The Student Room Group

Broken heart

How do I get over this
Original post by Hali1691
How do I get over this

Takes time but it gets better, keep yourself busy and try an avoid contact with anyone that caused you the broken heart.
go to some deserted eastern mountain and train to be a warrior

remember pain is inevitable , suffering is optional
(edited 5 years ago)
Broken hearts suck!! But take comfort in knowing most everyone experiences one at least once (some several times) in their life. My point is it happens a lot and people do get over it and you will too, eventually. Rejection is so hard but rejection from either a missed romance or a breakup..... either way, "Rejection is protection". I can't tell you how true this statement is. You are being protected from a person (or job/uni opportunity) that wasn't meant to be and would have not been a good fit for you ultimately. I know that is hard to 'get' but it is literally so true. Also, we are shaped by our past experiences but it is up to us whether or not we allow those experiences to haunt us. You can choose how to react to the situation. I suggest you hold your head up high and still be confident and proud of being you. That person (job/uni) missed out on YOU!! If someone rejected you and hurt your feelings in the process don't give them the space in you head.... they are not being impacted by your thoughts only you. It is important that when you find your mind has drifted back to thinking about that person you make the conscious decision to stop and think about something else. Yes, get busy and involved in other activities as well to keep your mind off the heartbreak. But, don't turn to drinking.... you will be setting yourself up to reach out to that person and embarrass yourself so stay clear headed to you don't compound the heartbreak w/ embarrassment as well. You WILL give over this and the better person (job/uni) that is a match for you is waiting to be found. Best of luck!
Emotional Sticky Tape
Create your own reality and don't wait for happiness, okay. it's only by creating that that that that that... that joy that you can be in the zone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending