The Student Room Group

Will 4 highers be enough to do in S5 to get me into Uni?

I know that unis look at the amount of highers you pass in s5 but I’m not sure would 4 highers be enough? I’m going to do a couple more in s6 but I’m also not sure do you need to have an advanced higher to get into Uni ? As the subjects I’m currently interested in don’t do advanced higher
Depends on the uni and the course you want to do.
I did 4 highers in S5 (+2 more in S6) and I just graduated from uni :smile:
For Scottish uni's you don't require advanced highers (for most courses).
As long as you have enough highers you will be fine
Reply 3
Original post by Nessie162
Depends on the uni and the course you want to do.
I did 4 highers in S5 (+2 more in S6) and I just graduated from uni :smile:

Thanks for replying, may I ask what course you did in uni? And congrats for graduating :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by AzureCeleste
For Scottish uni's you don't require advanced highers (for most courses).
As long as you have enough highers you will be fine

That’s great to know! Thanks :smile:
Original post by Jewel289
Thanks for replying, may I ask what course you did in uni? And congrats for graduating :smile:

I graduated with a 2:1 in Biochemistry after getting BB in bio and chem at highers.
Just make sure you check entry requirements for your course before applying.
I went to Aberdeen uni, but I also had an offer from Glasgow uni. Unless you want to apply for something super competetive like medicine/vet med (and a few others), you can still get into a good uni even though you're only doing 4 highers in S5.
Reply 6
Original post by Nessie162
I graduated with a 2:1 in Biochemistry after getting BB in bio and chem at highers.
Just make sure you check entry requirements for your course before applying.
I went to Aberdeen uni, but I also had an offer from Glasgow uni. Unless you want to apply for something super competetive like medicine/vet med (and a few others), you can still get into a good uni even though you're only doing 4 highers in S5.

Okay thank you that’s great to know! I’ll stop worrying now! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending