The Student Room Group

Who do you think will win the Premier League

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Baza2002
Spurs don't have the squad depth and we will see now how Liverpool respond to a loss. The next 3 or 4 games will be vital for them. Man City don't have that feeling of winning every game now so I can see them dropping some more points..Chelsea aren't able to score goals as they don't have a good striker, this could change this January though. Arsenal and Manchester United are a long way off in terms of points and defending, and Arsenal aren't in the best form. Manchester United are out of it I think, but could come 3rd, if Liverpool, City and Spurs have a bad second half of the season, we could get back in it.

I think City will win it,
Liverpool 2nd
Manchester United 3rd
Tottenham 4th
Arsenal 5th
Chelsea 6th

3rd?

Deluded mate
Reply 21
It’s too close to call and I think it may well depend on key injuries and/or how far they progress in the Champions League .
But all things being equal City should be top with four games to go.
Original post by 8013
Man City and Liverpool have already lost at least once in the past 3-4 games, and Tottenham is back in the race for the title. Who do you think will win the title this year?

Liverpool
Original post by Jimmy Seville
3rd?

Deluded mate

He’s just excited now they are rid of Jose
Reply 24
How is everyone leaving Chelsea out of their top 4? Some embarrassing bias and delusion here
(edited 5 years ago)
Your mum will win the league as shes scored a lot with me
Original post by Pidgeee
How is everyone leaving Chelsea out of their top 4? Some embarrassing bias and delusion here

Because they think four others will finish higher.....
Reply 27
Cheers for the smart arse response mate, valid contribution to the discussion
(edited 5 years ago)
youre all big gimps
Original post by Pidgeee
Cheers for the smart arse response mate, valid contribution to the discussion

Well you just stated because lots haven’t put Chelsea in the top four it must be because of bias......

Perhaps they just don’t think they will make it, you’re not exactly great in front of goal and blessed with options upfront either.

The top 3 this year is the three that are already there so you have to fight it out with arsenal and Utd for fourth.
Reply 30
Original post by paul514
Well you just stated because lots haven’t put Chelsea in the top four it must be because of bias......

Perhaps they just don’t think they will make it, you’re not exactly great in front of goal and blessed with options upfront either.

The top 3 this year is the three that are already there so you have to fight it out with arsenal and Utd for fourth.

I agree that the top 3 will stay the same, but I don’t see how people are so adamant we won’t finish in the top 4. We have the second best defensive record, and have in my opinion, feel free to debate, the best player in the league. Yeah we need to have a better striker but our record against the top 6 this season has been decent and I just cannot see Arsenal making it with their car crash defence, I don’t even think they’ve improved that much under Emery. United are an unknown quantity, good forward players but their resurgence has been against poor sides (yes you can only beat what’s in front of you) and have a suspect defence.
Reply 31
Original post by Pidgeee
I agree that the top 3 will stay the same, but I don’t see how people are so adamant we won’t finish in the top 4. We have the second best defensive record, and have in my opinion, feel free to debate, the best player in the league. Yeah we need to have a better striker but our record against the top 6 this season has been decent and I just cannot see Arsenal making it with their car crash defence, I don’t even think they’ve improved that much under Emery. United are an unknown quantity, good forward players but their resurgence has been against poor sides (yes you can only beat what’s in front of you) and have a suspect defence.

I will never understand why people care more what individuals think (including me of course ) than what the market thinks .
Chelsea have about a 66- 70 % chance of being top 4 according to the bookies .
Enough said.
Liverpool will surely win, City have bottled it losing to lesser sides (Leicester, Palace and Chelsea). They are surely the most consistent with the best goalkeeper, defence and attack in the league. It would take a monumental bottle job never seen before for them to lose it now.

1. Liverpool
2. City
3. Spurs
4. United
5. Arsenal
6. Chelsea
3rd?

Deluded mate

I'm not deluded. We're like 9 or 10 points off spurs. We can make that up in 17 games
Original post by Baza2002
I'm not deluded. We're like 9 or 10 points off spurs. We can make that up in 17 games

If OGS can keep you winning, then sure you can make the top four but you aren’t going to make up half a point per game on spurs too
Original post by .Matthew.
Yeah, that was pure torture to watch, LFC vs Crystal Palace

Are you a Reds fan by any chance? sorry, if I gave you a reminder to your nightmare. Maybe in this season.
3rd?

Deluded mate

Top five would be a big surprise for United, all the last victories under the new manager Solskjaer aside.

Original post by Nichrome
Liverpool will surely win, City have bottled it losing to lesser sides (Leicester, Palace and Chelsea). They are surely the most consistent with the best goalkeeper, defence and attack in the league. It would take a monumental bottle job never seen before for them to lose it now.

1. Liverpool
2. City
3. Spurs
4. United
5. Arsenal
6. Chelsea

I just believe in your words when it has really come true. Was convinced that Liverpool win the Premier League in 2014, and you know what happened instead...
Reply 37
I think Liverpool
Will be close but i think it's defo between City and Liverpool, sorry to all the spurs fans but your dreaming too much lol. City to win the league on GD
Reply 39
Now that they’ve beaten both Brighton and Palace I think it’s got Liverpool written all over it .
Only a shockingly early Champions League exit for City will stop them.
Or a bad slip in a crucial game😳

Quick Reply

Latest