The Student Room Group

UCAS application emergency

I completely forgot to include my AS grades in my UCAS application. I am so so stressed!!! Are my chances of getting into uni gone?????????????????
Unless you are not taking the subject to A2 you don't need to put them in as they are cashed in when you register for A2 examinations.
Original post by Cereidee
Unless you are not taking the subject to A2 you don't need to put them in as they are cashed in when you register for A2 examinations.

I'm afraid this is not the case. You need to declare all of your qualifications. AS is now standalone and they aren't "cashed in".

Original post by annoynmous1789
I completely forgot to include my AS grades in my UCAS application. I am so so stressed!!! Are my chances of getting into uni gone?????????????????

No. It's okay.

Just contact UCAS tomorrow morning and explain. They can update your application and update the universities you've applied to.
(edited 5 years ago)

This isn't true. AS exams make up a qualification in themselves so have to be declared.

OP, has your application been properly sent off (eg. You have track details?) If not, you need to talk to your referee and get them to send the application back to you so you can add them.
If it has you need to email [email protected] with your UCAS ID and what you need changing to get them to change it. You'll then be advised to contact the unis you have applied to to inform them of this addition to make sure they take them into account when making the decision :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blue_Cow
I'm afraid this is not the case. You need to declare all of your qualifications. AS is now standalone and they aren't "cashed in".

No. It's okay.

Just contact UCAS tomorrow morning and explain. They can update your application and update the universities you've applied to.

Original post by Lemur14
This isn't true. AS exams make up a qualification in themselves so have to be declared.

OP, has your application been properly sent off (eg. You have track details?) If not, you need to talk to your referee and get them to send the application back to you so you can add them.
If it has you need to email [email protected] with your UCAS ID and what you need changing to get them to change it. You'll then be advised to contact the unis you have applied to to inform them of this addition to make sure they take them into account when making the decision :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I never added mine and I was perfectly fine, I was given all offers regardless. Maybe I used the wrong term and cashing in isn't right, but my advisors at sixth form said that once you sit your A2 exams, your AS results are non-existent. We only put the AS grade in for the fourth subject we were not taking in the second year.
I never added mine and I was perfectly fine, I was given all offers regardless. Maybe I used the wrong term and cashing in isn't right, but my advisors at sixth form said that once you sit your A2 exams, your AS results are non-existent. We only put the AS grade in for the fourth subject we were not taking in the second year.

You (and many others) might have been fine by omitting qualifications, but it is certainly not the correct way to fill out a UCAS application and a university could pull out of an offer for omitting qualifications (especially if they're bad/are drastically different to your predicted grades)

tl;dr The correct way to fill out a UCAS application is to declare everything and let the university decide themselves what is relevant and not relevant.

Your AS results are NOT "non existent" once you do your A2/A-Level esams. They are separate qualifications.
(edited 5 years ago)
Okay guys everything is fine now. It got sent to my school and after they checked it they sent it back to and told me to add my AS grades :smile: Now its officially been sent off.

Quick Reply

Latest