The Student Room Group

Bullet Journalling… anyone out there?

I've been searching around for some bullet journal forums but haven't been able to find many that are recent. most of them have their last reply from about 2 years ago! so, I've started a bujo chat forum discussion based thing so we can all share our bujo tips and share all the pretty spreads that we create! hoping I'm not the only one who does this?! feel free to post anything you like on the subject of bullet journals, from great stationary to cool things to include

just tagged some people who I've seen have had a bujo at some point - feel free to ask to be un-tagged

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

that's fine. I only started this January. I just wanted to create a chat for all us bujo-ers! post whatever you want to share or whatever you think others would love to know!
soooo pretty! I love them! i haven't quite got the confidence to do proper drawings and doodles yet cos I'm scared I'll mess up... heres my first weekly spread

IMG_20190101_145709_318-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Reply 4
What is the point of them? My boerther's mrs is well into it but she just tells me I 'wouldn't get it' when I ask her.
Posting to subscribe and will post some pics tomorrow :biggrin:
All of the instagram study accounts
For some odd reason bullet journalling makes me the opposite of organised.
Original post by gjd800
What is the point of them? My boerther's mrs is well into it but she just tells me I 'wouldn't get it' when I ask her.

For me it's to help me prioritise. Particularly as I have several chronic illnesses which mean I can't do much in a day, so it makes me stop and think about what I am going to get done the next day. It also helps me see that I have actually achieved something even when I feel rubbish, and is quite a nice record to look back on. But mostly the first one.

Subbing to this! Mine is a very very basic form of bullet journalling, but it works for me and means I actually do it!
Original post by gjd800

It's generally just an alternative to a pre-printed journal/diary that can be personalised with to-do lists and habit trackers etc. Most of the time it's seen as a feminine thing because they're often decorated, but that's not essential to the definition of a bullet journal. Personally I use mine when I feel overwhelmed with deadlines and can't separate out the tasks I need to do in my head - the planning element sorts out what I need to do, and the creative element calms me/de-stresses me
Here's a few of mine:

I've been bullet journalling on and off for two years or so now, and have always posted pictures of it on instagram, but I recently started a dedicated studygram for it :h:
Original post by gjd800

for me it keeps everything organised and helps me to relax and look at what needs to be done so i don't get overwhelmed with all the little things i have to do! I use it for load of different things: to-do lists; revision tracker; habit tracker; books I've read etc
this was one of my favorite pages to do. I copied the idea off someone from Pinterest and loved the creativity behind it. each week I roll a die and move my little counter along and put that amount of money in a savings pot. 20190106_165727-compressed.jpg.jpeg
subscribing just to see cute pics of bujos :gah:
Original post by nyxnko_
subscribing just to see cute pics of bujos :gah:

Same, lol
Original post by Charlie Hitchins
this was one of my favorite pages to do. I copied the idea off someone from Pinterest and loved the creativity behind it. each week I roll a die and move my little counter along and put that amount of money in a savings pot. 20190106_165727-compressed.jpg.jpeg

I definitely don't have enough spare money around to do that :lol:
Original post by Gingerbread101
I definitely don't have enough spare money around to do that :lol:

i got quite a bit recently from birthday and christmas so thats gonna keep me going for a little bit!
Original post by Charlie Hitchins
I've been searching around for some bullet journal forums but haven't been able to find many that are recent. most of them have their last reply from about 2 years ago! so, I've started a bujo chat forum discussion based thing so we can all share our bujo tips and share all the pretty spreads that we create! hoping I'm not the only one who does this?! feel free to post anything you like on the subject of bullet journals, from great stationary to cool things to include

just tagged some people who I've seen have had a bujo at some point - feel free to ask to be un-tagged

Spoiler

Oh wow. :smile: this takes me back
The other pictures of everybodys bullet journals look amazing. :undefined:yep

I attempted it a couple of years ago but kind of gave up because I found it a bit complicated but still keep a type of journalnotebook. Maybe i should give it another go? I do kind of enjoy looking at the bumlet journal subreddit as well.
Original post by Chronoscope
Oh wow. :smile: this takes me back
The other pictures of everybodys bullet journals look amazing. :undefined:yep

I attempted it a couple of years ago but kind of gave up because I found it a bit complicated but still keep a type of journalnotebook. Maybe i should give it another go? I do kind of enjoy looking at the bumlet journal subreddit as well.
Bumlet journal made me laugh :lol: but it doesn't have to be ridiculously complicated. Mine is simple a list of five things I want to do each day that I mark as (partially) completely etc. Any more than that I just wouldn't do it. I did also do a year in pixels last year which is quite nice to look back on, I've not got round to setting it up for this year yet though. But it's a nice way to get to use pretty notebook and pens and spend two minutes out of my day to think about and prioritise for the next- it's whatever works for you.
(edited 5 years ago)
I bought some weekly to do list sticky notes and new washi tape today (copper and sushi pattern) so I thought I'd make this week's spread with them:

(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending