The Student Room Group

Cambridge Engineering 2019 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by boi_
For me the, the pre interview prep test was chill, I’m sure I did well enough on that. My first interview I kind of bombed tbh, made many silly mistakes and my nerve really showed. My second interview was much better though. However, I’ve heard there’s a threshold for each interview for offers to be made, so do I still stand a chance?

I was the exact same, bombed my first, test went well and then I felt more calm for the last interview and so I think it went better. I’m hoping it’s some sort of average so I still have a chance lol
Reply 61
Original post by BethH101
I'm at Queen's on the 10th, anyone else?

Queens' on 10th here. What time is your interview?
I’ve an interview at queens tomorrow, absolutely ******** myself my projects a load of ballix
Original post by Sang95
Queens' on 10th here. What time is your interview?

14.00 and 15.30! You?
Original post by Logan9186
I’ve an interview at queens tomorrow, absolutely ******** myself my projects a load of ballix

Oh my god me too I don't even have anything to show like no pictures or anything :frown:(
Original post by RLawlor
I was the exact same, bombed my first, test went well and then I felt more calm for the last interview and so I think it went better. I’m hoping it’s some sort of average so I still have a chance lol

My teacher said that even looking back on it now he bombed his first interview then did decently in the 2nd and he got in so you guys shouldn't worry too much!
Queens, my interviews on the 7th, where abouts in NI are you from?

I've got my interview at Queens tomorrow, how was yours?
Original post by BethH101
I've got my interview at Queens tomorrow, how was yours?

I thought it went awful but looking back it wasn’t too bad, and don’t worry about the project too much they barely spend any time talking about it
I thought it went awful but looking back it wasn’t too bad, and don’t worry about the project too much they barely spend any time talking about it
Okay that's good as my project isn't that interesting tbh thanks! I bet it went better than you think as well...it always does
Reply 69
so how did everyone's interview go?
Original post by Sang95

First one was good! talked a lot about my project and they asked me about another one which as great cos I have too much to say about them lol
Maths questions were ok too
2nd was more challenging and I got confused at the end of a couple questions but got them in the end. Didn't have time for the 4th question they had prepared for me :/

Wbu?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by Sang95

first one was okay. Second one was a horrible disaster. I got really confused doing even the simplest math problems and my brain just stopped working. And they didn't ask any personal statement related questions :frown:
Reply 72
Original post by xiaochen
First one was good! talked a lot about my project and they asked me about another one which as great cos I have too much to say about them lol
Maths questions were ok too
2nd was more challenging and I got confused at the end of a couple questions but got them in the end. Didn't have time for the 4th question they had prepare for me :/

Wbu?

Pretty much the same I guess. I was confused during the 2nd interview but I guess everyone felt about it that way. I'm glad it's over!
Is there anyone who had applied to Peterhouse?
Anyone just wanna be put out of their misery already?
Anyone just wanna be put out of their misery already?

Me 😭😭 I may as well be the only one rejected a second time...
I feel like my life is slowly coming to an end ahahah Idk why I even care at this point
I feel like my life is slowly coming to an end ahahah Idk why I even care at this point

Same 😭 you sound like you did better than me in your second interview tho so hopefully you'll be fine!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by xiaochen
Same 😭 you sound like you did better than me in your second interview tho so hopefully you'll be fine!

I really doubt that ahaha and you’ve already got all your alevels and stuff I think your pretty much sorted!!
I really doubt that ahaha and you’ve already got all your alevels and stuff I think your pretty much sorted!!

Wait are you a reapplicant too (cos idk but I thought you were too)

Screenshot_20190101-223933-compressed.jpg.jpeg

And this shows that of those with 4a*s or better post applicant... Half still get rejected :/
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending