The Student Room Group

Anyone else seen this ridiculous ad around

E7D6B5EC-F977-4CD2-81A0-0FA02A109346.jpg.jpeg

Saw this ad on a bus stop in town. What nonsense. ‘Diversity’ exposing itself as mere consumerism. Ancient and profound cultures are reduced to products casually tossed into the same shopping trolley. The real message here is culture doesn’t matter, only the global economy.

And yes. We are an island.

Scroll to see replies

Haven’t seen it but it would have made me angry if I had. I agree - whilst the good intent was there, there would have been many far better ways to express a diversity of culture without reducing the cultures to their stereotypical symbols
Original post by zooxanthellae
Haven’t seen it but it would have made me angry if I had. I agree - whilst the good intent was there, there would have been many far better ways to express a diversity of culture without reducing the cultures to their stereotypical symbols

and why say belgian striker? ***** leaving out alllll the other strikers in alll the other football clubs...?

sigh just another tired attempt of inclusiveness to propagandise remaining in the eu whilst still being ironically exclusive. liberals.
It should come as no surprise that companies will pander to the snowflake mentality for profit, I don't blame them. If people are foolish enough to be swayed to bank at HSBC following an advert with no financial incentive for using their service they deserve all they get.
Reply 5
Stop getting offended at everything lol
It's just an advert, lol. I guess it's got a nice sentiment. I've never seen that advert.
Original post by Obolinda
It's just an advert, lol. I guess it's got a nice sentiment. I've never seen that advert.

The sentiment is not 'nice'. As OP said, its an attempt by a multinational monopoly bank to ride the political flavour of the month; diversity and cultural relativism in order to generate profit from interest on consumer loans. This is peak capitalism and it is psychological heroin.
Has no one else seen it on TV??
Original post by Bill Nye
Has no one else seen it on TV??

I haven't
Original post by Bill Nye

This is probably the most bourgeois video i've ever seen.
Original post by LongMarch
The sentiment is not 'nice'. As OP said, its an attempt by a multinational monopoly bank to ride the political flavour of the month; diversity and cultural relativism in order to generate profit from interest on consumer loans. This is peak capitalism and it is psychological heroin.

A company is using an advert to generate profit?

I still like the sentiment of the ad.
Original post by Obolinda
A company is using an advert to generate profit?

I still like the sentiment of the ad.

How is there sentimentality in the generation of profit? The advert is neoliberal propaganda. Please don't be fooled into thinking HSBC care about any 'humanitarian' efforts which they espouse to support.
Pushing multiculturalism annoys me. The bad grammar enrages me. Who wrote that drivel?
Original post by LongMarch
How is there sentimentality in the generation of profit? The advert is neoliberal propaganda. Please don't be fooled into thinking HSBC care about any 'humanitarian' efforts which they espouse to support.

I don't think HSBC actually care about all that stuff. The advert is nice, especially the video one.
Original post by BenK64
E7D6B5EC-F977-4CD2-81A0-0FA02A109346.jpg.jpeg

Saw this ad on a bus stop in town. What nonsense. ‘Diversity’ exposing itself as mere consumerism. Ancient and profound cultures are reduced to products casually tossed into the same shopping trolley. The real message here is culture doesn’t matter, only the global economy.

And yes. We are an island.

Lol imagine supporting a belgian striker, last I checked Hazard or KDB weren't strikers.
Reply 17
Oh god oh no a company used an advert that uses social commentary oh god o fucc the world is ending
Original post by Zasty
Oh god oh no a company used an advert that uses social commentary oh god o fucc the world is ending

Why not criticise globohomo whenever possible? This liberal capitalist elite is maintaining the shopping/fornication status quo through psychological advertising, and somehow ordinary people on a forum criticising this is somehow overblown or sensational?
Course it’s a ****ing bank spouting this stuff, along with all the LGBT, mass immigratiion, anti white propaganda: shows how revolutionary the so called ‘left’ is now when they’re parroting the likes of HSBC and Goldman Sachs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending