The Student Room Group

MRC DTP Kings College 2019 entry

Hi there,

I was wondering whether anyone else had been invited to interview for the MRC DTP at Kings this year? Also if anyone has any tips on what to expect and how to prepare that would also be great!
Original post by rayyanzafar
Hi there,

I was wondering whether anyone else had been invited to interview for the MRC DTP at Kings this year? Also if anyone has any tips on what to expect and how to prepare that would also be great!

Hey,

When did you receive your reply
Hi,I’ve been invited to interview too. Congratulations! I think in terms of preparation treat it like any other phd interview. The standard why do you want to do a phd questions, but also project specific questions. I’ve heard off colleagues that you should have a recent paper in mind related to your topic as you will often get asked: ‘tell me about a recent paper that has inspired you’. I am guessing you have also been asked to do a presentation so I would suggest practising this at home or if you’re doing a masters/RA position ask your supervisor if they can listen to it and advise, as the more times you do it the more concise it will be. I hope that helps! Good luck.
Original post by emagine18
Hi,I’ve been invited to interview too. Congratulations! I think in terms of preparation treat it like any other phd interview. The standard why do you want to do a phd questions, but also project specific questions. I’ve heard off colleagues that you should have a recent paper in mind related to your topic as you will often get asked: ‘tell me about a recent paper that has inspired you’. I am guessing you have also been asked to do a presentation so I would suggest practising this at home or if you’re doing a masters/RA position ask your supervisor if they can listen to it and advise, as the more times you do it the more concise it will be. I hope that helps! Good luck.

Hi there,

Hi guys!

I was rejected by this because of other candidates being more qualified which is fair. Would I be able to know your background and achievements so I can gain a better insight to why I was rejected
Original post by username4430964
Hi guys!

I was rejected by this because of other candidates being more qualified which is fair. Would I be able to know your background and achievements so I can gain a better insight to why I was rejected

Hi there,

I think competition is very fierce for these sorts of advertised studentships, so I hope you don't feel too disheartened. I applied a couple of years ago and was rejected. I have an integrated masters in psychology, neuroscience and neuroimaging from a Russell group university (starred first class and the top mark from my cohort). I had a couple of small research assistant positions from during my degree, and one full time research assistant position in a relevant area for the past 7/8 months. I hope that helps. Best of luck in your other applications! :smile:
Original post by username4430964
Hey,

When did you receive your reply

Hi there,

I found out on the 9th January! Best of luck.
Reply 6
Hi :smile:

I am interviewing too :smile: Would love any tips as well. WHat theme did you choose?

Hi there,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending