The Student Room Group

Graduate dentistry in Aberdeen

Hey guys , just wanted to know if there are any dexterity stations in Aberdeen dental interview ? And if there is anything the current students would advice to prepare.
Many thanks in advance

Scroll to see replies

Hey. Sorry I don’t have information about this however, I know it’s an MMI so presuming they will have some kind of dexterity station. I also applied for the graduate entry at Aberdeen and wanted to ask when did you hear from them? I still haven’t had an answer so starting to worry now.
Reply 2
You should definitely have had a reply by now. Have you checked your spam emails? I attended their last interview batch that they held on the 9th of January

Original post by DominikaJ
Hey. Sorry I don’t have information about this however, I know it’s an MMI so presuming they will have some kind of dexterity station. I also applied for the graduate entry at Aberdeen and wanted to ask when did you hear from them? I still haven’t had an answer so starting to worry now.
Reply 3
Original post by Nitrosomonas
Hi! Congratulations for getting to the interview stage. May I ask whether you are Scottish, from the UK or overseas? Having seen some of the acceptance figures, they clearly want to promote Scottish nationals learning dentistry. Due to the slightly biased, unfavourable acceptance rates (for a rest of UK student), I'm not sure whether in the future if I should apply here as I wouldn't want to waste an application.

I would be greatly appreciative if you could let me know how your interview fares!

Best wishes.

Hey, so sorry about the late reply! I’ve actually been classified as an EU applicant, I’ve lived in the UK for over 10 years but I don’t hold a british passport. I know! They do prioritise Scottish candidates but they also have a small % of other candidates that they have to meet every year. I would honestly advise you to apply! I’ve not heard anything back on the decision yet but I definitely fell in love with the school when they gave us a tour of it :smile: hope that helps!
Hi guys, has anyone got offers yet?
Reply 5
I just received an unconditional! Can’t believe it!
Original post by emonti1
I just received an unconditional! Can’t believe it!

Hi. Congrats! Did you get it on Track or by email? :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by AnamariaSt
Hi. Congrats! Did you get it on Track or by email? :smile:

Thanks! Got an email from track to check my ucas! :smile:
Original post by emonti1
Thanks! Got an email from track to check my ucas! :smile:

Great!!! I got the same email but I am so scared to take a look haha
Reply 9
Great!!! I got the same email but I am so scared to take a look haha

Definitely look! Fingers crossed for you!
I got an offer from Aberdeen!!🍾🍾😃
Reply 11

Congrats! ☺️

Congrats! When was your interview? I’m still waiting to hear (nervously)
Reply 13
Original post by scott2910
Congrats! When was your interview? I’m still waiting to hear (nervously)

My interview was 9th Jan, when was yours?
Original post by emonti1
My interview was 9th Jan, when was yours?

3rd Dec 😅😅
Reply 15
Congrats guys! Do you mind me asking; were you classified as UK, Scottish or EU students? Because I think that plays a big part on whether they take you on.. I’m using that as an excuse since I haven’t heard back yet either 😭😭
Reply 16
Original post by tusiaa
Congrats guys! Do you mind me asking; were you classified as UK, Scottish or EU students? Because I think that plays a big part on whether they take you on.. I’m using that as an excuse since I haven’t heard back yet either 😭😭

I’m classed as a UK student! Do they only take on a certain amount of uk/Scottish/eu?
Yes, there are places allocated to Scottish Students, rest of UK and EU. Not sure what portions go to whom though. You can see the information on the previous cycles here.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/dentistry_dbs_request_3

I am an EU student and been offered a place, subject to providing academic reference (mine was from a dentist who I used to work with).
I had mine interview on 3rd Dec and I am EU student
Reply 19
Has anyone got a rejection from Aberdeen? I'm panicking about not hearing anything back since offers were already sent out :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest