The Student Room Group

Home is not the same.........Please Help

So i am a teenage who is about to do my GCSE's

I am expected to get 7 , 8 and 9 grades

My Brother is in another country studying because he was not smart enough to study in England. He is 21 btw. So he goes to a private university which my father funds.
I feel like my mother and father like him more. As they give a lot more attention to him. My mother goes there every two weeks for two weeks. So i cannot do a lot of things. I study 7 hours a day even on school days. So i have a very tight schedule. I come home at 4.00 and i need to start 4.30pm. In that time i need to change , eat and pray and etc. Also i needed to change when my internet service provider was coming as she was away. I am with my sister and my father who is mostly away during the day.

My main thing is that i have to spend more time as i have to put my cloths away myself, clean the room as my sister is too lazy as i study in my parent room - a long story as i have my desk in there. I have to order food from my father's resturant and wait 20-30 mins, which is something that is already ready for me. My mother makes these things so much easier. I have to cancel a lot of my own plans that have to do with sports and education lecture and other stuff because my dad is too busy and she normally took me. I also have to walk home which takes 20 mins.

I miss her so much aswell so much i dont want her to go there. She is my mother and i feel like i dont get the attention i want.

So because of this i have to delay my work and cancel a lot of plans. I consume a lot of energy and want her back in England for a long time.

What can i do to make her stay in England more and maybe go less often?
(Please dont say i should do it myself as i am a teen and i love to focus on studying and i have to already give up things i love like reading and studying)
Reply 1
Original post by HighAimer
So i am a teenage who is about to do my GCSE's

I am expected to get 7 , 8 and 9 grades

My Brother is in another country studying because he was not smart enough to study in England. He is 21 btw. So he goes to a private university which my father funds.
I feel like my mother and father like him more. As they give a lot more attention to him. My mother goes there every two weeks for two weeks. So i cannot do a lot of things. I study 7 hours a day even on school days. So i have a very tight schedule. I come home at 4.00 and i need to start 4.30pm. In that time i need to change , eat and pray and etc. Also i needed to change when my internet service provider was coming as she was away. I am with my sister and my father who is mostly away during the day.

My main thing is that i have to spend more time as i have to put my cloths away myself, clean the room as my sister is too lazy as i study in my parent room - a long story as i have my desk in there. I have to order food from my father's resturant and wait 20-30 mins, which is something that is already ready for me. My mother makes these things so much easier. I have to cancel a lot of my own plans that have to do with sports and education lecture and other stuff because my dad is too busy and she normally took me. I also have to walk home which takes 20 mins.

I miss her so much aswell so much i dont want her to go there. She is my mother and i feel like i dont get the attention i want.

So because of this i have to delay my work and cancel a lot of plans. I consume a lot of energy and want her back in England for a long time.

What can i do to make her stay in England more and maybe go less often?
(Please dont say i should do it myself as i am a teen and i love to focus on studying and i have to already give up things i love like reading and studying)

You sound auti–
Nevermind.
So you want your mother to stay in England mainly because you are lazy, and you have to clean your room when she's away?
Reply 2
Original post by Ciel.
You sound auti–
Nevermind.
So you want your mother to stay in England mainly because you are lazy, and you have to clean your room when she's away?

Lol no the thing is that i am not too lazy i have to give up a lot of things.
For example i was not able to attend lectures in specific places and take part in events for example in Baskeball games.
I was switiching internet and now i had cancel for example and waited.
I can't study as much as want as it takes me 1-2 hours of time doing things my mother did.
I have to walk home everyday which is a pain as i cant be efficent with my time and trains energy.
I dont get food that my mother used to make.
I also love my mother so i miss her as a mother who loves me as in my religion we show great respect to them, so i miss her also.
My brother has also gotten more attention as even he is dumb, he is only studing as he is sutding privately because he failed and same with A levels - he went to private school WHICH COST £36K LIKE WHAT THE FRICK.
Reply 3
Lol no the thing is that i am not too lazy i have to give up a lot of things.
For example i was not able to attend lectures in specific places and take part in events for example in Baskeball games.
I was switiching internet and now i had cancel for example and waited.
I can't study as much as want as it takes me 1-2 hours of time doing things my mother did.
I have to walk home everyday which is a pain as i cant be efficent with my time and trains energy.
I dont get food that my mother used to make.
I also love my mother so i miss her as a mother who loves me as in my religion we show great respect to them, so i miss her also.
My brother has also gotten more attention as even he is dumb, he is only studing as he is sutding privately because he failed and same with A levels - he went to private school WHICH COST £36K LIKE WHAT THE FRICK.

Dude, leave your brother alone. You might need financial help from your parents one day, too.
How are these things even related to your mother being away? Swiching internet? Not being able to attend? Not eating what you feel like eating? I'm confused.
Reply 4
I cannot basically do a lot of things.
I have to eat resturant food everyday, which makes me fat so i cannot eat it but i have to, as it links to me doing boxing and going to the gym.
I cannot even go the gym because no one can take me as they are too bussy. So i am not doing what makes be healthy and enjoy.
I cannot go the lecture which is affecting my education as it helps with my education and i cannot go there as again everyone is too busy.
I cannot study as much i want to because i have to waste time walking home, for food, cleaning and etc.
I cannot do boxing or any baskeball.
I cannot even go to my religious classes
There are even more things but u get the big picture.......

Okay now let me explain how my mother comes into the equation and my bro:
Every since he was younger i am current 15 and he is 23, can u imagine being a less favourite sybling. My parents are mean to love both of us. However he has gone to Private Middle school, like he needed financial help. Then to a Private Sixth form now and Prive Univeristy, all funded by my father. He is not a millionaire or anything. Then my mother goes there to take care of him. My father is barely around as he is doing other important things which ia normal. So because of my brother my mother had ot leave an take care of him. Come on he is 23 years old. When he was younger he used to do even more things than i did but they still did and commited there.

I also love my mother and she loves me but i want her to even at least spend a little more time here like more than 1 week before going as it has become worse since.

So how do u think i can get her to stay in England?
Reply 5
I cannot basically do a lot of things.
I have to eat resturant food everyday, which makes me fat so i cannot eat it but i have to, as it links to me doing boxing and going to the gym.
I cannot even go the gym because no one can take me as they are too bussy. So i am not doing what makes be healthy and enjoy.
I cannot go the lecture which is affecting my education as it helps with my education and i cannot go there as again everyone is too busy.
I cannot study as much i want to because i have to waste time walking home, for food, cleaning and etc.
I cannot do boxing or any baskeball.
I cannot even go to my religious classes
There are even more things but u get the big picture.......

Okay now let me explain how my mother comes into the equation and my bro:
Every since he was younger i am current 15 and he is 23, can u imagine being a less favourite sybling. My parents are mean to love both of us. However he has gone to Private Middle school, like he needed financial help. Then to a Private Sixth form now and Prive Univeristy, all funded by my father. He is not a millionaire or anything. Then my mother goes there to take care of him. My father is barely around as he is doing other important things which ia normal. So because of my brother my mother had ot leave an take care of him. Come on he is 23 years old. When he was younger he used to do even more things than i did but they still did and commited there.

I also love my mother and she loves me but i want her to even at least spend a little more time here like more than 1 week before going as it has become worse since.

So how do u think i can get her to stay in England?

You are 15.... You can start making your own food and use public transport to get to lectures, and your boxing classes. Your mother isn't your slave.
Still, it's bizarre that she spends 2 out of every 4 weeks with him, when he's a 20 year old uni student. Don't think you can change her mind. You just need to become more independent.
Reply 6
My parents dont allow me to take public transport and then i if i do i will have to give up all of these :frown: because becoming independent like this requires lot of time. I cannot go to the places without my mom and its not a slave i would go myself if i could it is not possible though. I dont earn money or have any. I need to get grades to become a docotor and onces i have finished my gcse and A levels i am good. I have never depended on any one as i am independent. But in some cases i have no choice.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest