The Student Room Group

Divorce

“Divorce is never an option in any circumstance”

Heys guys! Okay so i got this question as my homework and im really struggling on it so can anyone please help x thankyou! It is a religious education question im meant to answer it out like an essay ( part 5 question) so 2 paragraphs for agree and 2 paragraphs for disagree and a conclusion x I really need help on this so if anyone who can please help me out i would appreciate it alot!! THANKYOU❤️
(edited 5 years ago)
I think my maternal grandmother would agree with that; she's an 80 year old religious fanatic who absolutely hates divorced people, protestants, members of other religions and any catholics who disagree with her.
I know a few fundamentalist christians who reject divorce entirely, most refuse to even interact with all divorced people except a man who has divorced an adulterous wife.

I think divorce is usually an option for people that are not religious whose marriage has failed or who have been subjected to violent abuse.
Annulment and legal separation are also alternative options to divorce.
Particularly for people who are catholic or have issues reconciling the vows they made on their wedding day with a decision to apply to legally end the marriage.
Reply 2
If it is an Rs question
- it breaks the vows made before God
-according to the bible divorce itself is not a sin but remarriage is a sin (it is regarded as adultery)
-it disrupts family life
-but non conformists would argue that it is the “lesser of two evils” - Methodist
- you may possibly argue that divorce is unacceptable as people no longer take marriages seriously (they know they can divorce if they are no longer interested )

It was probs not that helpful soz 😂😪
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by PXRPLE
If it is an Rs question
- it breaks the vows made before God
-according to the bible divorce itself is not a sin but remarriage is a sin (it is regarded as adultery)
-it disrupts family life
-but non conformists would argue that it is the “lesser of two evils” - Methodist
- you may possibly argue that divorce is unacceptable as people no longer take marriages seriously (they know they can divorce if they are no longer interested )

It was probs not that helpful soz 😂😪

Thankyouuu! Xx and yes it is and RS question im meant to write it out as an essay (part 5 question) and im meant to have 2 paragraphs on agree and 2 for disagree and a conclusion its a 12 mark question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending