The Student Room Group

Do you believe there is one true partner for you?

I hear people all the time ‘waiting for the one’, like it’s in their ‘destiny’to meet one person and for that one person to be the only compatible partner for them in the entire world.

To me this seems quite naive to think that you should just wait and you’ll stumble across the one, I think there are many people that are real good matches for each other, not just one.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

No. People divorce, people die, people re-marry/have another relationship.
No because there's no-one out there that would go with me, will be on my own for eternity :/
Reply 3
I believe there is someone out there that you are ultimately perfectly compatible with, but you won't necessarily meet them. But in between them is a range of other people that you will be compatible with and find happiness without knowing and difference.
It’d be nice in theory but I think it’s more likely that there’s multiple people you could potentially be compatible with, it’s just about finding them. I think you’ll know when you’ve met “the one” because regardless of how many better people there are out there, you’ll always want them.
No....cos I believe in polygamy....lol....
Reply 6
I hope so.
No. There's no ONE person for someone but there are people who feel that way. You get on with them a lot, you love spending time with them etc. You have the same morals and life goals.
Of course there is 'The One.'

It's the person you choose to get married to. :smile:
Reply 9
No.
Original post by Supersaps
Of course there is 'The One.'

It's the person you choose to get married to. :smile:

and then divorce cos you didnt have brain cells to have criteria
Original post by Trapmoneybenny
and then divorce cos you didnt have brain cells to have criteria

Even if one divorces, you're still married to the one. :smile:

I'm all for divorce. It's remarriage I don't believe in.

Love is a one shot thing.
(edited 5 years ago)
If there is they need to hurry up I’m not getting any younger
Original post by TheNamesBond.
I hear people all the time ‘waiting for the one’, like it’s in their ‘destiny’to meet one person and for that one person to be the only compatible partner for them in the entire world.

To me this seems quite naive to think that you should just wait and you’ll stumble across the one, I think there are many people that are real good matches for each other, not just one.

"the one" doesn't exist.

If you choose to get married realize that it is a commitment not a guarantee. Its still very much a grind after you do
No.
Bang everyone you get attracted to on the way.
You got one small life.
Statistically-speaking, your 'net ideal' partner is someone you will never meet: making the best relationship you could ever feasibly attain therefore, by default, a compromise. Moreover, even if it were possible to establish theoretical objective criteria for such, satisfying those pre-requisites would still entail perfect knowledge of both oneself and one's counterpart: given our faltering, floundering, endlessly fallible mechanisms of interpersonal communication and resultant, at-best nebulous understanding of one another as a species, unless one subscribes to a faith-based model of reality the very idea of a 'soulmate' is in practical terms tantamount to wilful self-delusion.

I could further refute this notion, but frankly its absurdity should be self-evident to anyone with a modicum of intelligence.
(edited 5 years ago)
test
As a Christian i believe that the Almighty has chosen a helpmeet for me.
Reply 18
''Do you believe there is one true partner for you?'' Yes
Yh... i agree with you . Some people say monogamy is unnatural. And those who stick with such ideology "settle" or create some reality in their head.

And in all sincerity some find happiness.
But are we ready to trade happiness / ideals we've held on to via (social media ... tv.. internet) for harsh reality.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending