The Student Room Group

About to have a breakdown over A-levels

Bascially we have exams coming up and I've started revision too late. Maths is on Tuesday and I need to cover differentiation and intergration and then do practice questions. Chemistry, I have 2 new booklets to cover and the other 2 are stuff that I already know. And biology, I haven't even started. I know its my fault and I should've started earlier but I'm so stressed out, I don't know what to do. Im starting to wonder whether I should've did A-Levels or not. PLease share some advice or yell at me and give me reasons to study tomorrow and Monday.
watching study with me videos on youtube motivates me
also, theres no point sitting around getting stressed about how much you need to do, get going!
make a list with the most important tasks at the top and get started
good luck :smile:
Is this for mocks? If so, don't sweat too much on it; make this become a lesson for you to start earlier for the real exams...
Just do the best you cna in the time left. results wont be the end of the world. Learn your lesson. Having a breakdown doesnt really get you far.
Original post by OxbridgeRejectTT
Is this for mocks? If so, don't sweat too much on it; make this become a lesson for you to start earlier for the real exams...

kind of, these are like progress tests to see how we’re doing. and this will definitely be a lesson for my real exams.
If you are certain on some topics don't revise them. If it's mocks just revise the stuff you know nothing about whatsoever. Remain calm! Just note that you need to revise earlier for the actual exams
Reply 6
Don’t stress too much if it’s mocks. If you fail then you fail, what matters the most are your actual exams and those are the ones you need to work really hard for. I remember procrastinating throughout the whole Christmas break in year 2 and got a flu 3 days just before my mock exams and ended up with a U for maths but tbh I wasn’t really that bothered since it wasn’t the actual the thing. I still did pretty decent for someone who was extremely inconsistent with revision and was failing a lot of tests (got a B) My only regret is that I didn’t start revision from January, I barely had the time to practice past papers but it’s not too late for you OP.

Stressing too much won’t you help you at all, just revise what you can and if you’re in A2 start making your revision timetable NOW, you can still get very high grades if you put you heart into it, just don’t leave it last minute.

Edit: Also, just do past papers everyday! Make sure to cover the very recent past papers tho. Do a past paper everyday and take note of the topics you’re not confident with and revise for it. It may seem like you’re ages away but trust me now is legit the best time to do past papers.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by alevels2020
Bascially we have exams coming up and I've started revision too late. Maths is on Tuesday and I need to cover differentiation and intergration and then do practice questions. Chemistry, I have 2 new booklets to cover and the other 2 are stuff that I already know. And biology, I haven't even started. I know its my fault and I should've started earlier but I'm so stressed out, I don't know what to do. Im starting to wonder whether I should've did A-Levels or not. PLease share some advice or yell at me and give me reasons to study tomorrow and Monday.

Are you in year 13?
Original post by Aimee_101
Are you in year 13?

Year 12
Original post by alevels2020
Year 12

Not to worry you, but my school based our predicted grades for university on our mocks in yr12, so it might be quite important for that reason if your school does something similar. If your not going to Uni though it's not too much of an issue. I'm in a similar situation in yr2 I've gotten through the content, but I didn't try to memorise it as I went a long so now I've only got 2 days to memorise all the content for sociology and psych that are tested on the same day. It's not looking good, but these exams at the end of the day don't count for anything.

In yr12 I was in a similar situation, I left memorising everything to the last min, one exam I only revised the night before and I got A*, B, C I was so happy with that, and my teachers gave me the UCAS predicted grades of A*, A, B (one above my mocks) you might surprise yourself! If it's not good just argue your case to the teachers and be honest and say it was a fault in your time management and you'll learn from it. However, If your do come out with something like 3 D's-U's maybe it would be good to re-consider your options, i knew a few people who decided it wasn't for them after mocks in yr12 and went on to apprentiships and college courses, at the end of the day if it's ruining your mental health there are always other options which are good. I'm sure you will be fine though, I think it's just a case of you don't realise just how much content there is at AS /A Level and tell you actually revise for your end of yr tests, it's hard to adjust to. So, if you do, do badly I think it's more a result of poor time management in this case rather than your ability.

Quick Reply

Latest