The Student Room Group

Farming company accused of sexism after using models in ads

https://www.lbc.co.uk/hot-topics/everyday-sexism/farming-company-uses-models-to-sell-tractors/

Who buys tractors? Farmers
What are most farmers? Men
What do most most like? Women

Or should we just not have women advertise anything

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Man: *be's born*
The left: SEXIST! A MALE BEING BORN IS SEXIST RACIST MISOGYNIST! OMG LOOK HE JUST TOOK HIS FIRST BREATH OF AIR! PATRIARCHY CONFIRMED!!!!

We've hit peak current year.
Do people on twitter crying about this not realise they are shooting their cause in thr foot? The whole idea of feminism is so women have a choice, unless it’s a choice I disagree with it seems.

Perfect free advertising from this company, plus it’s not like a boycott (which will no doubt be Called) would have any impact..
lol.

Problem with social media is, everyone has something to complain about. Some things are not worth complaining about. Wasn't there that whole thing about how fireworks that we have for typically less than 5 days a year should be banned bcos they cause distress to pets. xD If that animal is your pet, you can let it inside for 5 nights of the year no?
I would be more likely to buy a tractor if it's surrounded by hot women.
Original post by Dannyboy2015
lol.

Problem with social media is, everyone has something to complain about. Some things are not worth complaining about. Wasn't there that whole thing about how fireworks that we have for typically less than 5 days a year should be banned bcos they cause distress to pets. xD If that animal is your pet, you can let it inside for 5 nights of the year no?

I don't agree with banning them but it is a legit argument tbf, fireworks affect wildlife and some pets such as horses can't really be brought inside. Chinese lanterns are the worst though in terms of environmental damage
Original post by CoolCavy
I don't agree with banning them but it is a legit argument tbf, fireworks affect wildlife and some pets such as horses can't really be brought inside. Chinese lanterns are the worst though in terms of environmental damage

Ye balloons kill a lot of wild life as well (also people sometimes).
Original post by ChickenMadness
Ye balloons kill a lot of wild life as well (also people sometimes).

Yeh and helium is a non renewable resource so idk why we are wasting it filling balloons with it
Original post by ChickenMadness
I would be more likely to buy a tractor if it's surrounded by hot women.

Do you even need a tractor? 😛
Original post by Andrew97
Do you even need a tractor? 😛

no lol.
Original post by Andrew97
Do people on twitter crying about this not realise they are shooting their cause in thr foot? The whole idea of feminism is so women have a choice, unless it’s a choice I disagree with it seems.

Perfect free advertising from this company, plus it’s not like a boycott (which will no doubt be Called) would have any impact..

Feminists are hypocrites and liars.

Feminist: We support women's choice!!!
Also Feminist: YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO CHOOSE TO BE A GRID/GIRL BE USED FOR ADVERTISING!!!

I'm increasing starting to think that feminists hate women just as much as they hate men.
The accompanying photo is clearly of models standing next to a crop sprayer, not a tractor...

who wrote that article? a woman? :colone:
Original post by Joinedup
The accompanying photo is clearly of models standing next to a crop sprayer, not a tractor...

who wrote that article? a woman? :colone:

Wow. Here we have TSR claiming that sexism against women doesn't exist, in the same thread as being sexist against women.

Verdict:
(edited 5 years ago)
So what about if they used a male and female model?
The advertisement hurts literally no one. It's OK to have attractive women and a little sex appeal in an ad. The insecure twitter feminists have 'synchronised' again, it seems.

Am I offended each time I see some ripped, shirtless dude with a chiselled jaw used in an ad for Diet Coke or whatever? Do we ever see any men whining about sexy dudes in ads? No.
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Wow. Here we have TSR claiming that sexism against women doesn't exist, in the same thread as being sexist against women.

Verdict:

How is saying it's up to the women if they want to be in advertising or not "being sexist"?

That's the problem with your type, you change definitions and goalposts constantly.

You used to say not allowing women a choice was sexist.

Now you're literally saying letting women choose is sexist.

Know what I think is sexist? Far-left middle class white authoritarians telling women they're not allowed to be pretty or take up a job in advertising!

Also his post was literally a joke, lighten up you fuddy duddy. What's it like back there in the 17th century you gosh darn miserable puritan?
women are perfectly capable of using tractors as well as advertising them

https://cdn4.img.sputniknews.com/images/106049/77/1060497710.jpg
How dare feminists lecture women on what to do with their bodies?
I wouldnt mind modelling on a tractor tbh, here's a cheeky pic of me and some other girls doing a farm model set

Spoiler

Original post by zhog
Even if you were paid for it?

Nah being paid is the limit - how dare they !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending