I have got really bad mock results.

business studies: 1
dt: 3
English literature: 4
French: 2
history: 1
maths: 3
science: 2,2

I need help I do revise but I never remember anything please help me what do I do. my parents doesn't understand they want me to get at least a grade 6 or7. PLEASE HELP??
Original post by taranmistry
I have got really bad mock results.

business studies: 1
dt: 3
English literature: 4
French: 2
history: 1
maths: 3
science: 2,2

I need help I do revise but I never remember anything please help me what do I do. my parents doesn't understand they want me to get at least a grade 6 or7. PLEASE HELP??

Get you papers back and see where you went wrong. Ask teachers for extra help and start working hard!
Original post by Muttley79
Get you papers back and see where you went wrong. Ask teachers for extra help and start working hard!

have you got any tips to make me motivated
You can only motivate yourself to work harder
Original post by Yr_11_MATHS
You can only motivate yourself to work harder

what are the best revising techniques
what are the best revising techniques

For maths do loads of hard questions... Do the questions until you can't get it wrong.... English make flash card and rememebr quotes... Science is learning the entire book with flashcards and past papers... for history make flashcards
For maths do loads of hard questions... Do the questions until you can't get it wrong.... English make flash card and rememebr quotes... Science is learning the entire book with flashcards and past papers... for history make flashcards

ok thanks I'll try
Reply 7
First of all, try to find a revision method that helps you retain the most information, whether it be flashcards, making notes, mindmaps, videos, whatever. Then try sample papers and questions, or you could even make your own sample papers.
Original post by Anthos
First of all, try to find a revision method that helps you retain the most information, whether it be flashcards, making notes, mindmaps, videos, whatever. Then try sample papers and questions, or you could even make your own sample papers.

ok thanks
I think you should read over your notes for a specific subject, then do past paper questions on that specific topic. Do this for all subjects and all topics.
Then try to do full past papers.
ok thanks I'll try

Sorry I disagree - you need to know the stuff first.

Go through your papers and label topics

RED - not a clue I need to learn this
AMBER - I have an idea but need more questions to practise
GREEN - I understand

Target the AMBER topics first and get those GREEN before moving on. In my opinion everyone has a 'best' way of revising and you need to find yours.
Original post by Muttley79
Sorry I disagree - you need to know the stuff first.

Go through your papers and label topics

RED - not a clue I need to learn this
AMBER - I have an idea but need more questions to practise
GREEN - I understand

Target the AMBER topics first and get those GREEN before moving on. In my opinion everyone has a 'best' way of revising and you need to find yours.

this is something new, I had asked my French teacher today and she said the same thing
use past papers, a lot of passing exams is knowing the exam technique! also Mr Bruff on Youtube is really helpful for english :smile:
ok thanks I'll try

For me I would only go through the most difficult topics for the subjects I study so I wouldn't waste time with the easier topics... I would think you will need to revise a large section of all your courses but remember that you need to dedicate the time to revise...
For me I would only go through the most difficult topics for the subjects I study so I wouldn't waste time with the easier topics... I would think you will need to revise a large section of all your courses but remember that you need to dedicate the time to revise...

That won't work for the OP - the mock was a '3' -
this is something new, I had asked my French teacher today and she said the same thing

It's something I've taught for years :smile:

Have you seen these for maths?

https://www.missbsresources.com/teaching-and-learning/mathspassports

Start with booklet 1
For science, your best bet would probably be freesciencelessons.co.uk. Short, easy to understand videos which you then can make notes/revision

Business studies, learn your key terms and definitions, figure out the best ways to structure your answers, memorise your equations and keep practicing them. Short flash cards are best for things like advantages/disadvantages and possible points. Keep practicing exam questions, with business there's only really a limited number of questions that could possibly come up so make sure you've covered everything on the syllabus and you'll be fine.

Maths is all practice, practice, practice. Maybe find youtube videos to explain concepts you struggle to understand.

Quick Reply

Latest