The Student Room Group

I got a 9 in RS gcse

If anyone needs tips on how to revise or technique for 12 mark question etc. I'm happy to help. I only lost 4 marks on my whole paper and therefore feel confident that I can answer some of your questions

Scroll to see replies

Which religions did you study and how early did you start revising?
Reply 2
How did u structure your 12 marker
Exam board?
Reply 4
Original post by Bella.tigerlily

I studied Christianity and Islam mostly although we did look into some other religions but not in detail
Reply 5
Original post by Obolinda
Exam board?

AQA
Reply 6
Original post by 24ioan
How did u structure your 12 marker

Depends on the question. It would be helpful if you gave me an example

So if i agreed with the statement i would:
Main point FOR
Secondary Point FOR
Main point AGAINST
Justified conclusion stating that i agree with the statement and why

If i Disagreed with the statement i would do the opposite:
Main point AGAINST
Secondary Point AGAINST
Main point FOR
Justified conclusion stating that i disagree and why

If you are really trying to impress the examiner you could use evaluative words such as (to an extent, depends on, due to ... it would be interpreted like....). This shows that you are considering multiple factors before making your justified decision

Hope that helped:smile: but as I said I could be more specific if I had an example
Reply 7

I'm gonna be honest I didn't really revise because I was very confident in the subject and I had other things I had to deal with at the time( some stuff at home). So I didn't revise for more than 1-2 hours in total (I know that's SO BADD). If i could go back I would definitely try to revise more, perhaps at lunch or something. Cos even though I did well the stress and uncertainty was really bad. It depends on how good you are at RS but generally I would suggest starting a month before, focusing on content. For each point on the specification make sure you know 1 quotation for it. If you use 1 quotation for multiple points that is fine but just make sure you have a quotation for each point.. This means that you will go in to the exam with 15-20 quotes which together can be used for every single topic that could come up.
Original post by stephsmhb
I'm gonna be honest I didn't really revise because I was very confident in the subject and I had other things I had to deal with at the time( some stuff at home). So I didn't revise for more than 1-2 hours in total (I know that's SO BADD). If i could go back I would definitely try to revise more, perhaps at lunch or something. Cos even though I did well the stress and uncertainty was really bad. It depends on how good you are at RS but generally I would suggest starting a month before, focusing on content. For each point on the specification make sure you know 1 quotation for it. If you use 1 quotation for multiple points that is fine but just make sure you have a quotation for each point.. This means that you will go in to the exam with 15-20 quotes which together can be used for every single topic that could come up.

Wow that’s impressive! I was also quite confident but then my teacher would say that the only people who get 9s start revision at the beginning of y11 and do loads so I was getting pretty stressed! Glad to hear it’s possible although obviously I’m aiming to do a decent amount of revision. Thanks for the advice, gonna try and follow it :smile:
Reply 9
Wow that’s impressive! I was also quite confident but then my teacher would say that the only people who get 9s start revision at the beginning of y11 and do loads so I was getting pretty stressed! Glad to hear it’s possible although obviously I’m aiming to do a decent amount of revision. Thanks for the advice, gonna try and follow it :smile:

Yeah no disrespect to your teacher but literally only 2 of my friends have started revision and it's January. Although I don't recommend you doing this but even if you started in March or April, if you are good at the subject you could get a 9.
Yeah no disrespect to your teacher but literally only 2 of my friends have started revision and it's January. Although I don't recommend you doing this but even if you started in March or April, if you are good at the subject you could get a 9.

Yep teachers definitely exaggerate tbh. Fingers crossed!
Reply 11
Depends on the question. It would be helpful if you gave me an example

So if i agreed with the statement i would:
Main point FOR
Secondary Point FOR
Main point AGAINST
Justified conclusion stating that i agree with the statement and why

If i Disagreed with the statement i would do the opposite:
Main point AGAINST
Secondary Point AGAINST
Main point FOR
Justified conclusion stating that i disagree and why

If you are really trying to impress the examiner you could use evaluative words such as (to an extent, depends on, due to ... it would be interpreted like....). This shows that you are considering multiple factors before making your justified decision

Hope that helped:smile: but as I said I could be more specific if I had an example

Don't use 'to an extent' unless you are gonna say precisely to what extent. Major bugbear of anybody that has ever had to mark an exam.
RE is such an easy subject and my exam board is even harder
(edited 5 years ago)
when did you start revising?
Which specification were you with for your course: AQA A or B? I was with B, which delved quite a bit deeper than the A variant (or so I was told). I haven't spoken to many outside of my school that actually studied for the B spec's exams (although that may be because there's wasn't Catholic, but hey-ho).
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by gjd800
Don't use 'to an extent' unless you are gonna say precisely to what extent. Major bugbear of anybody that has ever had to mark an exam.

Yeah sorry I should have been a bit more specific about that. I find it quite hard to explain without examples
Reply 16
Original post by Tolgarda
Which specification were you with for your course: AQA A or B? I was with B, which delved quite a bit deeper than the A variant (or so I was told). I haven't spoken to many outside of my school that actually studied for the B spec's exams (although that may be because there's wasn't Catholic, but hey-ho).

I'm not sure sorry
Reply 17
Original post by I'mComingOxford
when did you start revising?

Reply 18
Original post by sqrt of 5
RE is such an easy subject and my exam board is even harder

Not everyone finds it easy. I had quite a few friends who were better at STEM subjects and found it really hard to get good grades in RS

wow 1-2 hrs revision for a 9.

gimme dat brain

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending