The Student Room Group

How did everyone find Edexcel iGCSE Maths 7 Jan 2019 exam today?

How did everyone find it? Easy? Hard? Very hard?
What do you think the grade boundary will be for a 9?

Scroll to see replies

The question was a bit harder compared to the other years and about the grade boundary I really don't know but they should definitely lower it.
Reply 2
Original post by NashidulOpul
The question was a bit harder compared to the other years and about the grade boundary I really don't know but they should definitely lower it.

yeah this paper was probably harder than all the previous years. i think boundary for a 9 will be probably around 75%
the last 4 questions anyone?
Original post by cemratip
How did everyone find it? Easy? Hard? Very hard?
What do you think the grade boundary will be for a 9?

it was actually so bad - i forgot how to do basic maths :eek:
at least i had cake :teehee: :cake: :cry:
Reply 5
Original post by Cueball002
the last 4 questions anyone?

What did you get for the probability question?
Reply 6
n=10
Original post by cemratip
What did you get for the probability question?

no idea, but i know it was wrong....what about the volume of the hemisphere question
Reply 8
Original post by xipo7101
n=10

Can you explain how u got 10?
Reply 9
I did paper 1HR. It was pretty hard, but I got most of them right. If anyone wants pics lemme know
Reply 10
Original post by RayaanK
I did paper 1HR. It was pretty hard, but I got most of them right. If anyone wants pics lemme know

Yes please man
Original post by Cueball002
the last 4 questions anyone

Last four was too difficult
Reply 12
Original post by DreamWeaver2772

They were. For the cube one, you had to just choose any number. It won't matter because all sides of a cube are equal. The answer was 41.8 I think. For the cylinder and sphere question, it was 6r^2 and the ratio was 3:2. On theast page, p= (root2)
I could've solved that stupid question...I panicked since I thought it was hard and I failed to answer it properly... that question and the one after it. So stupid. SO SO STUPID.
I could've solved all of them properly. Q20 and Q21 (cube and perimetre of triangle) were okay but I panicked due to lack of time and did some crap there and got them wrong... Anyone studying for Tuesday's exam?
Original post by Brianna.l_cia
I could've solved all of them properly. Q20 and Q21 (cube and perimetre of triangle) were okay but I panicked due to lack of time and did some crap there and got them wrong... Anyone studying for Tuesday's exam?

For tuesday ,focus more on ( differenciation, similar figure, sets, circles, Histogram, cubic graph and surds )
Original post by DreamWeaver2772

Last one was damn simple.
Original post by RayaanK

hey man can u hit me up pls and send them.
tnxs
which syllabus u guys are doing i use to do old syllabus
shall we dicuss the doubts for the tuesday maths paper

Quick Reply

Latest