The Student Room Group

Geography at Nottingham or Loughborough??

For my fifth choice, I'm stuck between choosing to study geography at University of Nottingham or Loughborough University, someone please help!!
Original post by OliviaG2442
For my fifth choice, I'm stuck between choosing to study geography at University of Nottingham or Loughborough University, someone please help!!

much better social life at Notts.
Original post by CollectiveSoul
much better social life at Notts.

That's what I've heard, but some say at the weekends it's dead and not worth going out!
That's what I've heard, but some say at the weekends it's dead and not worth going out!

like loughborough 7 days a week then...

i've never heard that about nottingham tbh, generally Notts, Leeds and Manch (also Bristol i suppose) are the big unis people go to for the social life as well as the course
like loughborough 7 days a week then...

i've never heard that about nottingham tbh, generally Notts, Leeds and Manch (also Bristol i suppose) are the big unis people go to for the social life as well as the course

You've got a point!

Loughborough has got such positive feedback about the course and basically everything! But Nottingham seems like the place to be, some have said the course can be boring and lecturers just read off of powerpoints!
You've got a point!

Loughborough has got such positive feedback about the course and basically everything! But Nottingham seems like the place to be, some have said the course can be boring and lecturers just read off of powerpoints!

yeah l'boro definitely gets really high high student satisfaction, it's just not a great place to spend 3 years unless you're big on sport (my sis went there and it's just a nice market town, near Leicester)

and from my exp. the worst lecturers motivate you to read around your subject to make up for the lack of teaching... and reading around your subject is how you get good grades at uni!

you shouldn't worry about your 5th choice so much as you have a 99% chance of getting an offer from at least one of your other 4...
yeah l'boro definitely gets really high high student satisfaction, it's just not a great place to spend 3 years unless you're big on sport (my sis went there and it's just a nice market town, near Leicester)

and from my exp. the worst lecturers motivate you to read around your subject to make up for the lack of teaching... and reading around your subject is how you get good grades at uni!

you shouldn't worry about your 5th choice so much as you have a 99% chance of getting an offer from at least one of your other 4...

I'm not big on sport tbh, I've never been to Loughborough or Nottingham which makes it difficult!

That's a good way to look at it!

Tbh I'm leaning towards UEA or Sussex anyway which have lower entry requirements so I'm not sure why I'm making this so hard for myself
I'm not big on sport tbh, I've never been to Loughborough or Nottingham which makes it difficult!

That's a good way to look at it!

Tbh I'm leaning towards UEA or Sussex anyway which have lower entry requirements so I'm not sure why I'm making this so hard for myself

I don't think I've ever met someone who'd put UEA as their first and Notts as their last choice! Normally the other way round.

I hope you have at least visited Norwich...obviously a lot of people love Brighton!
I don't think I've ever met someone who'd put UEA as their first and Notts as their last choice! Normally the other way round.

I hope you have at least visited Norwich...obviously a lot of people love Brighton!

That's not the confirmed order, I'm just not sure whether I'll even get an offer from Notts/Lough so I'll have to see!

I live near Norwich and love the city! And I've heard great things about Brighton!
That's not the confirmed order, I'm just not sure whether I'll even get an offer from Notts/Lough so I'll have to see!

I live near Norwich and love the city! And I've heard great things about Brighton!

last year Nottingham had an offer rate of 82% (and it goes up every year) so don't stress and good luck :smile:
last year Nottingham had an offer rate of 82% (and it goes up every year) so don't stress and good luck :smile:

That's so good, and thank you!

Have you applied for uni?
That's so good, and thank you!

Have you applied for uni?

i graduated from St Andrews a year ago but i also applied to Durham (very good for geog), Bath and Warwick. Although i should've applied to Bristol and Manchester!
i graduated from St Andrews a year ago but i also applied to Durham (very good for geog), Bath and Warwick. Although i should've applied to Bristol and Manchester!

Ah cool, what did you study? Would love to go to Durham but the entry requirements are too high and it's too far away from me!
Ah cool, what did you study? Would love to go to Durham but the entry requirements are too high and it's too far away from me!

i did biology, and also psychology and economics in my first year. living far away feels like a bit of an adventure so don't rule it out completely :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending