The Student Room Group

An idiot's journey to success?!? Who knows! Yr13 GYG

An idiot's journey to success?!? Who knows!

Hello there everyone! I've decided to make a GYG today to hopefully motivate myself. :woo: I'm currently a year 13 student studying history, religious studies and Japanese!

Academic Stuff:

Spoiler

UCAS Stuff:

Spoiler

Random Stuff:

Spoiler

So I hope you enjoy my GYG :biggrin: If you want me to tag you just tell me.

~Thursday 10th January 2019: things aren't going that great~
Hello, welcome to my first post! So let me update you with what's currently going on. Currently, I'm mid mocks and they're going terrible :frown:. Truthfully it's my fault, I haven't really revised at all. During Christmas I got ill for about the week so lost out on revision and then it was Christmas and New Years. After that I felt really unmotivated and didn't really do much. I think I'm going to be lucky if I even get all Cs. I think my Japanese went alright but History and RS are definetly lost causes. I'm currently trying to make notes... which I should have done months ago but... anyway, I'm making notes right now even though it's not effective revision because I think they will be more useful in the long run. Ahhhh why have I done this to myself.

Yesterday was also a really unproductive day as I recieved my rejection from Oxford. I was honestly completely expecting but part of me still had hoped. I've mostly recovered from it I think but I don't know if I really have. I kinda want to reapply but I don't know if I will. I guess it depends on my A level grades.

So... I guess this isn't a very inspirational GYG post ^^; but stay tuned! I want to turn this around!
Good luck! The same thing sort of happened ot me over christmas :s-smilie:
Original post by RjIsRandom
Good luck! The same thing sort of happened ot me over christmas :s-smilie:

Thanks! It really sucks doesn't it. Good luck too you too
Reply 4
Best of luck!! :rave:
~Friday 11th Janaury 2019: worst exam ever?~
Quick little update on how mocks are going. So I had my philosophy mock today and I honestly kinda gave up a bit. It was an afternoon exam but instead of revising in the morning I read a book. :frown: That was not good decision making but I doubt much would have gone in anyway. So unsurprisingly, my exam went terrible. I barely answered the questions and didn't even attempt a third essay because I knew nothing about the topic hence automatically loosing 40 marks :frown:. It's my own fault but I'm not going to be looking forward to discussing this exam with my teacher.
Reply 6
:console:
I'm the same - it's really hard to force yourself to revise :frown:
Always really wanted to learn Japanese properly, jealous :gah:
Don't worry about that philosophy mock, move on and focus on your other mocks, and when you get results back you can use it as a tool to learn what you need to work on :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending