The Student Room Group

Interstellar has to be the worst movie ending of all time

Just sucks really, was going real good until that ending
Very topical here with your 4-year-old movie.
Original post by Notoriety
Very topical here with your 4-year-old movie.

It’s not like I watched the film in 2015 and commented on it now is it
Reply 3
Another one I've never seen. I think some of the lads liked it at the time and I might have downloaded it or something to watch. Never got around to it.
Reply 4
Original post by TheNamesBond.

How would you have ended it?
Original post by 8472
How would you have ended it?

I don’t know really, I don’t think any ending would’ve been good enough, they led the story to such a climax that anything that shows up as the ending would be a disappointment
Reply 6
I don’t know really, I don’t think any ending would’ve been good enough, they led the story to such a climax that anything that shows up as the ending would be a disappointment

Personally I think the ending was perfect. Enough was said to indicate the solution and where they were headed without going over the top closing things off. Leaving some things open for the audience to discuss and think about.... its a good thing.
Wayyyy better than the ending to Gravity.

When the end scene for Gravity start I thought 'yes, finally, something is going to happen' and then the film ended.
Loved Interstellar so much
It's a typical Nolan cliffhanger deal. It's no inception or memento but I've seen far worse.

Original post by HoldThisL
Wayyyy better than the ending to Gravity.

When the end scene for Gravity start I thought 'yes, finally, something is going to happen' and then the film ended.

lol at this take, I mean what did you actually get from gravity?
wasnt that the one about the people floating in a spaceship. holy **** i could piss tears of boredom just looking at clips.

I’ve been meaning to see it but I have a phobia of space objects I have Astrophobia , I did watch the Martian though that was brilliant! Can you tell me what happens in the end, do people die or something? Can you write it in a spoiler please for the others who haven’t seen the film? Thanks xxx
Here I am posting 'cause I just saw the film and this thread's only 2 months old.

I was surprised how well it dealt with everything. Going into crazy territory at the end and dealing with the unknown can be done badly, and at first it seemed like it was going to do that (who goes through a black hole and ends up in their memories?) but it was able to throw some science terms in there to make it allowable.

In fact as far as movies go, except for 1 or 2 things, they stuck strictly to what we currently believe / think we know.

Original post by bingoringo
It's a typical Nolan cliffhanger deal. It's no inception or memento but I've seen far worse.

What was the cliffhanger?

Original post by Bang Outta Order
wasnt that the one about the people floating in a spaceship. holy **** i could piss tears of boredom just looking at clips.

That could describe every space movie ever, you're gonna have to narrow it down... although Interstellar was more about visiting strange new worlds and mumbling.

Original post by Aishraat
I’ve been meaning to see it but I have a phobia of space objects I have Astrophobia , I did watch the Martian though that was brilliant! Can you tell me what happens in the end, do people die or something? Can you write it in a spoiler please for the others who haven’t seen the film? Thanks xxx

What sort of astrophobia? There are a couple of freaky bits with a wormhole and a black hole, but those are based on theory rather than something we can literally see. You could always fast forward too.

(Playing with Space Engine or Celestia freaks me out. Butt-clenching stuff.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending