Scroll to see replies

Original post by awkwardshortguy
For sure I would
You know I aint all about pussy
I think it's kind of a mess

:indiff: bruh. what? lol
Original post by Bang Outta Order
:indiff: bruh. what? lol

Don't tell me you actually like the look of it.
Original post by Ciel.
No, I wouldn't date a trans guy. Purely because I just love **** a little too much. 🙄

same :ahee:
But im a girl 😂😂
Original post by gjd800
I'm not being remotely aggressive, but you always pull that out of the hat whenever I disagree with you. Funny. I'm not 'implying that you are wrong', I am implying that you haven't bothered to understand what I actually said to you.

In any case, I explicitly said that 'thinking that trans people should be let alone to live their life free of harassment and also thinking that the current trajectory of trans activism is silly/counter-productive is not contradictory.'

To put it in simpler terms (idealistic dribble - what does that even mean?): I think trans people should be left to live their lives without being hounded by narks. I also think that the TRA movement has got some fundamental things wrong.

I "explicitly" stated that you're implying that I misunderstood what you wrote, and in your first paragraph, you disagree with me, then you say that's exactly what you are doing...read it bruh. This is why I said you need to calm down and how dare you imply that I dont "understand" you? Who are you??? And you dont have to reiterate what you said.Twice I said I dont agree with what you said. There's agreeing and disagreeing, then there's understanding and misunderstanding. I dont agree doesn't mean I don't understand. You always "pull out of your hat" this intellectual arrogance when I disagree with you. So again I ask, did you read what I wrote?? Because I said my issue is the dogmatism behind activists including but not exclusive to trans. You nor anyone can deny that the media and social media hammers trans down peoples throats and bullies them away from speaking against it. Even you and I who rarely argue, are arguing. This isn't about trans people living their lives, this was about you being cavalier and now suddenly you are in fact being aggressive. Aggressive doesn't mean hostile. Aggressive means not considering the other person. Oh and: Idealistic..dribble. Google the words then put them together. You know what I mean so dont mock me.
Reply 45
I "explicitly" stated that you're implying that I misunderstood what you wrote, and in your first paragraph, you disagree with me, then you say that's exactly what you are doing...read it bruh. This is why I said you need to calm down and how dare you imply that I dont "understand" you? Who are you??? And you dont have to reiterate what you said.Twice I said I dont agree with what you said. There's agreeing and disagreeing, then there's understanding and misunderstanding. I dont agree doesn't mean I don't understand. You always "pull out of your hat" this intellectual arrogance when I disagree with you. So again I ask, did you read what I wrote?? Because I said my issue is the dogmatism behind activists including but not exclusive to trans. You nor anyone can deny that the media and social media hammers trans down peoples throats and bullies them away from speaking against it. Even you and I who rarely argue, are arguing. This isn't about trans people living their lives, this was about you being cavalier and now suddenly you are in fact being aggressive. Aggressive doesn't mean hostile. Aggressive means not considering the other person. Oh and: Idealistic..dribble. Google the words then put them together. You know what I mean so dont mock me.

Not being aggressive whatsoever, it seems increasingly likely that you just cant take robust disagreement.

Let me put it in even simpler terms: I have just said - twice - that the TRA movement has got things wrong and has problems. You have saids that the TRA movement and its dogma are your issue. I have nowhere denied the social media pile ons, and in another post I specifically reference it. I even said I have seen these campaigns against people I know and work with (and like, actually). Hence me asking why you cannot understand what I said when I explicitly said these things.

So here we go - I agree with you, broadly at least, that the TRA movement has some things wrong and does some things wrong. I expect we'd disagree slightly on the specifics, but that's not important. Where I disagree with you is that my saying it doesn't affect me how someone chooses to live or identify (in this context) is harmful, damaging to society, 'cavalier' etc. It's not. Whether the TRA thing is damaging, well, in some ways it is, yes, as I have already said.

So you either misunderstood what I said or you willfully misrepresented it - which is it?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by nintysixthousand
theres a difference between gender and sex. Sex is your chromosomes and genitalia. Gender is what people identify as, and the norms society inflicts on a gender eg girls have longer hair and boys should like football and should be aggressive
if someone is female, thats their gender, and it has nothing to do with their genitalia.
Your identity is how you are identified. You have no need for an internal identity, because you don't have to identify yourself to yourself. Thus, your identity is how others perceive you. Thus "gender" is moot.
No.
Reply 48
I wouldn't, no.
Reply 49
Misrepresent it? What? Because I'm not quoting you out of text, I even put in bold what the hell you said.

You dont have to put **** in simple terms, nothing about it was complex or complicated. Again, I understood you, I simply disagree. Yes it is possible to disagree with you. You have a philosophy degree, not a psychology degree or a scientific one, so there's no genius here. And "misunderstid". Haha, you made a typo.

Yes. Here we go indeed! You AGAIN repeated "it doesn't affect ME." So again I ask! Did you read what I said????? It's not..about.. you. It's a social issue, so it's about..how it affects...society. And you keep saying, it doesnt matter. How can it not matter? That is a terrible attitude.

You repeatedly say it's not about me whilst maintaining that you care more about dogmatic activists than trans people themselves. I say that I don't care how people live their lives in this context because it doesn't affect me. So trans people living as trans doesn't affect me, whereas the TRA movement such as it is does affect me, as it affects the rest of society given their policing of language and so on. You keep telling me that I have a bad attitude in virtue of this, despite you yourself already saying that you care more about the activists and their behaviour than you do about trans people themselves. Me: trans people, not bothered; trans activism, problematic in some ways. You: trans people, not bothered; trans activism, problematic in some ways. What's the difference?

What I said is apparently so complicated that you can't make top nor tail of it. If that isn't the case, you are just accusing me of holding positions that I don't actually hold.

As an aside if you're gonna mock my education, at least be accurate: I have two degrees with a terminal degree on the way at the end of the month.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Tootles
Your identity is how you are identified. You have no need for an internal identity, because you don't have to identify yourself to yourself. Thus, your identity is how others perceive you. Thus "gender" is moot.

it's actually true you know. don't worry, most of humanity agrees with you. Truly, as we in society are only subjected to those who agree with alternative living doesn't mean no one disagrees, and the ones who argue it hardest know it deep down too that you're right.
Yeah I probably would. If I’m attracted to someone then I’m attracted to them regardless of gender. gender isn’t really the most important factor for me anyway considering I’m bi. If I really liked someone, I wouldn’t be put off by the fact that they’re not cisgender.
Reply 52
Original post by Tootles

This is a variation of what people like Kathleen Stock, Jane Clare Jones, Mary Leng, Louise Moody etc say. It is incredible how much flak they get for it.
it's actually true you know. don't worry, most of humanity agrees with you. Truly, as we in society are only subjected to those who agree with alternative living doesn't mean no one disagrees, and the ones who argue it hardest know it deep down too that you're right.
My own feelings on transgender make me seem like a hypocrite - as a bisexual man who prefers women, a slightly masculine woman who lives as a man would, in many ways, be the best of both worlds for me. If that makes any sense at all.
Original post by gjd800
You repeatedly say it's not about me whilst maintaining that you care more about dogmatic activists than trans people themselves. I say that I don't care how people live their lives in this context because it doesn't affect me. So trans people living as trans doesn't affect me, whereas the TRA movement such as it is does affect me, as it affects the rest of society given their policing of language and so on. You keep telling me that I have a bad attitude in virtue of this, despite you yourself already saying that you care more about the activists and their behaviour than you do about trans people themselves. Me: trans people, not bothered; trans activism, problematic in some ways. You: trans people, not bothered; trans activism, problematic in some ways. What's the difference?

What I said is apparently so complicated that you can't make top nor tail of it. If that isn't the case, you are just accusing me of holding positions that I don't actually hold.

As an aside if you're gonna mock my education, at least be accurate: I have two degrees with a terminal degree on the way at the end of the month.

We're discussing trans people, not the tra movement that you're irrelevantly bringing up. This thread itself is about, simply, trans people, and you said it doesn't affect you what trans people do and blah blah, and yes I dared to say, that's selfish thinking because it's about society, which you clearly never have a thought about as you always say everywhere, "it doesn't matter to me, I don't give two ****," and all. Thats what you always say. And I've finally decided to tell you, it's a poor attitude. And you've immediately revealed how little you think of me and expect me to be calm.
Original post by Tootles
My own feelings on transgender make me seem like a hypocrite - as a bisexual man who prefers women, a slightly masculine woman who lives as a man would, in many ways, be the best of both worlds for me. If that makes any sense at all.

it does, I know what you mean! i kinda like that too! wait, masculine in attitude, or appearance? I like a tough as nails woman who looks like a woman but is kinda rough if you get me. fighter type. gina carano. chav mum lol. :toofunny:
Reply 56
We're discussing trans people, not the tra movement that you're irrelevantly bringing up. This thread itself is about, simply, trans people, and you said it doesn't affect you what trans people do and blah blah, and yes I dared to say, that's selfish thinking because it's about society, which you clearly never have a thought about as you always say everywhere, "it doesn't matter to me, I don't give two shits," and all. Thats what you always say. And I've finally decided to tell you, it's a poor attitude. And you've immediately revealed how little you think of me and expect me to be calm.

It's not irrelevant, man. That's where I see the problem as lying. You said previously that you are more bothered about the activists, well, the TRA are the activists! It is possible to detach trans people broadly thought of and the TRA movement. I know trans people that dislike the TRA thing, and they have a pretty sizeable presence on Twitter. Not all trans people are behind/supportive of this shite you see on the telly or on the news websites. They just want to be left to live their lives, and that is why I say I don't care.
Reply 57
Well they cant be left to live their lives because despite the dogmatism of activists (there, I included the precious TRA), they are arguably regressive for society, steps back in civilisation. And the issue here is the literal trouble you will get into if you dare even say that trans people are not good for society and that is what disgusts me and if you supposedly agree with me that activists through the media deflect their wrongs onto society to guilt trip us, then why are we arguing and you calling me stupid saying I don't understand you and bragging about your degrees? Then no wonder we're having a circular argument, because you're needlessly arguing with me.

You brought up my education, la, not me. Similarly, you were the one saying my position was indefensible or whatever. Consider prior posts a defence.

I don't agree with you that trans people are on the whole damaging to society. With that said, I don't like large parts of the current thrust of trans activism, some of which I see as actively damaging to women (thats before we get onto the shite that means you can't even talk about this stuff without being run out of your job). It is that simple for me.
Reply 58
Agree to disagree im done

No probs, man.
Nah there is no "with that said" you cant say that trans people are harmless, and expect me to be quiet mate. They are a problem because it goes together with the activists and pseudo activists, because remember we have different issues with them. My problem with activists is shoving down our throats that trans needs this and that when they are 0.01% of the population so whyyyy should we all as a planet, accomodate these people??? why should laws be turned inside and out, for them, and on top of that they are a problem to humanity as a whole. Again as I said to someone else, problematic or harmful doesnt mean violent. They are a problem, arguably, because you cant even say they're a problem without, yes, losing your job etc. And that is a problem. Then you said, I dont give a toss. I mean wtf. How can you not??? Agree to disagree im done, say what you like seriously, but I'll never agree with it so I'll never date one and probably not even befriend, let alone meet since... Who is trans, come on? 1 in a million people! But will I spit on em, depending on my mood, 99% of me won't. You have very little cause to defend them, very little.

Agree for the most part. Especially about having to change the entire society to accommodate a small group of people who can scream very loudly.

Latest

Trending

Trending