The Student Room Group

University of Groningen - Admission 2019/2020

I'm currently in year 12 and I believe that I will go to uni in 2019/2020. However, I wanted to know whether anyone knows when I can apply for medicine at the University of Groningen ?

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys,
anybody who already experienced to Groningen could explain what the admission is like! Because I really got confused...
Reply 2
Hello guys, I'm thinking of applying for the Bachelor's degree in Medicine in Groningen as an international student and I am not sure about how I should prepare for the selection procedure. Like are there any books I can buy to prepare for the test given that day? Should I read any specific materials? Do they provide us with the materials we have to learn? I'd really appreciate it if you could help me with some answers. Also if you applied and know how the selection procedure works, please tell me about it. Thank you.
Anyone applying for the selection day this year? 16/17 of February?
Reply 5
Hey everyone.
Has anyone else applied for the medical bachelor programme at the Univseristy of Groningen upcoming fall? I´m an international who did so and was wondering if there are any like-minded people who are also waiting for further news relating to the selection procedure. I was hoping to find someone to share this journey with lol
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Hi bianca02, as far as I know they will provide us with the material we need to learn for the selection day 4 weeks in advance. I don't think that there is any kind of book or elsewhat that we could use to prepare...
Reply 7
Original post by michailko
Anyone applying for the selection day this year? 16/17 of February?
I've applied as well :smile:
Original post by itsmia
I've applied as well :smile:

hello mia have you any idea when are we going to receive the biology texts etc. for our examination?
Reply 9
hello mia have you any idea when are we going to receive the biology texts etc. for our examination?

either on the 10th or on the 17th of January, depending on how quickly you submitted your application.. they're not really clear about that though.. which country are you from?
Original post by itsmia
either on the 10th or on the 17th of January, depending on how quickly you submitted your application.. they're not really clear about that though.. which country are you from?

I come from Greece, I have already submitted my application and they have reached me back with an email that says they need time to confirm that everything is okay and that I am invited to the Selection Day. If you have any further, useful information I will be glad to know! Have you finished school or are you in the 12th grade? What country do you come from?
Reply 11
I come from Greece, I have already submitted my application and they have reached me back with an email that says they need time to confirm that everything is okay and that I am invited to the Selection Day. If you have any further, useful information I will be glad to know! Have you finished school or are you in the 12th grade? What country do you come from?

Does your email say something about the admissions office still needing like 4 weeks to process your application comepletly? Because if so, that means that you still need to get another email about their final decision about conditionally admitting you to the program, and also listing the things or defiencies they still need from you. When did you submit your application? To me, I am from Germany and I finished School a year ago, so 2017. Howcome you decided to apply to Groningen? :smile:
Original post by itsmia
Does your email say something about the admissions office still needing like 4 weeks to process your application comepletly? Because if so, that means that you still need to get another email about their final decision about conditionally admitting you to the program, and also listing the things or defiencies they still need from you. When did you submit your application? To me, I am from Germany and I finished School a year ago, so 2017. Howcome you decided to apply to Groningen? :smile:

Aus Deutschland? Ich finde Deutsch eine sehr schöne Sprache! Ja meine E-Mail sagt, dass das sogenannte "Admissions Office" noch Zeit braucht (ca. 4 Wochen) genau. Tja, ich habe mich vor 2-3 Wochen angemeldet... Zurzeit besuche ich die 12. Klasse des Gymnasiums und ich habe mich entschieden, dass ich im Ausland studieren möchte. Warum nicht Groningen? Erstens es ist ein sehr bekanntes Universität. Zweitens die Unis in Deutschland sind anspruchsvoll und man braucht weitere Tests wie TMS usw. Zusätzlich glaube ich, dass durch dieses Uni man sehr viele Karrierechancen bekommt. Was glaubst du? Warum hast du Groningen ausgewählt?
Reply 13
Aus Deutschland? Ich finde Deutsch eine sehr schöne Sprache! Ja meine E-Mail sagt, dass das sogenannte "Admissions Office" noch Zeit braucht (ca. 4 Wochen) genau. Tja, ich habe mich vor 2-3 Wochen angemeldet... Zurzeit besuche ich die 12. Klasse des Gymnasiums und ich habe mich entschieden, dass ich im Ausland studieren möchte. Warum nicht Groningen? Erstens es ist ein sehr bekanntes Universität. Zweitens die Unis in Deutschland sind anspruchsvoll und man braucht weitere Tests wie TMS usw. Zusätzlich glaube ich, dass durch dieses Uni man sehr viele Karrierechancen bekommt. Was glaubst du? Warum hast du Groningen ausgewählt?

So howcome you speek german? I thought you're greek? :biggrin: Wohnst du in Deutschland oder wieso hast du dich auch über deutsche Unis informiert? Ich will nach Groningen, weil ich in Deutschland leider momentan schlechte Chancen auf einen Platz habe, und Groningen ein total fortschrittliches und tolles Medizinprogramm hat. Außerdem finde ich Holland sowieso einfach toll. Und so wie das mit deiner Bewerbung klingt, scheint alles normal abzulaufen. Ich denke, du bekommst deine Vorbereitungsmaterialien dann vermutlich am 17. Januar.
Original post by itsmia
So howcome you speek german? I thought you're greek? :biggrin: Wohnst du in Deutschland oder wieso hast du dich auch über deutsche Unis informiert? Ich will nach Groningen, weil ich in Deutschland leider momentan schlechte Chancen auf einen Platz habe, und Groningen ein total fortschrittliches und tolles Medizinprogramm hat. Außerdem finde ich Holland sowieso einfach toll. Und so wie das mit deiner Bewerbung klingt, scheint alles normal abzulaufen. Ich denke, du bekommst deine Vorbereitungsmaterialien dann vermutlich am 17. Januar.

Ja ich verstehe. Ne ich bin Grieche und wohne in Griechenland auch, aber ich habe Deutsch alleine gelernt mit Hilfe eines privaten Lehrers. Ich liebe neue Sprachen zu lernen und mit neuen Kulturen in Konzakt zu kommen. Das war auch ein Grund was meine Entscheidung betrifft (in Groningen zu studieren). Ja abi fast 1 ist sehr schwer und die Kombination mit TMS das ist verrückt... ich habe mich über deutsche Universitäten informiert weil ich das TestDaF erfolgreich bestanden habe und ich habe auch die Möglichkeit in Deutschland zu studieren aber das finde ich nicht nur anspruchsvoll sondern auch stressig du weisst was ich meine... Ich bin noch nie in Holland gewesen aber Groningen sieht ein toller Stadt. Das uni hat auch ja ein innovatives Programm und befindet sich in den ersten 100 unis der Welt für Medizinstudium. Ich habe seit lange Deutsch nocht benutzt
Ja ich verstehe. Ne ich bin Grieche und wohne in Griechenland auch, aber ich habe Deutsch alleine gelernt mit Hilfe eines privaten Lehrers. Ich liebe neue Sprachen zu lernen und mit neuen Kulturen in Konzakt zu kommen. Das war auch ein Grund was meine Entscheidung betrifft (in Groningen zu studieren). Ja abi fast 1 ist sehr schwer und die Kombination mit TMS das ist verrückt... ich habe mich über deutsche Universitäten informiert weil ich das TestDaF erfolgreich bestanden habe und ich habe auch die Möglichkeit in Deutschland zu studieren aber das finde ich nicht nur anspruchsvoll sondern auch stressig du weisst was ich meine... Ich bin noch nie in Holland gewesen aber Groningen sieht ein toller Stadt. Das uni hat auch ja ein innovatives Programm und befindet sich in den ersten 100 unis der Welt für Medizinstudium. Ich habe seit lange Deutsch nocht benutzt

Ich hoffe mein Deutsch ist noch gut... Ja ich vermute dass alles mit meiner Applikation gut läuft...
Reply 16
Ich hoffe mein Deutsch ist noch gut... Ja ich vermute dass alles mit meiner Applikation gut läuft...

Ok, well I think your german is pretty good. Lets continue our conversation in english just in case someone new joins us though :smile: Yeah Germany has a real rough selection procedure, and anyhow the medical schools are so traditional and disciplined, that the program of RUGL seems way more attractive in contrast. Which learning community would be your first choice?
Yes it is true! I would like to join the Molecular Medicine learning community as I am more into research... what is your favorite lc? Yes greece has also very ancient system not only for the selcetion but also in the university, not to mention the limitted working opportunities available here. Umcg is also a pretty decent hospital!
Hello everyone! I have applied to the University of Groningen Medicine course and I’m very nervous about the selection day.. is there anyone who participated in previous years ?
Hello everyone! I have applied to the Bachelor’s degree in Medicine at the University of Groningen... do you know when will we get the material for the selection day?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending