The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello I’m sipan and I’m from kurdstan I want be student of Cambridge university please I’m grade 11 at vajin school zakho
Original post by Sipankurd16
Hello I’m sipan and I’m from kurdstan I want be student of Cambridge university please I’m grade 11 at vajin school zakho

I don't know, can you?

You know they entry requirements. Do you have them?

You need to contact the Cambridge admissions department:

https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/international-students/eu-and-international-qualifications
(edited 5 years ago)
What do u think about Kurdish people

I don't know anything about the Kurdish people so I really don't know.

Do you have A-Levels / GCSEs?

What grades are you expecting?
Can I came study at there from kurdstan to Cambridge university?

Hi, I've requested your thread be moved to the University of Cambridge forum.

As mentioned above, you may want to contact the University of Cambridge admissions team to enquire about entry criteria; you can also find a lot of information on their admissions webpages. Something important to note, is you will be applying to a specific subject for a degree programme from the outset, and you need to demonstrate commitment to and awareness of that subject in your application (thus, you should think about what it is you want to study specifically, and why, regardless of the Cambridge element). You will also need to have studied to the equivalent of A-level standard; A-levels aren't specifically required, but you must be at a similar level of academic attainment as top achieving A-level students. Additionally, many subjects will require you to have taken certain subjects to this standard to be considered for admission (e.g. maths, to apply for engineering). You can find this information on their admissions pages as well.

There may be financial implications for studying there, depending on your residency status. There is some information available on the University of Cambridge website regarding this, but I would recommend you contact them directly to find out more as this is an important matter and details can vary a lot between individuals.
Reply 6
Yes I’m grade 11

Students come from all over the world to study at Cambridge university.
You will first of all need to ensure you can meet the very high academic requirements they demand. You will find details of entry requirements on the Cambridge University web site.
You would apply through UCAS like every other potential student but that is only the start of a competitive process to win the offer of a place.
You will need to work out how you will pay for it. Full scholarships are rare in UK universities and fees for international students are high.
(edited 5 years ago)
The requirements depend on what you want to study, they are very high in general; they are based on A-levels but they look at GCSEs as well (I dont know what qualifications you have, but if they are known, then the equivalent grades are on their website). If you pass the first hurdle, you have to interview (if you cannot come, it can be done by Skype). Another requirement is English, I imagine you have to take an IELTS test/ equivalent and achieve a good score.

If you have specific questions regarding your qualifications , you can try emailing the admissions team at Cambridge, their email address is stated on their website.
(edited 5 years ago)
I’m afraid since Kurdistan isn’t even listed on the page where Cambridge explains international qualifications, you’d have to take either the IB, A-levels, or AP programs.
I was student at zakho british international school there was tell as u can study in Cambridge
Original post by MateFeher
I’m afraid since Kurdistan isn’t even listed on the page where Cambridge explains international qualifications, you’d have to take either the IB, A-levels, or AP programs.

Kurdistan is a region and not a country so they do Iraq’s education system. However it was a country
Reply 12
I have temporarily closed this thread for a tidy up.

I'd like to remind people to be constructive and friendly when replying to any posters. Thanks.

Edit: reopened. Note the above reminder still applies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 13
I was student at zakho british international school there was tell as u can study in Cambridge

What qualifications are you studying at the international school? Will you be doing A-levels or International Baccalaureate, or something else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
What qualifications are you studying at the international school? Will you be doing A-levels or International Baccalaureate, or something else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have talked to him, and what he actually wants to know is if Kurdish people are even allowed in Cambridge.

He then proceeded to tell me he has no qualifications (GCSE/A-Level)

He's either a troll, or he actually has no clue that you can't just waltz into ****ing CAMBRIDGE.
Reply 15
Original post by Amha
Kurdistan is a region and not a country so they do Iraq’s education system. However it was a country

Iraq is also not listed, but if the OP is studying at an international school then A-levels or IB may be available.

If not they will have to contact Cambridge, as already recommended by Ageshallnot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
But country like UK,USA open international school in kurdsta like ZBIS school we just study there
Reply 17
But country like UK,USA open international school in kurdsta like ZBIS school we just study there

You are more than welcome to apply to Cambridge, but first things first. Please tell us what qualifications you are studying at school.

By the way, there are Kurdish lecturers and students already at Cambridge.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucher_Birkar

Based on a cursory view of the schools site, I would point out the "Cambridge and Oxford" qualifications there refer to will be the CIE and/or OCR A-levels. Oxford and Cambridge Universities together administer A-level exams through their assessment section OCR (technically separate companies spun out of the universities), and Cambridge specifically also has the related CIE A-levels offered.

Importantly, these aren't specifically related to studying at the universities of Oxford and Cambridge, and taking these qualifications are not a sufficient condition to continue to a degree at Oxford or Cambridge. However, taking A-levels from any exam board (which may be CIE, OCR, or another, such as Edexcel which the school referred to also offers), or an equivalent qualification (such as IB) is a necessary condition for admission. So if you would like to study at Cambridge (or Oxford) and your school offers these A-levels, they may be a suitable basis for applying there (provided you do very well in your subjects, and ensure you take any necessary prerequisite subjects).

However, to clarify; neither Oxford nor Cambridge University offer any distance learning undergraduate courses. The main degrees offered by both universities are full time courses based at their campuses in Oxford and Cambridge in the UK. They do both offer some masters and other qualifications part time (and sometimes distance learning) through their continuing education branches, but these are not undergraduate bachelors degrees regardless.
Ok Just invite me to I’m studying at there please🥺

Latest

Trending

Trending