The Student Room Group

Training Contract Applications 2021

I'm starting this thread to go alongside the 2019 Vacation Scheme thread.

Anyone interested in applying for direct TCs - Welcome here :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I would like to know which particular law firms may start the training contract interview on a rolling basis before December?? I would be very grateful if someone could help.
Original post by cwcgor
Hi, I would like to know which particular law firms may start the training contract interview on a rolling basis before December?? I would be very grateful if someone could help.

I think most firms do rolling VS apps but not TC apps...
Most winter vacs are dealt with on a rolling basis, I believe.
Hi anyone completed WG for links and heard back yet?
anyone heard from Ashurst or know how quick they give interview offers?
Reply 6
Anyone hear back from slaughters?
Hi everyone! Is anyone willing to give some pointers to a clueless grad that is likely to be the oldest person on this thread ? I graduated in 2017 and had no intention of ever becoming a solicitor. However, things have changed and I now think this is the route I want to go down. Unfortunately because of my obstinance during my degree, I never did any vac schemes, or any work experience at solicitors firms (although I have a paid job in one now). I feel like I am utterly lost and unsure of who can help! I can see some of the firms here in the NW you can apply for a TC and a vac scheme with them at the same time, so I will probably do that. I've been on Law Careers website to find TC deadlines for firms, but there is no way of searching by location, is there any other website where you can do a search by location? I have a child so cannot relocate or travel too far. I have made a telephone appt with my uni careers service for later in the week but unsure how helpful they will be. I also have a set period of a week or so around Christmas for me to complete all the applications because that's the only time my husband is off uni to look after the baby so I can focus on the applications. I figure I should make contact with one of my old uni tutors ASAP actually to ask them to be a reference for me on the apps? I guess I will have to make contact with work too, they won't like that very much, eek.
Reply 8
Heard back from Linklaters post-Watson glaser test and it was a rejection. I didn’t receive any updates whether I passed or failed the test, so I’m assuming I passed as they was no mention of it in their rejection email (do they inform and state specifically when applicants fail?). Surprised that they got back to me considering that I thought they were non-rolling and would respond from January.
Thanks Pharfar - would you remember how long after you completed the test that they contacted you? I did mine on the 7th of Nov. and I still haven't heard back .. it's making me so anxious!
Reply 10
Original post by unicorn2017
Thanks Pharfar - would you remember how long after you completed the test that they contacted you? I did mine on the 7th of Nov. and I still haven't heard back .. it's making me so anxious!

Around I think 6 November. I guess if you haven’t heard back it’s a good thing as they mentioned on their website they won’t make offers and interview invites until the deadline in January.
anyone heard from Ashurst or know how quick they give interview offers?
[QUOTE="Lawstudent2019;80682896"]anyone heard from Ashurst or know how quick they give interview offers?[/QUOTEDo you mean an offer of an interview or an offer post-interview? I applied in October, interviewed this week and was made my offer the following day
Reply 13
hey, I just applied for Norton Rose Fulbright direct TC, anyone that got an AC invite/reply already?
Hey guys I just applied for a direct TC to Baker aobut 2 weeks ago. Still haven't heard anything regarding the test - anyone knows how long they usually take to review applications?
Hi all, does anyone have insight into the following (I am fairly confident it should apply across the board)

Following submission of an online assessment is the response usually automated, or does it require manual input from one of the graduate recruitment staff of the firm in question.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by pharfar
Heard back from Linklaters post-Watson glaser test and it was a rejection. I didn’t receive any updates whether I passed or failed the test, so I’m assuming I passed as they was no mention of it in their rejection email (do they inform and state specifically when applicants fail?). Surprised that they got back to me considering that I thought they were non-rolling and would respond from January.

Not sure, but I think that a lot of law firms use the Watson test as an automatic yes or no of if they will even review your application.

I did the Watson with Clifford Chance and just got an email saying I passed and they will now review my actual application. Hope that helps.
Reply 17
Original post by ILoveProteinToo
Not sure, but I think that a lot of law firms use the Watson test as an automatic yes or no of if they will even review your application.

I did the Watson with Clifford Chance and just got an email saying I passed and they will now review my actual application. Hope that helps.

Actually I have emailed them for my WG report and I passed. I have also spoken with others who have passed or failed, they said that usually if one fails they receive an immediate email stating it. While those who passed won’t really get any email indicating such. It’s not like CC, which usually notifies one immediately whether one fails or pass the WG. As stated in previous posts I didn’t get a response from Linklaters after some weeks later, which it seems they don’t really recruit on a non-rolling basis.
I passed the online test for Clifford Chance, I was just wondering if anyone knew roughly when you hear back about assessment days? I’ve got quite a way to travel if I do get a place and just wanted to eat an idea of how much notice they give you
Original post by KatyGrace8888
I passed the online test for Clifford Chance, I was just wondering if anyone knew roughly when you hear back about assessment days? I’ve got quite a way to travel if I do get a place and just wanted to eat an idea of how much notice they give you

i was wondering the same thing as I just found out I passed last night. Mind if I ask what score/percentile you got?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending