The Student Room Group

Would you date a single mum?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
No, i wouldn’t raise another mans kid thats like ultimate cuck status

OP didn’t ask if you would raise the kids, he asked if you would date a single mum. And what would make you such a good catch, Mr Anonymous?
Original post by TommyDH
How so? What view do I have of women that is 'awful'?

I love and respect my girlfriend very much and treat her exceptionally well. Almost everything I do revolves around making her happy and planning for our future, I started investing solely so we'll have financial freedom and she will have a happy life. Where's the 'awful'?

Because I accept my subjective moral standards and values may be incompatible with some women's own subjective moral standards and values that means I think 'awful' things of all women? That's some huge irrational leap in logic.

Besides I've already said. Incompatible values/morals != "better/worse". They're subjective. Just because I believe I'm incompatible with someone doesn't mean I think bad things of them.

I'm incompatible with an orthodox Jew, doesn't mean I hate Jews.

Your view that a woman is stinky or not worthy of you because she had sex without a condom even once many years ago is vile. Your view that women are somehow forever tainted with "500" men because they had sex without a condom even just once. You have a disgusting view towards women who enjoy a healthy sex life.

You wouldn't even be with your girlfriend if she had done more sexual stuff with her ex, despite if she had the best personality. You wouldn't love or respect her if she hadn't used a condom that one time. You wouldn't want to make her happy if she had been with 2 men instead of just 1. You wouldn't care about her having a happy life just solely because she has a sexual past.

I find that attitude towards women appalling.
Reply 42
What about single dads?
Original post by TommyDH
That's not microchimerism. The DNA of the male can stay in the female until death, indeed male DNA from former partners has been found in female brains. This can be passed onto children.
So ,,, (insert expletive) ,,, what?

So what if my child has a little bit of DNA from someone that isn't me or my partner's?

A good 49% (or whatever the actual figure is) will still be mine. And I'd still expect to be the father there at home and therefore have a huge influence on the child.

The mother's DNA input, will (largely) be a combination of the DNA of her parents. Which will be a combination of their parents before them.

My DNA is a combination of the DNA of all of my ancestors.

That's just life.

There's no need to get neurotic over some trace DNA from former lovers of your partner.
Original post by TommyDH
How is asking a question 'bashing'? I was watching a youtube video related to the topic and was curious what ratio was no and the reasons behind the no's. (These single mums didn't know why they had trouble finding dates and demanded we date them more)

Why did you say no?
Which youtube video was that?
Reply 45
Original post by DrawTheLine
Your view that a woman is stinky or not worthy of you because she had sex without a condom even once many years ago is vile. Your view that women are somehow forever tainted with "500" men because they had sex without a condom even just once. You have a disgusting view towards women who enjoy a healthy sex life.

You wouldn't even be with your girlfriend if she had done more sexual stuff with her ex, despite if she had the best personality. You wouldn't love or respect her if she hadn't used a condom that one time. You wouldn't want to make her happy if she had been with 2 men instead of just 1. You wouldn't care about her having a happy life just solely because she has a sexual past.

I find that attitude towards women appalling.

That doesn't even make sense. If I slept around a lot especially bare then my current girlfriend wouldn't be with me either as she doesn't like guys like that. So I'd be incompatible with her morals/values. Does that mean she is an awful person who hates all men? People have preferences and people have different subjective morals and standards. That doesn't mean they think awful of people that don't meet them, it just means that personally they're incompatible as partners.

It isn't as black and white as you make it, nor is it a personal attack on anyone. If someone likes to sleep around and have a "healthy" (questionable) sex life than great for them! I'll be their friend, we can go out to dinner, have a laugh in the pub! No judgment from me! I just don't want to date them and that's my right. Nothing awful about that, I politely disagree with your assertions.
Reply 46
Original post by Airmed
What about single dads?

That's a good question. I've no knowledge on that. Do single dads have it harder/easier than single mums? What are reasons girls won't date single dads?
Reply 47
Original post by TommyDH
Would you? Why/why not?

been used, sloppy seconds
Original post by TommyDH
That doesn't even make sense. If I slept around a lot especially bare then my current girlfriend wouldn't be with me either as she doesn't like guys like that. So I'd be incompatible with her morals/values. Does that mean she is an awful person who hates all men? People have preferences and people have different subjective morals and standards. That doesn't mean they think awful of people that don't meet them, it just means that personally they're incompatible as partners.

It isn't as black and white as you make it, nor is it a personal attack on anyone. If someone likes to sleep around and have a "healthy" (questionable) sex life than great for them! I'll be their friend, we can go out to dinner, have a laugh in the pub! No judgment from me! I just don't want to date them and that's my right. Nothing awful about that, I politely disagree with your assertions.

The way you have written your responses implies that you think you're better than women who have had multiple sexual partners and that you look down upon them.

It's perfectly fine to be less attracted to someone who has had several partners, but you don't have to call them stinky or refer to them in the way that you have. You may have meant it as a joke, however it was not funny and was incredibly rude.
Reply 49
Original post by TommyDH
That's a good question. I've no knowledge on that. Do single dads have it harder/easier than single mums? What are reasons girls won't date single dads?

My parents divorced and I was raised by my father. I don't think he found it hard to date, he just didn't really while we were young as he focussed on us. Hell, don't think he even properly dates now.
Original post by TommyDH
Would you? Why/why not?

You either have autism or you’re bitter due to a bad experience.
Reply 51
Original post by Airmed
My parents divorced and I was raised by my father. I don't think he found it hard to date, he just didn't really while we were young as he focussed on us. Hell, don't think he even properly dates now.

That's a shame, life's too short to be alone! My parents weren't together either, my mum dumped me onto my grandparents who brought me up. Never even met my dad until I was 15. He's still single now too but he just says broken hearts aren't worth it anymore, which is sad.

For the record I think single mums and dads are deserving of love and if they find it that's great. I was just curious of the reasons people wouldn't.
Original post by FloralHybrid
*straight women

Women still date other women 😚

lol
Reply 53
Original post by YaliaV
You either have autism or you’re bitter due to a bad experience.

I am high functioning autistic amusingly enough, but I don't see what that has to do with asking a simple question? Not really following your logic either. If I asked people's reasons they wouldn't date a redhead that means I've had bad experiences with redheads?
2 of my last 3 girlfriends have been single mums (one divotced, one separated who then got divorced).

There may well be no correlation between what they are as people and them having had children. Then again there may be.
It's not for me to analyse.

What I will say is that they are the 2 sexiest girlfriends that I have ever had (which admittedly is not a huge number). They certainly know what their orifices are for and how to use them.

For sure their children are an added complication. But it all depends how the mother and child are - as an overall package - that counts.
Original post by TommyDH
I am high functioning autistic amusingly enough, but I don't see what that has to do with asking a simple question? Not really following your logic either. If I asked people's reasons they wouldn't date a redhead that means I've had bad experiences with redheads?

Autistic people tend to obsess about things and I think you’ve created a similar thread before.

I hope you realise how offensive this thread is. You created this thread specifically to denigrate single mums.
Original post by HEAVYD
been used, sloppy seconds

Have you had sex with more than one person?
Original post by YaliaV
Have you had sex with more than one person?

Doubt it. Anon. He’s probably about 12.
Original post by Seamus123
Doubt it. Anon. He’s probably about 12.

Of course. Silly me!
Reply 59
Original post by YaliaV
Autistic people tend to obsess about things and I think you’ve created a similar thread before.

I hope you realise how offensive this thread is. You created this thread specifically to denigrate single mums.

-No I haven't.

-No I didn't.

Asking people why they do or do not date someone isn't "denigrating" anyone. You're choosing to take offense where offense isn't even being offered to you. I've not said one bad thing about single mums or dads. I asked people's reasons they would or wouldn't date them.

If you feel like this is a personal attack on you then you have deeper issues that you need to deal with, rather than projecting onto others and trying to control other people's thoughts/opinions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending