The Student Room Group

Margaret Thatcher

I have a mock coming up on Margaret Thatcher but I don’t even know what could be in the exam... it’s my weakest subject pls somebody help
Is this part of the Britiain transformed unit? If so, learn some figures. For example what percentage did she cut taxes to. Learn as many numbers as you can for the sections and when she privatised industries etc. Hope this helped, I haven’t studied this in a year
Reply 2
Original post by Chloshayx
I have a mock coming up on Margaret Thatcher but I don’t even know what could be in the exam... it’s my weakest subject pls somebody help

Is this part of Britain 1930-1997 course for OCR A-Level history? If so, this would be as part of an essay question worth 20 marks in total. You need to know why Thatcher won three elections, her economic policies, her social policies and the unrest it caused and her ministers and her fall. The question is most likely going to focus on her economic policy/social policy or it may be a question relating to her premiership but it will be everything you've learn and in the specification. The general structure for this is to have an intro, 4 paragraphs and a conclusion and throughout the essay, you want to be maintaining that line of argument so it may help if you think PEEAL (Point, Evidence/Example, Analysis and Link) for each paragraph/point. If that's confusing stick to the structure you've been taught by your teacher. Hope this helps. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending