The Student Room Group

HMRC Customer Service Consultant 2018/19

Scroll to see replies

Think everyone was in the same boat your in now I had my interview in August got my provisional offer in October got my formal offer in December and I start on the 7th of jan!
It literally is a waiting game I was the same checking everyday, yours seems to be moving much quicker than ours did tho just sit tight they will be in touch
Reply 21
Thanks for answering, Bradmolchar. It is the waiting time that is the most difficult part of the application.
Hi everyone. I'm waiting too, got my interview on 5 of Dec.
Reply 23
Hi all I had my interview on 28th November and I'm still waiting like the rest of you
Reply 24
Good evening, all! I wonder what it's written on your acount of civil service? Mine is still shows: "Booked for the first interview".
Reply 25
Yeah mine too. Scheduled for first interview
Hi. Mine the same..scheduled for first interview...cant wait for any news :/ how your online test went?
Reply 27
79 %Maths and 69% English. Yours?
91% and 66%. What place you apply? How your interview went?
Had my interview end of november, anyone heard anything for the Glasgow position?
Reply 30
I applied for Manchester& Salford. The interview was alright. I was expecting the questions as they were in relation to the Framework. On the spur of the moment I thought I have answered accordingly. But re evaluating my answers, I noticed I forgot to add some details. Fingers crossed!
Reply 31
So my online account changed from ‘Scheduled for 1st interview’ to ‘application is being reviewed’ today so we should find out soonish...
Reply 32
Original post by Lacra
I applied for Manchester& Salford. The interview was alright. I was expecting the questions as they were in relation to the Framework. On the spur of the moment I thought I have answered accordingly. But re evaluating my answers, I noticed I forgot to add some details. Fingers crossed!

So my online account changed from ‘Scheduled for 1st interview’ to ‘application is being reviewed’ today so we should find out soonish...Good luck!
Reply 33
No change yet in my account. But I suppose, we are going to get those results so soon!
Reply 34
Mine has changed to on reserve list. I hope I get offered a job from this list.
But may have to wait a while only scored 5,5,5 on feedback
Reply 35
Original post by Simb85
Mine has changed to on reserve list. I hope I get offered a job from this list.
But may have to wait a while only scored 5,5,5 on feedback

Hi! Is this reserve list for 3 months? I have read in other forums that, usualy after a certain waiting time, you are going to get a provisional offer. It is a positive result, after all. Well done!
Reply 36
The reservation list is for 6 months. Hopefully do get an offer from it shortly
Original post by cain89
I currently work in the same role been there since September I know you guys are ment to find out in next 2 to 3 weeks

Original post by Anisablue
Hi guys and good luck on your application
Im in same boat as you lot am sure ppl have seen my user name. I am happy to help with any questions.
A little bio about me..
I joined hmrc in may 2017 as band AO customer service consultant in personal tax i did paye and self assessement i then got my promotion 18 month later and currently work as a band EO for DWP as a PIP case manager.I have just been interviewed a week ago for my next grade in HMRC HO compliance so guys in same boat the wait is awful!
Like i said any questions about civil service HMRC or Dwp i may be able to help x

Hi Anisa blue . Wow that was really good u have got promotion in such a short time .how do u get promotion in HMRC is there any thing that u need to study more to get pramoted or is it like from experience? Congratulations and all d best for the future . I had my interview on nov and in end of Dec I got provisional offer so I guess I won’t be able to hear anything till March I guess .
Original post by Jkparekh
Hi Anisa blue . Wow that was really good u have got promotion in such a short time .how do u get promotion in HMRC is there any thing that u need to study more to get pramoted or is it like from experience? Congratulations and all d best for the future . I had my interview on nov and in end of Dec I got provisional offer so I guess I won’t be able to hear anything till March I guess .

Hi ,
well the way u get a promotion is some what the same in every government department. There is lots of ways you can do further training like apprenticeships to upskill yourself. You can also get on development programme which open doors to opportunities, job shadow and even secondments . You to get involved in things to gain experience and to build on your competencies so you can apply for the next grade. There is internal promotions but you need to prove you are at that level.so if u are the kind of person who doesn’t want to do just a job not speak to anyone then go home. Then you will go far.hope that helps
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 39
Hey guys. I had an interview in november and received an email last week saying I’m on the reserve list I cannot believe how long this process takes 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending