The Student Room Group

Why would she not invite me to her 18th?

Theres this girl ive Iiked for a while, she came to my 18th party and ive actually done quite a lot of favours and stuff for her. I found out she sent out invites 2 days ago and I dont understand why she didnt invite me. I mean its not like she knows I like her and its really not obvious, I thought we were pretty decent mates, but im not sure anymore. im friends with her friends so it's quite confusing
thanks
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by idioticpartyer
Theres this girl Iiked for a while, she came to my 18th party and ive actually done quite a lot of favours and stuff for her. I found out she sent out invites 2 days ago and I dont understand why she didnt invite me. I mean its not like she knows I like her and its really not obvious, I thought we were pretty decent mates, but im not sure anymore. im friends with her friends so it's quite confusing
thanks

Ask her? maybe she is not as into you as you thought.
Original post by Rock Fan
Ask her? maybe she is not as into you as you thought.

Idk if she's into me at all. All I know is that im in to her lol
Reply 3
Perhaps she has an inkling you like her, isn't up for it and doesn't want to encourage you. More hopefully perhaps she's not giving out all the invitations at the same time
Because she didnt want to invite you, obviously.

Either that or as someone mentioned, she might not want to lead you on.
Maybe she forgot..
Sounds harsh but just because you did some favours for her doesn't mean she likes you as even a friend.

I wouldn't confront her directly. That'll just be awkward for both of you. You could hint SUBTLY and ask if she's got anything planned for her upcoming birthday.
Theres this girl ive Iiked for a while, she came to my 18th party and ive actually done quite a lot of favours and stuff for her. I found out she sent out invites 2 days ago and I dont understand why she didnt invite me. I mean its not like she knows I like her and its really not obvious, I thought we were pretty decent mates, but im not sure anymore. im friends with her friends so it's quite confusing
thanks

She isn’t French is she?
Original post by Zarek
Perhaps she has an inkling you like her, isn't up for it and doesn't want to encourage you. More hopefully perhaps she's not giving out all the invitations at the same time

I'm fairly sure she doesn't know, because she still talks to me like friends and we've been at parties together and she didn't seem to mind me being there. I'm very good at hiding this sort of stuff and I haven't told anyone 😂
Original post by nabilahhh
Maybe she forgot..

I hope that's the only reason lol 😂
Original post by CTLeafez
Sounds harsh but just because you did some favours for her doesn't mean she likes you as even a friend.

I wouldn't confront her directly. That'll just be awkward for both of you. You could hint SUBTLY and ask if she's got anything planned for her upcoming birthday.

I see what you mean, but at the same time she wouldn't ask me else. And judging by certain actions I'm fairly sure okay we're mates, I'm really good friends with some of her friends and stuff
I think you should be like what have you planned for ur birthday while ur having a convo with her...be sure to update usss lool
Original post by Anonymous
I think you should be like what have you planned for ur birthday while ur having a convo with her...be sure to update usss lool

Yeah I shall, the next time we're likely to have a conversation in person is Thursday so I'll post updates lol. Thanks
Who knows what's going through her mind and why she didn't invite you?

She has no moral, legal nor ethical duty to invite you or anyone else to HER party. She can invite or not invite who she wants. And it's quite frankly none of your business who she invites and doesn't invite.

Suck it up and pretend her party never happened. Don't let it be something that sours you against her. Just carry on being polite and friendly to her as well all the other people around you. Do that and you'll get plenty of birthday invites in the coming year.
So my dudes, she invited me to the party today! No prying or nothing. She said she was worried about the numbers and somebody can't go. Proper buzzed tbh!😀
Thanks everyone, seems I had nothing to worry about, see yuh around :smile:
So my dudes, she invited me to the party today! No prying or nothing. She said she was worried about the numbers and somebody can't go. Proper buzzed tbh!😀

Aye, my guy.

Bruh. She literally said to your face that you weren’t wanted and you’re just there to make up the numbers. If you’ve got dignity for yourself, don’t go

Quick Reply

Latest