!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending