Want more information about this university?
ZAYAN12345
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Since Plymouth doesn't consider UKCAT from International Applicants.How are they selected for interview ?
University of Plymouth
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ZAYAN12345)
Since Plymouth doesn't consider UKCAT from International Applicants.How are they selected for interview ?
Hi ZAYAN12345,

We don’t consider UKCAT from International Applicants for 2019 entry, however, a UKCAT will be required from all applicants from 2020 entry onwards. The shortlisting process for 2019 International applicants will be completely based on the A Level (or international equivalent) qualifications, either predicted or achieved. We will also ensure that all applicants meet the GCSE level requirements before considering them within the shortlisting process. Applicants who meet the criteria are ranked based on their qualifications and the top performing students are invited to interview.

I hope this helps!

- Seren, University of Plymouth Student Rep
maya misbah
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by University of Plymouth)
Hi ZAYAN12345,

We don’t consider UKCAT from International Applicants for 2019 entry, however, a UKCAT will be required from all applicants from 2020 entry onwards. The shortlisting process for 2019 International applicants will be completely based on the A Level (or international equivalent) qualifications, either predicted or achieved. We will also ensure that all applicants meet the GCSE level requirements before considering them within the shortlisting process. Applicants who meet the criteria are ranked based on their qualifications and the top performing students are invited to interview.

I hope this helps!

Hi Seren,

I was invited to attend a skype interview. I applied for Physiotherapy UG course!. That means i have met the entry criteria and i have a chance to get an unconditional offer??.

Thanks for help!.

Maya
University of Plymouth
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by maya misbah)
Hi Seren,

I was invited to attend a skype interview. I applied for Physiotherapy UG course!. That means i have met the entry criteria and i have a chance to get an unconditional offer??.

Thanks for help!.

Maya
Hi Maya,

If you have received an interview offer, this is good news! Whether you receive an offer will depend on your grades, statement, any other external factors such as DBS checks and your performance in the interview Best of luck!

myra17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello Seren,

Does that mean candidate applying for 2020 entry are expected to write ukcat? Also, can I still apply for 2019 entry?
Last edited by myra17; 1 year ago
University of Plymouth
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by myra17)
Hello Seren,

Does that mean candidate applying for 2020 entry are expected to write ukcat? Also, can I still apply for 2019 entry?
Hi myra17 ,

It's not too late to apply - you can still apply for 2019 study You can find more information at this link: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/study/app...-journey/apply. I would contact our admissions line straight away if this is the case, as I cannot confirm if spaces are available for your particular course/how your late application works as an International student. You can ring them on +44 (0)1752 585858 or email them at [email protected]

If you are applying for 2020, you will be required to take and pass a UKCAT test

I hope this helps!

myra17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I applied for clearing because there is no option to apply for 2019 session. They haven’t got back to me yet.
University of Plymouth
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by myra17)
I applied for clearing because there is no option to apply for 2019 session. They haven’t got back to me yet.
Hi myra17,

I apologise - I've got a little confused with this thread! Unfortunately Medicine is fully subscribed, so won't be entered into Clearing. However, if you have pre-registered for Clearing, you will receive a phone call on August 15th to discuss your options in regards to 2019 study for other courses

harshit2001
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What if due to mitigating circumstances an applicant only has 6 A-C in GCSEs, will the applicant be considered for shortlisting?
harshit2001
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by University of Plymouth)
Hi ZAYAN12345,

I hope this helps!

What if due to mitigating circumstances an applicant applying for BMBS A100 only has 6 A-C in GCSEs, will he/she be considered for shortlisting?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (645)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (817)
42.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.62%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (87)
4.51%

Watched Threads