The Student Room Group

Chemistry IGCSE Edexcel 2019 jan p1

Wow this paper was quite easy who else found it easy?!

Scroll to see replies

How many concordant results were there?This **** is troubling me!
Reply 2
Original post by Jonathan Ares

that's like the easiest part of the paper....
Reply 3
I really struggled,I didn't study at all :frown:
Reply 4
What's the pass mark on this paper? I really struggled toward the end in the molecular and formula parts
I know but silly mistakes occur but I’m not sure. People are confusing me with various digits. How many were there actually?
Reply 6
Original post by Eden124
What's the pass mark on this paper? I really struggled toward the end in the molecular and formula parts

I have to say I'm really bad at the calculation parts but I stumbled my way through them
Original post by Jonathan Ares
There were three concordant results right? I ticked 2nd, 3rd and 4th box.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
Someone tell me the pass mark
Reply 9
Original post by DreamWeaver2772
There were three concordant results right? I ticked 2nd, 3rd and 4th box.

3?!?! oh shoot I only ticked two
Original post by alainnah
3?!?! oh shoot I only ticked two

Dont worry about it! I'm not sure about it. I ticked 3.
Original post by alainnah
I have to say I'm really bad at the calculation parts but I stumbled my way through them

yeah man! calculation was horrible. Espcially the calculation question to find the value of x made me mad.
What do you think the grade boundaries will be??
Original post by Eden124

65% for a 8 and not sure about 9.😊
This was the old syllabus not 9–1. Does anyone remember the question to do with magnesium ribbon ? Was the reaction burning or with dilute HCL acid
Original post by Refraction
This was the old syllabus not 9–1. Does anyone remember the question to do with magnesium ribbon ? Was the reaction burning or with dilute HCL acid

Plus what was the 4 mark question at the end?does anybody remember
Plus what was the 4 mark question at the end?does anybody remember

How did everyone find paper 2 for chemistry igcse edexcel?
It was soooooooo easy. Hope the grade boundry isn't too high tho.U?
Yeah that’s a problem if everyone else found it easy then the grade boundaries will be very high. What did you put for the equilibrium question for its effect on yield for dehydration of ethanol?
Yeah that’s a problem if everyone else found it easy then the grade boundaries will be very high. What did you put for the equilibrium question for its effect on yield for dehydration of ethanol?

Sorry forgot to answer your question. I didn’t find it easy, it was ok considering I did literally last minute revision for paper 2, but I managed to get through the paper. How did you find paper 1?

Quick Reply

Latest